Platinum Member
Reaction score
2532.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/bellator-281-2532

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-281-MVP-vs-Storley-91826

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/86088-bellator-london-amosov-vs-mvp

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_281

https://www.bellator.com/event/291

If the Kielholtz that fought Velasquez shows up, she should handle Watanabe pretty easily. Blitzed and finished with standing strikes in under a minute against Liz Carmouche is a rough look, plus Kielholtz has a judo background to go with her striking.

Anyone else like the idea of taking MVP & Storley by decision as a hedge? I really can't see Storley getting the finish, he has no submissions and I doubt MVP gets caught again like he did vs Lima. MVP's ground game isn't great but he is very good at stalling / neutralizing his opponent from advancing position, he has freaky grip strength and was able to stop Lima from getting anything done in that first round. I think if Storley wins most of the fight will be spent with him controlling position over MVP but not getting too much done damage wise.

Seems like one of those spots that Storley is Bellator good, but not UFC good, and everyone is expecting him to out-grapple MVP.

Storley should win, but I'll wait for more people to keep betting on Storley so I can get an even better price on the hometown fighter in MVP.

Anyone else like the idea of taking MVP & Storley by decision as a hedge? I really can't see Storley getting the finish, he has no submissions and I doubt MVP gets caught again like he did vs Lima. MVP's ground game isn't great but he is very good at stalling / neutralizing his opponent from advancing position, he has freaky grip strength and was able to stop Lima from getting anything done in that first round. I think if Storley wins most of the fight will be spent with him controlling position over MVP but not getting too much done damage wise.
I could see Storley getting a late finish, but yeah, decision is probably the likeliest outcome.

What's the thought on Machida as the underdog? Saw him at +121 and I can't help but want to touch that. He's had competitive fights in Bellator with guys better than Fabian, and I don't see Edwards not giving up a tactical fight to Lyoto.

I wanna talk myself in to bet on MVP but what is his path to victory? You just know that Storley is gonna go for the takedown right away. Feel like it might be replay of Bader & Kongo fight.

I wanna talk myself in to bet on MVP but what is his path to victory? You just know that Storley is gonna go for the takedown right away. Feel like it might be replay of Bader & Kongo fight.
not exactly, mvp is more experience than storley, much better on the feet, and is a athlete , has held up defensively against grapplers . i think these odds should be near even not 200+ for a 20-1 fighter. The fact that its 5 rounds favors mvp as Storley is a gassy fighter. i like mvp decision here, i think he may be grounded in the first two rounds but takes the last three as Storley fades later.

Taking a stab at Leminger as a decent sized dog. He's not great but he's a half decent wrestler and Enkamp's TDD is dogshit.

Got Machida at +125.

Even if he's way old the man is always savvy and Edwards isn't anything crazy.

This is a card I know very little about but it seems like main card dogs are often live. Made two very small bets on DraftKings last night, for entertainment purposes only.

MVP ML +220
Machida ML +145

(edit: MVP now at +225, Machida still at +145)

Came to post same thing, I'm in same boat as @magpie878

Lyoto is tough sell at 43 years old and in opponent's territory. On paper I think Lyoto's previous opponents are better grapplers than Fabian. Lyoto kept those fights close, but has to be experiencing some sort of age-related decline at 43.

I don't get Page's odds and I think we've got some value. Storley won 90% his fight against Neimann but was rocked at one point. Page is so much more dynamic. Having a hard time seeing Storley safely close the distance for 25 minutes, if he couldn't against Gracie. Still worth noting that Gracie had the submissions to discourage takedowns and if Page's back touches the mat, seems like he'll most likely lose.

Sprinkled on co-main and main events, hard to be confident in either side. Will be entertaining either way!

Came to post same thing, I'm in same boat as @magpie878

Lyoto is tough sell at 43 years old and in opponent's territory. On paper I think Lyoto's previous opponents are better grapplers than Fabian. Lyoto kept those fights close, but has to be experiencing some sort of age-related decline at 43.

I don't get Page's odds and I think we've got some value. Storley won 90% his fight against Neimann but was rocked at one point. Page is so much more dynamic. Having a hard time seeing Storley safely close the distance for 25 minutes, if he couldn't against Gracie. Still worth noting that Gracie had the submissions to discourage takedowns and if Page's back touches the mat, seems like he'll most likely lose.

Sprinkled on co-main and main events, hard to be confident in either side. Will be entertaining either way!

I wouldn't play Logan at the price he's at but MVP couldn't stay out of the clinch against Ross Houston.

Bellator: Michael Page +211 $15 for $31.65
Bellator: Robert Whiteford +132 $15 for $19.80
Bellator: Penco/Green U2.5 +150 $10 for $15
LFA: Brasil/Castanho U2.5 -105 $10.50 for $10

Trainer 2,005 to win 644
MVP 222 to win 500

Small one for me

Anyone playing Storley at these prices is insane. Page is patient and conservative with his energy. He just needs to connect once.

This is one of the strangest lines that I've seen in a while. I don't think I've seen anyone excited to play Storley. Hometown and potentially quick separations are also on Page's side. 5 rounds favors him as well.

Back