Bellator 177: Dantas vs. Higo (? Prelims - 9pm Main Card) Fri. April 14 Discussion - Tape Delay?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Friday 04.14.2017 at 04:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV
Promotion: Bellator MMA
Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
Venue: Budapest Sports Arena
Enclosure: Cage
TV Announcers: Sean Grande, Jimmy Smith
Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
Number of MMA Bouts: 6

Bellator_177_Dantas_vs._Higo_Poster.jpg

Main Card: (Spike TV-9pm ET)

135lbs- Eduardo Dantas (19-4) vs. Leandro Higo (17-2)
{Bantamweight Title Fight}

145lbs- John Teixeira (21-1-2) vs. Daniel Weichel (38-9)

125lbs- Lena Ovchynnikova (11-4) vs. Helen Harper (4-1)

145lbs- Adam Borics (9-0) vs. Anthony Taylor (1-2)

Fight Odds.

Not up yet

Weigh In Results
Official Bellator 177: Dantas vs. Higo Main Card Weights:

Catchweight Main Event: Eduardo Dantas (134.6 lbs.) vs. Leandro Higo (139 lbs.)
Featherweight Feature Bout: Daniel Weichel (145 lbs.) vs. John Teixeira (145.6 lbs.)
Women’s Flyweight Feature Bout: Lena Ovchynnikova (124.6 lbs.) vs. Helen Harper (126.2 lbs.)
Catchweight Feature Bout: Adam Borics (144.4 lbs.) vs. Anthony Taylor (147.4 lbs.)

Official Bellator Kickboxing 6 Main Card Weights:

Welterweight World Title Bout: Zoltan Laszak (166.1 lbs.) vs. Karim Ghajji (168.7 lbs.)
Middleweight Feature Bout: Joe Schilling (187.8 lbs.) vs. Alexandru Negrea (186.5 lbs.)
Welterweight Feature Bout: Raymond Daniels (170.2 lbs.) vs. Csaba Gyorfi (167.6 lbs.)
Women’s Featherweight Feature Bout: Jorina Baars (142.7 lbs.) vs. Irene Martens (140.5 lbs.)
Featherweight Feature Fight: Gabriel Varga (145.4 lbs.) vs. Gabor Gorbics (145 lbs.)

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS

CANCELLED135 lbsEduardo Dantas vs. Darrion Caldwell Caldwell Injury
CANCELLED145 lbsBrian Moore vs. Ľudovít Klein
CANCELLED155 lbsMate Kertesz vs. Adam Polgar​

Last edited:
Good main and co main event.

Bellator.com says that the show will be broadcast at 9PM ET, so then I'd say that everyone will get a tape delay.

Higo missed weight. Had a history of having hard cuts. Guessing it is a non title fight than.

Sucks. Still a decent fight. Overall card is all right. Probably not enough for me to watch a tape delay though.

Higo missed weight. Had a history of having hard cuts. Guessing it is a non title fight than.

Sucks. Still a decent fight. Overall card is all right. Probably not enough for me to watch a tape delay though.

wow
It should be a 3 round fight then, I wonder what are they going to do about that

Probably not enough for me to watch a tape delay though.

Just curious as to why the tape delay would prevent you from watching?

Is that just if you read the results ahead of time on accident? The nice thing about Bellators not being the top org is that is is super easy to avoid spoilers. If for some reason I actually stumble across them though during that 8 (?) hour time delay though it obviously kills my desire to watch.

Is that just if you read the results ahead of time on accident? The nice thing about Bellators not being the top org is that is is super easy to avoid spoilers. If for some reason I actually stumble across them though during that 8 (?) hour time delay though it obviously kills my desire to watch.

Tough to avoid spoilers when you got clowns around here posting MVP's flying knee in the heavies and then the head kick last weekend was tough to avoid (erased the event from my dvr afterwards as i didn't really care about that card all that much to begin with).

Official Bellator 177: Dantas vs. Higo Main Card Weights:

Catchweight Main Event: Eduardo Dantas (134.6 lbs.) vs. Leandro Higo (139 lbs.)
Featherweight Feature Bout: Daniel Weichel (145 lbs.) vs. John Teixeira (145.6 lbs.)
Women’s Flyweight Feature Bout: Lena Ovchynnikova (124.6 lbs.) vs. Helen Harper (126.2 lbs.)
Catchweight Feature Bout: Adam Borics (144.4 lbs.) vs. Anthony Taylor (147.4 lbs.)

Official Bellator Kickboxing 6 Main Card Weights:

Welterweight World Title Bout: Zoltan Laszak (166.1 lbs.) vs. Karim Ghajji (168.7 lbs.)
Middleweight Feature Bout: Joe Schilling (187.8 lbs.) vs. Alexandru Negrea (186.5 lbs.)
Welterweight Feature Bout: Raymond Daniels (170.2 lbs.) vs. Csaba Gyorfi (167.6 lbs.)
Women’s Featherweight Feature Bout: Jorina Baars (142.7 lbs.) vs. Irene Martens (140.5 lbs.)
Featherweight Feature Fight: Gabriel Varga (145.4 lbs.) vs. Gabor Gorbics (145 lbs.)

For me the card isn't interesting enough to avoid Sherdog, Twitter and all that to watch it later on. If it were a better card I cared about. I have no problem with it. But I just can find out the results. See if any fight ended up being funner than I expected. And check them out later.

Certain cards on tape delay if they are good enough, I would avoid if I had to.

This card just isn't it.

I believe the main event has been changed to 3 rounds now.

I believe the main event has been changed to 3 rounds now.
Yep, an already underwhelming card takes yet another hit. Bellator, cmon. A four fight fight card is risky, I wonder what they would have done if the fight were cancelled because he was too heavy and his opponent refused him. The two prelims I saw on junkie were probably not TV-worthy.

Michal Horejsi (5-2) vs Brian Moore (9-5)
Mate Kertesz (3-0) vs Patrick Szombat (1-2)

Last time Dantas was champ and had a non title fight he was KOd..

Sucks about Higo. Did take fight on short notice but its not a good look missing weight in a title fight.

If anyone saw that article on Bleacher report about him living with two other dudes and making like no money there was no way he was turning this opportunity down.

Last time Dantas was champ and had a non title fight he was KOd..
That fight never happened in Bellator man, happened in Shooto than he came back to Bellator and Ko'd Galvao, defending his belt

Also what are peoples thoughts on that Bellator belt looks wise? yes or no? it's sure nicer than any belt I have..Which is none....but I never really cared for it

Remember when they used to call them "Super Fights"? Like M'Pumbu vs Wiuff?
Another forum touched on that Wiuff - M'pumba fight few days back.. I'll say it again WIUFF UNCROWNED BELLATOR LHW KING AND YAMMA PIT BOSS lol. Bellator back than had a strange talent pool

So is this tape delay or not? Haven't seen any spoilers or anything yet so I'm guessing it might be live?

Back