Bellator sign unbeaten SBG fighter Will Fleury

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Peter Carroll
Screen_Shot_2018_03_28_at_10.19.52.0.png
instagram.com/willfleury
Unbeaten Irishman Will Fleury (4-0-0) has signed a deal with Bellator.

Bellator confirmed the middleweight’s signing to MMA Fighting on Wednesday.

Fleury transitioned to the professional ranks in 2016 after amassing a perfect 7-0 record as an amateur. He made his pro debut against countryman John Redmond— the Irish veteran had contested 15 bouts when they met — taking a first-round submission win despite the disparity in experience.

After a first round TKO of Kyle McClurkin at BAMMA 28, the undefeated Irishman was drafted into EFC’s reality television show, The Fighter. Fleury scored a first-round submission victory in the opening round when he faced Mike DiOrio, but was forced from the competition in the quarterfinals after a controversial stoppage, which was later overturned to a no contest. Both of the bouts he contested during the recording of the show were considered exhibitions.

The SBG middleweight competed at the series finale of The Fighter and took a second-round TKO win over Gordon Roodman.

He made his last outing at Brave 10 in early March and was forced the distance for the first time as a professional against Tarek Suleiman. After three rounds, Fleury claimed a unanimous decision win.

Bellator also confirmed the signing of BAMMA middleweight champion Mike Shipman. MMANytt.com first reported Shipman’s signing on Friday.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/28/17171572/bellator-sign-unbeaten-sbg-fighter-will-fleury

Why they keep signing MWs and not a single LHW? <mma3>

LoL, adding many talented UK/Ireland fighters to their rooster but make it impossible to watch it live in europe.

They probably also will fight only once a year.

To be honest, their middleweight division is worse than their light heavyweight division. At least I’m my opinion. This is a good signing though, he’s a good prospect I was hoping the UFC would sign.

Havent seen much of him? is he really any good or he's being hyped cause he trains with Conor?

LHW is in a drought just about everywhere. Good prospects are hard to come by. Nemkov is a good one that Bellator nabbed but it’s a very thin class right now. Ankalaev is the big one UFC got but he had a setback he is still a great prospect. Yusopov is another one I really like and I guess he went PFL. Other top non UFC or Bellator light heavies are either known quantities or obviously marginal. Besides, Bellator LHW division is on hold since the two top guys in the division are fighting in a HW tournament.

MW division has a bit of new life with Mousasi there and there’s a lot of good prospects to be had.

LHW is in a drought just about everywhere. Good prospects are hard to come by. Nemkov is a good one that Bellator nabbed but it’s a very thin class right now. Ankalaev is the big one UFC got but he had a setback he is still a great prospect. Yusopov is another one I really like and I guess he went PFL. Other top non UFC or Bellator light heavies are either known quantities or obviously marginal. Besides, Bellator LHW division is on hold since the two top guys in the division are fighting in a HW tournament.

MW division has a bit of new life with Mousasi there and there’s a lot of good prospects to be had.
it is also important to keep in mind that jordan young stated that he was moving up from mw to lhw. he isn't well known, but he is a solid talent. has been performing well in bellator. bellator just needs to start promoting these guys!

Havent seen much of him? is he really any good or he's being hyped cause he trains with Conor?
it could be the case that he is getting the gallagher treatment. if it wasn't for them training at conor's camp, would they really have so much attention on them? my answer is no.

Last edited:
Will they protect him like they do Galaher?

Back