Bellator Champion Daniel Straus Interview

KeithinCoventry

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, here is an interview with Daniel Straus. Seemed like a very cool guy. I was wondering is anybody excited about him vs Pitbull again? I mean 4 fights is a lot but on the plus side, they are both top 10 fighters and all 3 of their fights were entertaining. Has any two fighters ever fought 4 times against each other? I am sure it has happened with regional fighters like Travis Fulton, but I can't think of any in a major organization. What is a bigger factor Pitbull recovering from injury or Straus ring rust?

I know it's a 4th bout and that kind of leaves a bad taste, but their fights are always exciting. Pitbull is also one of my favorites, so I'm up for this fight.

Straus' striking has come a long way. It's going to be another good fight that'll have me on my edge on my seat.

I'm not a big fan of part 4's, the only one I can think of that I want to see off the top of my head i's Shamrock v Gracie 4 (3 had the weird ending).

It is a little weird I don't think Weichel needed another win to be #1 contender and unfortunately unless several fighters rises up the ranks or they get a couple free agent we might see #5 the bottleneck at 145 is rough Curran, Strauss and pitbull just passing the tittle back and forth

Pitbull/Straus are very evenly matched, either one can win on any given night. Thought Straus would win last time and he did.

Going into this fight I think it might be Pitbull because STraus has been off for so long. If he's same Straus as last time then he probably wins but with the time off he might not be on his game.

Pitbull/Straus are very evenly matched, either one can win on any given night. Thought Straus would win last time and he did.

Going into this fight I think it might be Pitbull because STraus has been off for so long. If he's same Straus as last time then he probably wins but with the time off he might not be on his game.
Depends on how pitbull comes out. what I found interesting about their last meeting is that straus (who was know for his wrestling) outstruck pitbull. And pitbull (who is know for his power) got the better of the clinches.

Fighting at distance might spell trouble for pitbull. I'd want him to clinch up and look to land off the breaks. It works for him the times he did it in their 3rd fight.

This card is meh overall. Aside from the McKee/mazzotta fight and the main event, it doesn't have anything.

I'll take two good fights on a free card any day. Championship fight between two top guys who are evenly matched and put on great fights, and a match up between two up and coming prospects in the same division. There won't be anything more interesting on TV, IMO.

Back