Social Baton Rouge Will Split into Two Cities Following Court Ruling

It’s a neighborhood Leslie Odom describes as “a piece of heaven.” She’s lived in Lost Creek in southwest Austin for 13 years.

She and her neighbors are in one of six Austin territories that will get to vote this May on whether they want to stay in the City of Austin or disannex after the city wrangled them into city limits less than a decade ago.

If the City of Austin delivered on the services that they promised us, then guess what? They have nothing to worry about on this vote. But if they did not deliver, Lost Creek is going to show up and tell them that we were not happy, and we think it wasn’t fair and we’re going to take back the neighborhood that’s ours,” Odom said. She was one of the people behind the state-level push to make the vote happen.

It’s a neighborhood Leslie Odom describes as “a piece of heaven.” She’s lived in Lost Creek in southwest Austin for 13 years.

She and her neighbors are in one of six Austin territories that will get to vote this May on whether they want to stay in the City of Austin or disannex after the city wrangled them into city limits less than a decade ago.

If the City of Austin delivered on the services that they promised us, then guess what? They have nothing to worry about on this vote. But if they did not deliver, Lost Creek is going to show up and tell them that we were not happy, and we think it wasn’t fair and we’re going to take back the neighborhood that’s ours,” Odom said. She was one of the people behind the state-level push to make the vote happen.
Looks like Austin annexed them recently. Didn’t realize this was happening.

The top 10% generally have seen a significant increase in their wealth over the last 30-40 years.
Literally no connection to my point, as already stated.
If you just randomly want to post "rich people bad" quotes, fine, you do you.

Literally no connection to my point, as already stated.
If you just randomly want to post "rich people bad" quotes, fine, you do you.
I would consider those professions very likely to be in the top 10% of earners who's wealth has clearly increased significantly.

so what? does working a well paid job automatically puts you in the "i must be fleeced by incompetent leadership" category? get real.
Again such people have become very significantly wealthier in recent decades whilst those lower down have not, that makes it very hard to claim they've been "fleeced by the poor".

Generally the degree of tax they pay has been in decline for decades whilst the tax the less well off pay(including sales tax) has been on the rise.

Again such people have become very significantly wealthier in recent decades whilst those lower down have not, that makes it very hard to claim they've been "fleeced by the poor".

Generally the degree of tax they pay has been in decline for decades whilst the tax the less well off pay(including sales tax) has been on the rise.
Well their desire not to be fleeced must be significant since they chose to literally break off and form their own city. I'd say that it's reasonable to think they believed they were being fleeced.

Well their desire not to be fleeced must be significant since they chose to literally break off and form their own city. I'd say that it's reasonable to think they believed they were being fleeced.
...or perhaps they just wanted even more for themselves at the expense of others?

Obvious horseshit. Your expectation is for the wealthy to forever be fleeced by the poor. that's some disgusting parasite mentality. there's nothing wrong with people that want to be together away from other people. and there's zero arguments you can bring against that except - bbbbut then the poor won't have access to the funds coming from the wealthy. as i said - parasitism.

That's your ONLY argument, which isn't an argument at all, it's just a desperate hail mary to make people feel bad. well guess what - looks like the gravy train stopped, nobody cares about manipulative words anymore.

Oh you think they're racist for leaving? well if they're so racist, why would you want them close anyway? "poor white people oooh" - why would anyone want to live next to someone like this, that treats them with contempt while expecting their money?

And i bet there will be many more examples such at this, rightfully. Your kind is a joke, and it's a dying type, thankfully.

Paying taxes is being fleeced?

And the poor are getting all the benefits?

You have a warped fantasy life.

The poor pay a much higher percentage of their income in tax except in areas with no sales or service tax. Most places have more affluent regions that carry more of the weight, this one decided to shut the door on the less fortunate.

America is not and has never been a meritocracy. The ultra rich manipulate the "middle class" to suppress the lower class. That's what's happening here. The more desperately poor people you have to fill shit jobs for low pay, the higher the profit margins for the top.

Why do you think they banned abortion without any support networks for young parents?

Paying taxes is being fleeced?

And the poor are getting all the benefits?

You have a warped fantasy life.

The poor pay a much higher percentage of their income in tax except in areas with no sales or service tax. Most places have more affluent regions that carry more of the weight, this one decided to shut the door on the less fortunate.

America is not and has never been a meritocracy. The ultra rich manipulate the "middle class" to suppress the lower class. That's what's happening here. The more desperately poor people you have to fill shit jobs for low pay, the higher the profit margins for the top.

Why do you think they banned abortion without any support networks for young parents?
I'm not reading all that. I already know your irrelevant screeching.

In essence then, its almost impossible to make everything equal restricting private funding of some schools will not solve the issues related to the least funded.
No, but it can be managed. You can't stop parents from donating to their local school and I don't think you should. But the public funding component should be done more equitably. Public funding shouldn't be different based on zip codes.

You truly are an imbecile. You are at a loss for words which is why you result to displaying vulgarity.

df51045988873d93f1b835ca42774f67.jpg

I just got back from Austin.I can see how these deep blue cities become overwhelming

I'm in Municipal Construction, mainly water treatment plants...

No one likes working for City of Austin projects.... Even the City of Houston is a flipping nightmare and they're light years better than Austin.

These cities are run by morons. Who have zero concept how to manage budgets and prioritize projects that NEED to be done instead of their pet virtue signaling garbage programs.

The cities just outside these the big blue cities are in much better shape... Everything

Schools
Roads
Utilities
City Budgets

By almost every metric

By my frame of reference here in Houston. Katy, Pearland, Missouri City, Spring, Cypress, The Woodlands, League City...

All are in much better shape than the City of Houston. And when you drive inside the loop it's immediately apparent if you spend most of your time in the above cities.

And downtown Commercial Property is in crisis... The city stayed shutdown much longer than the rest of the metro area during Covid... give you one guess why.

Many companies situated downtown either went remote or relocated to the surrounding areas.

Here's why Houston leads the U.S. in empty office spaces​

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-texas-office-space-17902023.php

Back