Ben Askren on Dana White - "He doesn't really like me...It's Fine."

If Askren thinks Dana dislikes him, that's a big step above Woodley, who Dana clearly hated and bad-mouths in the media every chance he gers

How the hell can Dana, not like Askren? I mean just look at him:

YjOPofa.jpg

LOL!

Ben Askren revealing that despite his acquisition into the UFC in a high-profile trade deal, president Dana White STILL has not spoken to him personally, and seems to show zero interest in even doing so.

Askren says he tried to actually approach Dana to talk to him, and that White acted like "he was busy and had somewhere to go." haha

The Funky one taking it in good stride though, saying, "Listen, I'm here to fight people in the cage. I don't need to make friends."

Pink Goof, ever the professional in representing and promoting fighters....

I hope Ben goes on a tear, just so that Dana will HAVE to acknowledge him at some point. Funniest of all would be White having to place a UFC belt around Askren. His facial expression alone would be endless lulz. Guy HATES Askren, because Ben isn't afraid to publically call him out on his treatment of fighters.

Time-Stamped:

I made a similar comment here a few weeks ago.

If Askren ends up the 170 or 165 champ (or whatever), Dana will probably have an aneurysm. Askren called Dana on drug testing and Dana has held a grudge ever since (as evidenced by the shit the UFC pulled when he exited Bellator).

I’m rooting so hard for this guy , I’m hoping he goes on a tear

I assume most of you have jobs?

I've never spoken to the big boss or a number of places where I've worked. My boss and their boss I'd talk to but the guy who ran everything just spoke to the 'normal' people in big company meetings while they were giving some mind numbing power point presentation and pushing some idiotic mission statement.

Employees not speaking to the big boss is normal.

Doesnt apply to your shitty office job

If I was Askren, after I win the fight, I'd go on a long post fight speech thanking Dana White for "being the bigger person, despite our past", and "thank him for giving me the motivation I needed and opportunity to prove I was right all along". Maybe even a "couldn't have done it without you"?
I can only hope Askren reads these forums occasionally and sees this.

Some of you will believe anything, won't you? This is his schtick, most likely choreographed with DW.

To be fair, Dana did recently say that Askren was his kinda fighter, since Askren is basically willing and wanting to fight anyone. He may not like aspects of Askren's personality, but he can't knock that Ben will make his and Shelby's jobs easier.

Last edited:
I assume most of you have jobs?

I've never spoken to the big boss or a number of places where I've worked. My boss and their boss I'd talk to but the guy who ran everything just spoke to the 'normal' people in big company meetings while they were giving some mind numbing power point presentation and pushing some idiotic mission statement.

Employees not speaking to the big boss is normal.

Is your boss’s job to promote you to the public, which if done successfully, would make the company and him more money?

How many CEOs do you know of that continuously shit on their own products?

To be fair, Dana did recently say that Askren was his kinda fighter, since Askren is basically willing and wanting to fight anyone. He may not like aspects of Askren's personality, but he can't knock that Ben will make his and Shelby's jobs easier.

Never heard that one! That's at least a tiny step in the right direction. lol

Hopefully Ben can finally back up all his talk and actually get a top ten win. He's been hyped up quite a bit by alot of people, so if he loses his first few fights his stock drops waaayyyyy down.

Being a contracted cage fighter is one of the least normal jobs on Earth, so I don't compare it to your typical job.

And it doesn't appear to be a case of Dana just being busy from the sounds of it. Dude works a ton, but surely has 30 seconds to shake the hand of a new fighter.

He has time to listen to Sijara cuss him out for taking away her title shot. He definitely has time to talk to Ben.

Back