Before KSW London: Khalidov vacates title. MW tournament announced. Du Plessis-Soldic 2 for WW title

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

HwQkBhM.png

think he'll beat narkan this time

I think popek gonna be fighting mcsweeney. No confirmation, but feels like it

Hoped for a more intriguing name than wojcik as the fourth participant of this tournament. He never fought at MW and looked like dogshit in his last fight against a HW, who took this fight on 1 day notice and had a 4:3 record.

Du Plessis vs Soldic also a bit surprising. If I am not mistaken Du Plessis said that he will defend his 2 EFC belts (or at least one) and that he wants to defend his KSW belt in Poland. And on social media he wrote to Soldic that he won't give him an immediate rematch.
Now he is defending his belt against Soldic in London, after refusing to defend his EFC-MW belt against Lesar.

The fight in general also doesn't really make sense to me, the first fight wasn't particularly close with a 2. round KO. So Imo there is no need for an immediate rematch.
But with Zawada going to the UFC and Mankowski coming of an injury and a loss to Soldic, KSW don't seem to have much choice, I guess. But normally they would just have signed someone new.

And regarding Popeks opponent, Lewandowski said that they wanted to give him some kind of british half athlete/half celebrity but he got injured or something like this.
Probably still looking for some local star, but I can't imagine that they will match him up with McSweeney. Firstly, this would be a horrible missmatch and popek is their cash-cow. Secondly, I am not even sure if they will give McSweeney a fight again at all, after this SafeMMA incident.

McSweeney vs Popek? McS by murder. Only James Thompson or Julius Bjornsson

Du Plessis vs Soldic also a bit surprising. If I am not mistaken Du Plessis said that he will defend his 2 EFC belts (or at least one) and that he wants to defend his KSW belt in Poland. And on social media he wrote to Soldic that he won't give him an immediate rematch.
Now he is defending his belt against Soldic in London, after refusing to defend his EFC-MW belt against Lesar.

Soldic had a really bad weight cut last time for their 1st match. He fainted before the fight and was on infusion with his heart & entire body failing, but the KSW owners asked him to fight anyway to save the show and TV ratings.

That's why Soldic is getting immediate rematch.

Hopefully, Soldic will be 100% ready and healthy this time.

Yeah, I heard this story but I am not really believing it, always easy saying things like this afterwards.
And imo it's a lame excuse,too. It's the fighter's duty to make weight, Du Plessis is a quite big MW and made weight for WW.

But with KSW you never know, very possible that something like this happened.

Last edited:
Hoped for a more intriguing name than wojcik as the fourth participant of this tournament. He never fought at MW and looked like dogshit in his last fight against a HW, who took this fight on 1 day notice and had a 4:3 record.

The fight in general also doesn't really make sense to me, the first fight wasn't particularly close with a 2. round KO. So Imo there is no need for an immediate rematch.
But with Zawada going to the UFC and Mankowski coming of an injury and a loss to Soldic, KSW don't seem to have much choice, I guess. But normally they would just have signed someone new.

And regarding Popeks opponent, Lewandowski said that they wanted to give him some kind of british half athlete/half celebrity but he got injured or something like this.
Probably still looking for some local star, but I can't imagine that they will match him up with McSweeney. Firstly, this would be a horrible missmatch and popek is their cash-cow. Secondly, I am not even sure if they will give McSweeney a fight again at all, after this SafeMMA incident.

Nah they will. They just wont use Safemma anymore. They already contacted him from what he posted

Back