Bellator 196 Averages 420k Viewers

Not bad considering the headliner shift and lack of name power,overall it had some good action I enjoyed it.

Predicted 420ish in the predicition thread. So disappointing but exactly what I was figuring.

This is the new normal for Bellator.

Complete throw away card.

About right, especially considering the tape delay. A real test for Bellator will be the Fedor/Mir card.

Pretty surprising considering I couldn’t even find a freakin stream during the actual airing. Nobody even bothered to have one up. It doesn’t come on until
9pm pacific time for me so the tape delay was tape delayed. They need to fix that, Strikeforce had the same problem for west coast viewers. I avoided spoilers cause I had a small amount of money riding on the main event and it makes it more interesting. I expected far worse.

That’s what happens when you promote pensioners and roger fucking huerta. Casuals don’t even know what bellator is, it sounds like a type of burrito. Kimbo, hoyce et al don’t appeal to newer hardcore fans. Coker has lost it.

Bjorn was pulling 800k every week with no names.

Damn. Maybe that's why they didnt go after cub swanson. The novelty of showcasing the ex ufc fighter looks to be gone.

What the hell happened to Bellator? If these numbers arent a code red alert I dont know what is.

First off, get the fuck off tape delay on west coast and get off fridays. I dont know why this is so hard to understand. They go to a weeknight or saturday and these numbers go way up.

Damn. Maybe that's why they didnt go after cub swanson. The novelty of showcasing the ex ufc fighter looks to be gone.

What the hell happened to Bellator? If these numbers arent a code red alert I dont know what is.

It's Coker, plain and simple.

Look at his past history objectively. The guy has no game plan for the future ever. He is all about the event in front of him with very little effort put into long term match making or hierarchy of the divisions. All to often it feels like many cards are just put together for the sake of that event and that is it. I swear he spends more time trying to make the event feel special(ie: grand entrances) than he does on match making.

He simply can't manage a roster to save his ass. That might be harsh but I've yet to see much of any long term plan with any org he has headed up.

P.S.: If you ever listen to any of the MMA radio/podcast out there once in awhile they'll talk about how a Strikeforce or Bellator event is kind of like a car crash waiting to happen in a busy intersection in India behind the scenes compared to a UFC run event(outside of last week). They say its very chaotic and very poor communication between everyone from the weigh ins to the end of the event. It sounds like a lot of it is because they have very few people and each person is wearing too many hats. It just isn't run like an org that is serious about competing/trying to on the UFC level. I've heard some MMA journalist say most B level shows have been more organized behind the scenes. Though they all say they treat media much better than the UFC.

Not bad considering the headliner shift and lack of name power,overall it had some good action I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the show but to be honest bendo va Huerta are bigger names than Gallagher who was the original headliner. The tape delay shit hurts paramount and Bellator ratings

I enjoyed the show but to be honest bendo va Huerta are bigger names than Gallagher who was the original headliner. The tape delay shit hurts paramount and Bellator ratings

Oh I'm not saying I think the original headliner would have done better numbers ...

Just overall the card lacked name power bendo isn't a huge draw either.I agree the tape delay doesn't help but obviously they have their reasons if they keep doing it.

Fedor vs MIR will be interesting to see what viewership gets.

Oh I'm not saying I think the original headliner would have done better numbers ...

Just overall the card lacked name power bendo isn't a huge draw either.I agree the tape delay doesn't help but obviously they have their reasons if they keep doing it.

Fedor vs MIR will be interesting to see what viewership gets.
I agree!!! Looking forward to the 28th

I miss the "Up and Comer vs. Former UFC fighter" thing they used to have going for them.

I used to try to catch Bellator all the time, now I just am starting to get bored with them.

Bellator 197 is going to be Live on Paramount . Hope they can manage to do same with Bellator 200

Back