Bellator Finally has in an opportunity to expand their brand and then...

Dsingleton7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They put the grand prix on DAZN. This is first time I was legitimately excited for a bellator tournament and they hide it behind a paywall?

Spike TV/Paramount Network is a much worse paywall than DAZN. With DAZN, you can pay $10/month and cancel your subscription whenever you want. No BS long term cable packages like you need to get Spike/Paramount.

They have to adapt somehow seeing that the ppv model didn’t work to their expectations.

Spike TV/Paramount Network is a much worse paywall than DAZN. With DAZN, you can pay $10/month and cancel your subscription whenever you want. No BS long term cable packages like you need to get Spike/Paramount.
I guarantee more people have basic cable then "DAZN". Imho Bellator needs to expand its market share before it starts trying to squeeze a dollar out of a penny.

Cable tv is an infinitely better deal than the clusterf*ck of streaming services cord cutters have to subscribe to in order to get access to a fraction of the content they would from cable.

A positive I can see coming from DAZN is that it could really cut down runtime. Maybe no more filler between fights.

I would rather pay 10/month than sit through all the bullshit Bellator would run in between fights again.

Them putting on some fight between nobodies from the prelims right before the main event was the fucking worst.

Maybe this was their plan all along.... Lets finally have Daley and MVP fight, but lets put it on another bullshit subscription streaming service, so most people won't even know its going on.... that way if MVP loses, they can just pretend it never happened.

On my cable network Shaw in Canada to get paramount I have to pay 5 bucks to add the channel and it doesn’t come in HD
So I most likely will get DAZN for 10 bucks and get some boxing with it too

I’m pretty sure it’s legal to share a streaming account and by share that’s a loose term.

It's amazing to me how many supposedly hardcore MMA fans criticize anything and everything Bellator does, despite them being the only organization standing the way of UFC's monopoly in North America, and them signing as much great talent as possible.

This is a purely business decision. Bellator gets mediocre ratings on Paramount Network. Worst, they get mediocre ratings regardless of whether they're putting on a big card with top 10 fighters or an afterthought event with no one notable.

It makes no difference for a hardcore fan like myself where their Grand Prix fights are; I'm going to be watching them, anyways.

But they're getting way more money from DAZN than what Paramount would give them, so I support this. Recall that Bellator's revenue is only FIVE PERCENT of the UFC's, yet compete with them for signing fighters. How do you expect them to do that while bleeding money?

While the tournament will all seemingly be streamed on DAZN, I believe that only the Mousasi/MacDonald card is exclusively on DAZN. I think it's pretty likely that some of the other first round fights will be on cards that are also on Paramount Network.

And while I think 9.99 is too much for the service, I'd pay 9.99 for that specific card (although I'll just use the free trial they mentioned)

Cable tv is an infinitely better deal than the clusterf*ck of streaming services cord cutters have to subscribe to in order to get access to a fraction of the content they would from cable.

OMG you must've been hiding under a rock since the first cell phone.
motorola-first-cell-phone-dayintechhistory.jpg

Welcome to the modern day of free apk's and apps that stream these fights in smooth running HD.
hqdefault.jpg

OMG you must've been hiding under a rock since the first cell phone.
motorola-first-cell-phone-dayintechhistory.jpg

Welcome to the modern day of free apk's and apps that stream these fights in smooth running HD.
hqdefault.jpg
Maybe on a T1 line or fibre optic...for the majority of users the quality is garbage on the “free” streams.

It’s nothing like a paid service like Netflix provides... that takes a major head end and these streamers simply don’t have the same resources.

Honestly, if you actually care about seeing a fight live, streaming doesn’t measure up. Will DAZN be able to pump out the quality rabid sports fans demand? Dunno, but from some of the reviews I’ve read the quality isn’t therein North America. Maybe that will change.

people who want to watch, will find a way to watch.

legal or otherwise.

They put the grand prix on DAZN. This is first time I was legitimately excited for a bellator tournament and they hide it behind a paywall?
The paywall is the only thing keeping them from operating in the red yet again.

Bellator lost money in 2017
Coker overspent & tried PPV & lost millions

DAZN is giving them more money per year ($33m) then they grossed in 2017

It was the smartest decision they ever made

Back