AmericanGangstar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isnt' that.... funny?

Now I lift like a beast.

Same with running.
Fuckin' hated running.
Then started traning UFC, and I was winning local races, just on my spare time.

The motivation it would seem - was not to lift or run for the sake of doing them - but actually working out, for a specific purpose.

Once I reached a level of technical proficiency in UFC, I realized, I NEEDED to become stronger, to really be able to compete at a high level, so now - lifting is the primary focus of my training.

But was thinking about it the other day and, if my life revolved around lifting weights, without being able to apply that to UFC, it would be pretty damn dull - and I suspect I would lose interest fast.

giphy.gif

Trent Dassouza explains this phenomenon in his abstract painting called The Champ. Its pretty clear he was trying to grapple with the idea of applying the benefits of lifting heavy to training UFC. In the end his conclusion is represented by triangular figures that seem to float above the hexagonal sphere, which is clearly the ring. He suggests that heavy, frequent lifting will improve your Chi, your Aap, and your Ett which are the three points of energy represented by the triangles. You really have to see it though. He loves the number 3.

All this thread needs now is a pic of a dog wearing a hat.

just-a-bunch-of-photos-of-dogs-wearing-tiny-hats-2-23830-1469639136-3_dblbig.jpg

Back