Ben Askren thinks it's insane to say GSP has the best wrestling for MMA

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
Everyone says that, then when they fight GSP they say they are really surprised to experience how good GSP is as a grappler.

GSP has the 2nd best wrestling for MMA.
He used to have the best.

But as of now:
1. Chad Mendes
2. GSP

GSP has the 2nd best wrestling for MMA.
He used to have the best.

But as of now:
1. Chad Mendes
2. GSP

2a7se48.gif

Mendes is an amazing wrestler...but just no...no.

Askren would dominate GSP in a wrestling match, but that's it.

Everyone says that, then when they fight GSP they say they are really surprised to experience how good GSP is as a grappler.

Very true. He ruled the division which is full of MMA grapplers for a very long time

I wonder if Ben bought himself a front row ticket to watch Georges in the main event of the UFCs 20th anniversary show?

Askren doesn't understand that because GSP can actually stand and strike, his TD's and wrestling are just that much better. Everyone knows Askren's TD's are his bread n butter. GSP can actually fight though

My man. Wud secks Casey Anthony. Just something about her:

2qwdhyp.gif

I always felt ashamed watching her in court for killing her daughter but thinking damn i bet this chick is amazing in the sack haha

As a marketing strategy I see what askren is going for and it's very smart. He is in a weird free agency position and doesn't want an Alvarez repeat. So he has to talk hoping that it ensures the UFC will sign him and bjorn let's him go so there isn't another pr gaffe.

I'll wait until he starts fighting UFC caliber guys before i start caring what ben askren says lol

Askren doesn't understand that because GSP can actually stand and strike, his TD's and wrestling are just that much better. Everyone knows Askren's TD's are his bread n butter. GSP can actually fight though

:icon_lol:

I forgot how many broken orbitals those High-Crotch Singles cause:

karl_bellator86.jpg

Note the other lacerations and bruising...clear signs of non strikes. Takedowns are just as dangerous as elbows when it comes to cutting a fighter. Those bruises had to come from him falling to his back. No signs of striking here at all.

OMG the takedowns are battering his face :eek:

5+Ben+Askren+vs.+Andrey+Koreshkov.gif

3+Ben+Askren+vs.+Andrey+Koreshkov.gif

No striking here at all...

tumblr_mn0tiwK2Jj1r7jrt1o1_r1_400.gif

Last edited:
As a marketing strategy I see what askren is going for and it's very smart. He is in a weird free agency position and doesn't want an Alvarez repeat. So he has to talk hoping that it ensures the UFC will sign him and bjorn let's him go so there isn't another pr gaffe.

Doesn't look like Dana is buying

What's the word on Ben? All I heard is Bellator released him.

Back