Bellator planning 6 event series in Ireland and the UK

FKA

AZ Hotshots/OAK Raiders/That Bellator guy
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...ew-european-fighters-ahead-localised-six/amp/

6 events over the course of 12 months from November 2018-October 2019.

Pretty sure this series is separate from the western euro series which was slated to begin in 2019.So that means they are putting that new money to good use expanding their presence with more shows for those regions that will be televised locally.Also they can find hidden gems talent wise from these shows and expand the roster.

Super excited very cool to see and any thoughts fellow Sherbro's?

Rip Bamma

There goes the huge signing spree of local guys.....uk and Ireland Bellator series.

I hope they show this shows on their official site

Rip Bamma

There goes the huge signing spree of local guys.....uk and Ireland Bellator series.

They will be available to stream on their app and I heard possibly on their website which will get a bit more love with all this expansion and available fundage.

I think BAMMA will be fine they will still get more UK talent and they still will CO promote some events with bellator which has been a hit for them and bellator gets a promotion to feed them consistent talent like the UFC gets.

I

They will be available to stream on their app and I heard possibly on their website which will get a bit more love with all this expansion and available fundage.

I think BAMMA will be fine they will still get more UK talent and they still will CO promote some events with bellator which has been a hit for them and bellator gets a promotion to feed them consistent talent like the UFC gets.

I

If the deals are exclusive I don’t see anything positive for Bamma.

I hope they show the events on their site

Bellator do better MMA in UK and Ireland than UFC

the conor clone that choked out chinzo needs to be on all of these

i remember his name now james gallagher
If Gallagher wins his next fight he gets a title shot.....

Theses upcoming UK and Ireland series are for prospects,regional vets,and a few bellator veterans.

Those are going to be some thin cards even for Bellator

To be honest I don't expect Bellator to do well with their european expansion.
Nearly nobody in europe cares about Bellator,especially outside the UK.
And signing half of the BAMMA rooster won't help, it makes them just BAMMA 2.0.

Rip Bamma

I hope Bellator focus more in UK, and have a show in Canada and Australia.

I would say these will be cards to help bolster DAZN's lineup.

Considering that they don’t broadcast live in the UK or Ireland, what is the fucking point?

Hard to say how it will work out. It may come and go with nothing but a wimper or it might help find some talent and get the Bellator name out there more. Either I guess good for Bellator.

I just hope Bellator isn't spreading themselves to thin. I know Coker always has run his orgs with a skeleton crew more or less. Personally, they still have a ton of work to get done in the US. Taking on odd ball ventures might take time and money away that could've been spent building the home market stronger.

P.S.: I really wonder if all this European expansion is directly related to the DAZN deal since Europe is more or less there bread and butter. Might have even been part of the deal to give more MMA shows to Europe.

Those are going to be some thin cards even for Bellator

These shows will be the equivalent of Strikeforce Challengers series it's specifically designed to find new talent, promote up and coming talent to the bigger cards,and to make a bigger presence felt in these areas with more events.

These cards won't be televised in the US it will be streamed on their App and possibly on DAZN.

Considering that they don’t broadcast live in the UK or Ireland, what is the fucking point?

These cards will not be the same as the others that were tape delayed.....

These events won't even be televised in the US but will be broadcast in the region it's being held.

From the link I posted...
]"It is understood that the events will also be televised locally, with venues likely to include London's Copper Box, in the 2012 Olympic Park, although there are plans to move the events around the UK and Ireland.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Bellator is obsessed with Ireland for some reason

Hard to say how it will work out. It may come and go with nothing but a wimper or it might help find some talent and get the Bellator name out there more. Either I guess good for Bellator.

I just hope Bellator isn't spreading themselves to thin. I know Coker always has run his orgs with a skeleton crew more or less. Personally, they still have a ton of work to get done in the US. Taking on odd ball ventures might take time and money away that could've been spent building the home market stronger.

P.S.: I really wonder if all this European expansion is directly related to the DAZN deal since Europe is more or less there bread and butter. Might have even been part of the deal to give more MMA shows to Europe.

Yeah it may not catch on or it may get people behind the brand and get them some good revenue and fight talent.I think they have a good chance to get a foothold in these areas because they are quite neglected.Ireland is in an upswing in interest simply because of mcnuggets but it's a swing in the dark hopefully it hits for them it's an untapped market.Signing nearly the entirety of SBG Ireland will definitely help fill the shows,and possibly pickup a hidden gem in the process.The UK is ripe for the taking the UFC hasn't taken it over yet and the interest is there.Bellator brings a big show feel and Plus they have the most promotable UK fighters in MVP and Daley so again let's see what happens and hope for the best.

As far as spreading themselves thin they will be adding staff specifically for these overseas events.They already have some people from when they did the previous UK and Ireland shows but will add just a few ppl the staff will be bare bones but the 6 events are spread through 12 months so it's not a huge strain anyway nothing to worry about buddy.The US market is in a Plateau throughout the sport,they don't do ppvs so all they can do is keep putting on good cards people will watch or won't.Right now they have some capital and are using it to try and seek out some profitable markets while scouting talent as well.They are still going to go after good free agents and will keep putting on cards it's up to the fans to watch as bellator expands and true to elevate itself further in status.

The DAZN deal worked perfectly for this but I don't think it's specifically for it since I think only 7 events are exclusive to DAZN which are all the WW GP but you never know they might and should throw the UK,Ireland,and Wester Euro series on there though it totally makes sense but as of now nothing has been mentioned.

Back