Bellator announces 10-man welterweight tourney field

Why is Rory in a tournament for a division that he's already the champion of?

Why? This fight makes no sense in the first round. Why eliminate one of the best so soon?

Probably some attempt to set the bracket up in a way to get MVP to the finals? No clue.

Can't wait to see Ruth and MVP vs top competition though.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...eld-including-rory-macdonald-mvp-douglas-lima

"Ten of the promotion’s best at 170 pounds will be featured in the bracket, including current champion Rory MacDonald; former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov; undefeated welterweights Michael Page, Neiman Gracie, Ed Ruth, and Yaroslav Amosov; and former UFC standouts Lorenz Larkin and Jon Fitch."

First fight will be Lima vs Koreshov at Bellator 205. The 10th participant has yet to be named.

Will be interesting to see how far MVP gets. Also sorry if this is old news i just saw it
Are all these fighters competing in 1 night?

I didn't realise MVP was 31. About time he stepped up to face legit opposition.

No. There will be 1 Quarterfinal fight in Sept, Oct, Jan, and Feb. Semifinals in Early spring and final in late spring/ early summer.
What happened to traditional tournament? Quarter final round, then semi final round on the upcoming month/s and then followed by final round on coming months.

I hope they sign somebody for this tourney don’t really care too see Daley unless he fights MVP first round

I hope they sign somebody for this tourney don’t really care too see Daley unless he fights MVP first round
Bring Askren out as the 10th man and reveal him in a double mask.

mccully-unmasked.gif

Last edited:
I'm assuming winner gets the belt, like the Strikeforce HW GP.
I just wish they'd do a tournament where the winner fights the champ, kinda like they used to. Oh well...I'll still watch

Probably some attempt to set the bracket up in a way to get MVP to the finals? No clue.

Can't wait to see Ruth and MVP vs top competition though.
Daley re-signed with Bellator today. The plan is for him to face MVP in the first round

Sign up for DAZN because your not going to see the tournament with out. The whole tournament is exclusive to DAZN.

Daley is the 10th guy....

Let’s see who are the 4 guys that need to fight each other to enter the 8 man gp...

Daley is the 10th guy....

Let’s see who are the 4 guys that need to fight each other to enter the 8 man gp...
It's an easy bet on Gracie Ruth Larkin and Amosov.
The others are Rory and Fitch.
The interesting part is which 2 qualifyers are fighting for the rory shot.

How about finishing the fucking HW Tourney before bringing on new tourneys? Am I the only one thinking this?

Probably.
You can't have these guys sit around doing nothing for 6+ months.
If you don't do the tourney now, then they'll just start fighting each other in 'regular' matches anyway.
Gotta make it happen while everyone's got fights on their contract and the WW roster is loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back