Bellator 207: Mitrione vs Bader 10/12, 7 PM ET Prelims/9 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

A tournament as only Scott Coker can deliver, a long drawn out Tournament with no competitive fights. Scott Coker could have given the fans Fedor Emelianenko vs Sergei in this tournament. Scott Coker could have given us Matt Mitrione vs Cheick Kongo in the tournament and spared us the nonsense of hearing Matt Mitrione self proclaiming his greatness. Because Cheick Kongo would have beat him down and eliminated him in the 1st round of this tournament. Scott Coker could have given the fans a Ryan Bader vs Justin Wren matchup in the 1st round of this tournament and had two wrestlers that would have cancelled each other's wrestling out and given us a competitive matchup. Scott Coker could have given us Bobby Lashley in this tournament as he publicly asked to be in the tournament and then as a alternate after he found out Scott Coker left him out of the Tournament. Scott Coker could have done that, but he keeps proving that he is the same guy that has continued to match up MVP against "CANS" for four years. Scott Coker has given the fans a long drawn out Bellator Heavyweight Tournament filled with uncompetitive fights.

Alex Potts reminded me how we miss the HW GOAT

20140829083111_IMG_0161.JPG

Man Bader rode Matt straight through. Never was much of a fan of his but was a nice victory.

A tournament as only Scott Coker can deliver, a long drawn out Tournament with no competitive fights. Scott Coker could have given the fans Fedor Emelianenko vs Sergei in this tournament. Scott Coker could have given us Matt Mitrione vs Cheick Kongo in the tournament and spared us the nonsense of hearing Matt Mitrione self proclaiming his greatness. Because Cheick Kongo would have beat him down and eliminated him in the 1st round of this tournament. Scott Coker could have given the fans a Ryan Bader vs Justin Wren matchup in the 1st round of this tournament and had two wrestlers that would have cancelled each other's wrestling out and given us a competitive matchup. Scott Coker could have given us Bobby Lashley in this tournament as he publicly asked to be in the tournament and then as a alternate after he found out Scott Coker left him out of the Tournament. Scott Coker could have done that, but he keeps proving that he is the same guy that has continued to match up MVP against "CANS" for four years. Scott Coker has given the fans a long drawn out Bellator Heavyweight Tournament filled with uncompetitive fights.
^
^
UFC paid troll detected

Sorry I’m late to the party here, but I drank last night so I slept like a hooker finally easing out of a coke binge.

It’s been a while since I have seen Bader fight. When did he bulk up so much? He looked like a genuine heavyweight. I was surprised at the amount of muscle he added since I last saw him.

As for Meathead, I hated to see him so dominated. He always puts on an entertaining fight...and entertainment is why I watch this sport in the first place. Hope he comes back soon.

There. Now I can go brush my teeth and shower.

Last edited:
Sorry I’m late to the party here, but I drank last night so I slept like a hooker finally easing out of a coke binge.

It’s been a while since I have seen Bader fight. When did he bulk up so much? He looked like a genuine heavyweight. I was surprised at the amount of muscle he added since I last saw him.

As for Meathead, I hated to see him so dominated. He always puts on an entertaining fight...and entertainment is why I watch this sport in the first place. Hope he comes back soon.

There. Now I can go brush my teeth and shower.
Bader has been building up lately, and isnt having to cut during this tournament. Says to me that he, and lhw's his size, are pretty much natural hws. Good size for hw too. Speed, stamina, and still plenty of strength.

Bader has been building up lately, and isnt having to cut during this tournament. Says to me that he, and lhw's his size, are pretty much natural hws. Good size for hw too. Speed, stamina, and still plenty of strength.
I keep saying LHW shouldnt exist.
Guys like bader are all over 220 and ripped. Sonnen, former MW, is 227 and much more defined than Fedor at 236lbs.
If Bader and those shredded 220ers put on 20lbs of pure fat, they will be overeem size(current).

I’ve enjoyed it

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that

Talking about how great Roy is as he swings and misses while getting countered

Ya that jab of Sergei's was hitting him hard and they just ignored it while Roy flailed.

for some reason he never seemed like he that large in PRIDE, might just be that Roy has that LHW frame and Sergie somehow inflated every part of his body at the same time

He's about 20 lbs bigger than when he was in Pride I believe. I think in Pride he was weighing in the low-to-mid 240's. He's gradually got stockier as he got older.

Thought that was early at first but Johnson didn't seem to mind edit wrong tread

Back