Social Baton Rouge Will Split into Two Cities Following Court Ruling

You are thinking of billionaires a lot of people in St George and Buckhead are middle class. The political slogan "no taxation without representation" perfectly explains what is happening to the people of Buckhead and St George.

No, it doesn't. Buckhead has plenty of respresentation, including Mary Norwood, throughout that period.

- So it's similar to here. I live in the safest state in Brazil. We have other states that are very dangerous, some states are in the middle.

The biggest diference i see on USA its the racial division, and the fact that criminal there attack their own comunities. Here a criminal will get killed by other criminals for doing that.
In bad places in the US being a successful criminal is an honor and places you high in the social hierarchy

Awwwww, poor white people, America has been so mean to them.
I find comments like this to so stupid. As if people don't have a right to have grievances. I wouldn't be surprised if the people of St George were met with the same type of vitriol and now it looks like they're getting the last laugh.

I find comments like this to so stupid. As if people don't have a right to have grievances. I wouldn't be surprised if the people of St George were met with the same type of vitriol and now it looks like they're getting the last laugh.
I’m sure he lives in a minority neighborhood and isn’t just projecting.

Losing an election and still having to pay taxes is NOT taxation without representation. It is our great Democracy in action. These St. Georege folks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps...

Losing an election and still having to pay taxes is NOT taxation without representation. It is our great Democracy in action. These St. Georege folks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps...
Democracy is not a prison. You guys like to say - well if you don't like it you can leave.
Well, they're leaving.

That's not how it's pronounced, that's how Americans pronounce it. It's a French name Americans don't know how to pronounce.

I met a guy from New York with the same last name as me and when he introduced himself I smiled and told him that's not how his name is pronounced. He got mad and told me it was because he was American. I told him his name was Italian and where he lived didn't matter.

Not going to lie, we do the same shit in Montréal. Almost all our streets have French names but a lot of them have Anglophone pronunciations, like Guy street. No Anglophone pronounces it the French way, right @koquerelle ?

It's not strictly French no more the American English is British English nor more the modern British English is old English.

It's Cajun and they pronounce their form of mixed French different.

"The word Cajun popped up in the 19th century to describe the Acadian people of Louisiana. The Acadians were descendants of the French Canadians who were settling in southern Louisiana and the Lafayette region of the state. They spoke a form of the French language and today, the Cajun language is still prevalent."

Baton Rouge is a shit city already. Gee, I wonder what part will have all the violence and murder?

Fuck Baton Rouge. That shithole rioted when alton sterling, an armed pedophile, was killed by police as he was struggling to pull the gun from his pocket. Then, three police officers were murdered in response. Again, fuck that shithole
.I..

Good for them they tried to work with the city. The city told them to shut up and we will take your money and do anything we want, fuck you.
And that's really what this is. They always scoffed when anybody said there's a point where people will just leave when you treat them like open bags of loot that will never leave.

I like how the tantrum has turned into all the media stories calling it a "rich white enclave" like it's east Hampton. It's bigger than the city I live in, has the same racial makeup of the broader US, and the median household income is like $10k lower than the national median income. It's a straight up middle class town, but the rest of baton rouge is such a shithole that they have to pretend middle class people are all Jeff Bezos.

So basically just one big gated community with a bunch of HOAs or something?
No it's almost half of Baton Rouge with over 80k people with most of them being middle class.

Last edited:

Well we are not a democracy. If majority rule was enforced then the civil rights movement would have had no legal grounds.

We are a constitutional republic.

The story about you meeting someone with the same last name and correcting them on how it’s pronounced
You come off as a pretentious twat

Yeah, it was a joke, I immediately followed it up saying we do the same thing here in Montreal. I even gave an example of a French street name we pronounce as Anglophones.

Back