Bellator contract allows Heather Hardy crossover in boxing/mma

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“I’m pretty much flexible to do whatever makes sense,” she told MMAjunkie in advance of her Spike-televised fight at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. “If it’s a better deal with Bellator, then we do MMA. If boxing has a big opportunity for me, (I do boxing).

“The organizations want to see me do well, and they’re not interested in standing in the way of one another.”

Hardy still holds a contract with boxing promoter Lou DiBella. She estimates she spends 12 hours a day in the squared circle, coaching fighters at gym and training clients at the famed Gleason’s Gym in her hometown of Brooklyn, N.Y. But at the moment, she sees more opportunity in MMA.

“The way I see it is, the industry is not really willing to pay women moving forward,” she said. “If they can’t offer me a decent enough fight with a good opponent – I’m 20-0 and a two-time champion – I’m not interested in fights that don’t make sense.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/heather-hardy-allowed-crossover-boxing-mma-with-bellator

Last edited by a moderator:
She'll stay in mma cuz its easier for a woman to make money.

You going to source the article at least or just copy/pasta with nothing to add?

I think Ana Julaton got the same or a similar deal.

I am not nearly as high as Heather as a MMA fighter as a lot of people seem to be.

hmmmm its a sad day when fighting mma pays you more than other pro sports ( I mean with current salaries in mma).

I am not nearly as high as Heather as a MMA fighter as a lot of people seem to be.

She made her MMA debut against a fighter with 9 fights and IIRC she defended all the TD attempts. She has the tools and commitment to be pretty good.

Back