Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko Friday Oct 20 - 7p.m.ET

Bash? C'mon... He landed one big punch which had a ridiculous, random, uncommon effect which explains the rest of the fight.

I bet you must say that to every fighter who gets KO'ed with one punch, "oh it was because of that one big punch, if the fight would have continued it would have been a hell of a lot different."

Did you thought Schlemenko was throwing flowers at mousasi that werent going to hurt him or bombs to destroy him?

I dunno why this is in the UFC forum, but yeh, moose panic wrestled for dear life like a little bitch and got his ass kicked.

Mousasi clearly won round 1.
(Shlemenko landed like one punch the entire round.)

Shlemenko clearly won round two (Mousasi got a late takedown for a few seconds that he did absolutely nothing with.)

Shlemenko clearly won round three
(Mousasi got lit up.)

==========

Clear 29-28 for Shlemenko in my book. Anyone not seeing this doesnt know MMA.

(And I fucking love Mousasi. One of my favorite people in MMA.)

You guys crying that it was a robbery are haters, obviously the 2 round could have gone either way.

Shlemenko clearly won round two (Mousasi got a late takedown for a few seconds that he did absolutely nothing with.)

(Mousasi got lit up.)

==========

Rewatch it then. Mousasi started controlling Shlemenko at 2:10 minutes left in round 2 and Shlemenko couldn't do shit for two minutes. In the complete last minute he had his back, lol at few seconds.

You guys crying that it was a robbery are haters, obviously the 2 round could have gone either way.

Not hating, not a Moose hater at all. Overall Mousasi got his butt kicked. I'd give round two to Shlemenko. I suppose Bellator sees more marketing power with Mousasi, or more likely the judges were bought by a sleazeball. Still people could see how the fight went .. Shlemenko should have been given round two.

You are right on principle though, round two could be reasoned for Mousasi, but it was probably a Shlemenko round in what was definitely a Shlemenko fight.

Not hating, not a Moose hater at all. Overall Mousasi got his butt kicked. I'd give round two to Shlemenko. I suppose Bellator sees more marketing power with Mousasi, or more likely the judges were bought by a sleazeball. Still people could see how the fight went .. Shlemenko should have been given round two.

You are right on principle though, round two could be reasoned for Mousasi, but it was probably a Shlemenko round in what was definitely a Shlemenko fight.
I had it a draw, and it kills me to say it but the fact that Moose had one eye for pretty much the whole fight , was landing a jab and getting mount after takedowns... Makes him getting the nod that much less of a bad decision

The decision could have gone either way imo so have no problems with it but the issue to me is you KNEW Gerard was gonna get his hand raised in addition to this all three judges scoring it in his favour when round 2 could've gone either way is what a little sour taste in my mouth

(Mousasi got lit up.)

==========

Lmao. Proof you have no analyst skills as an mma fan. Just another casual imo

Schlemenko won the fight, but the scoring system doesn't always represent that. Just when you concede two rounds because your opponent takes you down but stays in your guard and doesn't do much with them, then you whoop him in the third but you loose on the scorecards eventhough you might have done way more damage etc.

Don't think Bellator has anything to do with that, i think Benson Henderson has lost split decisions in close fights in bellator eventhough they wanted him to succeed.

I had Shlemenko winning two and three. I guess two just wasn't decisive enough not to be a toss up round. I still thought Shlemenko should have gotten the win though. Still not what I'd call a robbery. The second round was too close for that.

holy shit!!!
Just saw the fight!!!

FOTY contender imo, and I scored it 29-28 Shlemenko. First round was not a 10-8 for Mousasi.

European MMA at it's finest. I can't believe people say Europeans got shitty wrestling and BJJ, this was a prime example of that.

(Mousasi got lit up.)

==========

Agreed, and I fucking love Mousasi aswell.

Shlemenko put on the performance of his life and to not recognize that as a true fight fan is almost impossible, I think.

Second round was close but I give it to Shlemenko.
Shlemenko 29-28

Realized Gegard + Shlemenko had a combined 118 fights together.

Back