Bellator MMA 125: Marshall vs Manhoef 7:00PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

2956552-4804085599-Point.jpg

He was making fun of over the top bellator promos, wasn't he? Unless his point was something else I get it.

He was making fun of over top bellator promos? Unless his point was something else I get it.
Well yes, but moreover, nobody posting in worldwide MMA thinks that Alex is a squash match for Manhoef (I'm just incredibly unimpressed by his striking ability).

I haven't watched a lot of his fights but if he takes Manhoef down then he will probably win.

LMAO

so on point :icon_lol:

The best/worst was when they dubbed what the Russian fighters had to say with this badass fucking Crazy Horse refusing to die on a white man's bed shit, in lieu of what was most likely "he's a good opponent, I'm ready to fight and had a good camp"

Oh yeah, that shit is ridiculous. The funny thing is how unbalanced it makes the promos. You have the English-speaking fighter saying this hackneyed shit like, `I am going out there to finish the fight, no doubt about it; I trained real hard and I`m going to show it in this fight against XYZov.` Then we see the Russian and it`s all dramatic. Wide shots of endless snow. `I come from Russia. From the frozen heart of a hard land where a man`s worth is measured not by love of family or compassion for his fellow man, but by how many summers he can keep from succumbing to the primeval forces of brutality that encroach around him incessantly. We have no time for happiness, for smiles, nay, nor for love...my opponent will not be able to match my fearlessness, my....blahblahblah.`

I love it.

One of the reasons i can't stand Joe Silva.

Melvin was BEGGING the UFC to take him a while ago. Pleading with them to take him and they told him to go win some first.

Like they can't use this on their shows (even though they'd give him a wrestler).

this x1000

Well yes, but moreover, nobody posting in worldwide MMA thinks that Alex is a squash match for Manhoef (I'm just incredibly unimpressed by his striking ability).

I haven't watched a lot of his fights but if he takes Manhoef down then he will probably win.
Yeah, i guess I got a little too excited to start an argument over some stupid shit. It's a boring friday.
Shlemenko's striking is similar to a lot of sambo based fighters. Him, fedor, khabib all look like they're about to get ktfo, but it never really happens. Manhoev doesn't really manage to get ko's over people that aren't favourable match ups for him, despite being p4p hardest hitter.

Oh yeah, that shit is ridiculous. The funny thing is how unbalanced it makes the promos. You have the English-speaking fighter saying this hackneyed shit like, `I am going out there to finish the fight, no doubt about it; I trained real hard and I`m going to show it in this fight against XYZov.` Then we see the Russian and it`s all dramatic. Wide shots of endless snow. `I come from Russia. From the frozen heart of a hard land where a man`s worth is measured not by love of family or compassion for his fellow man, but by how many summers he can keep from succumbing to the primeval forces of brutality that encroach around him incessantly. We have no time for happiness, for smiles, nay, nor for love...my opponent will not be able to match my fearlessness, my....blahblahblah.`
Jesus dude you have that shit down to a tee.

Russians = Snow and a Alexander Storm mention
Brazilians = Favelas and a Pitbull reference

good night of finishes. The 4 main card fights went a total of 10:31.

You`ll change your mind once you see the slick promo Bellator will come up with. They will remind you how Shlemenko looks 45 yet is only 30 because he grew up in an izba in the middle of Siberia, where he lived off of sea buckthorns and the occasional bear steak (which he hunted with a crude knife he fashioned from some obsidian he found near a nuclear testing site, of course). He is hard, he is emotionless, he is unbeatable and will destroy Melvin Manhoef.

Cue heavily-accented English: `I will defeat you, Myelvin Mangoff.`

This might be the best post on Suredawg I've seen in a long fucking time. Pricess.

Looks like Nate James beat Anthony Ruiz by a Split Dec. after the main event...

Marshall's one of my faves, because he's balls out. Last night he had the short end of the straw, but part of not fighting in a point karate or L'n'P style is that you take greater risks.

I was sad for Marshall, but I think most of us expected Manhoef to do a number on him. Dude's got scary power, and explosive speed.

Back