Bellator to start WW GP Sept. 29

This could be awesome, searching for more info right now....

That's cool, I hope they don't spread it out over the coarse of the next 5 years like they are doing with the HW GP.

I know he's on quite the skid, but I'd like to see Koscheck in it for the possibility of him pulling a Mark Coleman.

Only boring fights have been against Nah Shon Burrell and Fernando Rodriguez both who were wrestlers that are brawlers/boxers,there has yet to be a boring standup fight .....he's finished everyone who tried standing with him.

Id truly love if his first opponent was Daley or Larkin both powerful but technical strikers if MVP finishes one of them then hope he gets Lima/Koreshkov to really test his all around game.
It's Gonzalez actually, but I agree with what you are saying.

so 8 person WW Grand Prix ... with MacDonald joining in, post Mousasi fight

I'd imagine some combo of Daley, Larkin, Doug Lima and Koreshkov. Hopefully MVP too. But what about Fitch? He's not fun to watch, but still one of the best at 170.

fuck yes. tournaments make the world a better place.

Only boring fights have been against Nah Shon Burrell and Fernando Rodriguez both who were wrestlers that are brawlers/boxers,there has yet to be a boring standup fight .....he's finished everyone who tried standing with him.

Id truly love if his first opponent was Daley or Larkin both powerful but technical strikers if MVP finishes one of them then hope he gets Lima/Koreshkov to really test his all around game.
Both Burrell and Gonzalez stood with him. Gonzalez more so. But yeah, MMA fighters do whatever they want in the cage.

Nobody's announced for it yet. There's still shit that could happen by then that would ruin this whole tournament.

- Koreshkov could still lose to that journeyman in his next fight
- MVP simply doesn't partake in the tournament. Expecting MVP to take part in the GP is insanely optimistic. Neiman Gracie will probably be in the tourney instead.
- I don't think Rory is an absolute necessity. That means he won't defend his title in any of the GP fights (ala Overeem SF HW GP). Imagine if he loses in the tournament. It would be a fucking tragedy.

The only participants we know FOR SURE are Lima, Fitch, Larkin, and Daley.

Last edited:
Nobody's announced for it yet. There's still shit that could happen by then that would ruin this whole tournament.

- Koreshkov could still lose to that journeyman in his next fight
- MVP simply doesn't partake in the tournament. Expecting MVP to take part in the GP is insanely optimistic. Neiman Gracie will probably be in the tourney instead.
- I don't think Rory is an absolute necessity. That means he won't defend his title in any of the GP fights (ala Overeem SF HW GP). Imagine if he loses in the tournament. It would be a fucking tragedy.

The only participants we know FOR SURE are Lima, Fitch, Larkin, and Daley.

Are Larkin and Fitch confirmed yet?

In b4 MVP ducks the shit out of this tournament to fight more LWs at 170 And people still claim he’d beat Rory, Lima, Koreshkov etc

Bellator’s WW division is pretty impressive:

Rory Macdonald
Douglas Lima
Andrey Koreshkov
Jon Fitch
MVP
Paul Daley
Lorenz Larkin
Brennen Ward
Neiman Gracie
Ed Ruth
Baby Slice
Logan Storley
Yaroslav Amosav
Joey Davis
Dillon Danis

Bellator MMA has announced another tournament, as its welterweight grand prix will kick off on Sept. 29.

Bellator President Scott Coker announced the news during a press conference in New York on Tuesday. Coker confirmed that Michael Page, Paul Daley, and former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov will be participating in the welterweight tournament. No matchups have been confirmed, but the first bout of the grand prix will take place at Bellator’s stacked card on Sept. 29 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif.

Meanwhile, former UFC standout and current Bellator welterweight champion Rory MacDonald is currently slated to take on middleweight kingpin Gegard Mousasi in a 185-pound title bout at the Sept. 29 event, so it is currently unclear if MacDonald will take part in the grand prix at a later date.

Bellator was a strictly tournament-based MMA promotion prior to Scott Coker taking the reins, as former president Bjorn Rebney placed a strong focus on the tournament structure in building contenders.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Be...ept-29-in-San-Jose-138589#vIDWTplS5vrUYIvl.99

Who do you want to be part and who do you think will win

Rory MacDonald coming for them all, he's the best WW on the planet rn. I hope we see Rory vs MVP in the finals.

My guess would be
1. McDonald
2. MVP
3. Daley
4. Lima
5. Koreskhov
5. Henderson
6. Fitch
7. Larkin
8. Ward or Ruth

Replacements: Ruth, Storely, Ward, Koscheck, Honeycutt,

Maybe they even throw Micheal Chandler in there

Either that or Ruth is the first choice as a back up Bellator would like to recreate the Strikeforce tourney with DC. This would be a fast way to build him up, not sure if him winning is the best case scenario for Bellator though.

Back