Bankers make biggest bonuses since 2006

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/bankers-average-bonus-jumps-to-highest-since-2006/ar-BBKIBpX

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-street-bankers-get-biggest-raise-in-four-years-1522089178?mod=e2fb

Wall Street’s average bonus jumped 17 percent in 2017 to $184,220, the highest since 2006, according to estimates by New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli.

Another factor driving bonuses may be Wall Street learning to squeeze more from a smaller number of workers through the use of technology. Employment in the securities industry in New York was 176,900 last year, down slightly from 2016.

The $26,560 bump in bonus pay in 2017 for New York bankers and traders also towers over the tax-overhaul bonuses paid to some Main Street bank workers. Several retail-focused banks paid bonuses to their workforces after the Republican tax plan last year, such as Cincinnati’s Fifth Third Bancorp, which paid one-time $1,000 bonuses, and said it would raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour.

People making this much money for spending and then collecting my money does frustrate me....

I did share the few good things in that a couple of banks are raising the minimum wage (for their tellers I assume) to $15 an hour which is good that they're doing it on their own and not a governmental mandate. But, as a holder of student loans this does bite as I just had to enter how much I've paid to interest only on my loans in this past year and it drove me to drink while I filled out the rest of my taxes

No, I don't have any deep thought contributions to add here. More just pissing and moaning honestly and sure to get a few posters on this board riled up. (@VivaRevolution )

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/bankers-average-bonus-jumps-to-highest-since-2006/ar-BBKIBpX

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-street-bankers-get-biggest-raise-in-four-years-1522089178?mod=e2fb

Wall Street’s average bonus jumped 17 percent in 2017 to $184,220, the highest since 2006, according to estimates by New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli.

Another factor driving bonuses may be Wall Street learning to squeeze more from a smaller number of workers through the use of technology. Employment in the securities industry in New York was 176,900 last year, down slightly from 2016.

The $26,560 bump in bonus pay in 2017 for New York bankers and traders also towers over the tax-overhaul bonuses paid to some Main Street bank workers. Several retail-focused banks paid bonuses to their workforces after the Republican tax plan last year, such as Cincinnati’s Fifth Third Bancorp, which paid one-time $1,000 bonuses, and said it would raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour.

People making this much money for spending and then collecting my money does frustrate me....

I did share the few good thins in that a couple of banks are raising the minmum wage (for their tellers I assume) to $15 an hour which is good that they're doing it on their own and not a governmental mandate. But, as a holder of student loans this does bite as I just had to enter how much I've paid to interest only on my loans in this past year and it drove me to drink while I filled out the rest of my taxes

No, I don't have any deep thought contributions to add here. More just pissing and moaning honestly and sure to get a few posters on this board riled up. (@VivaRevolution )

They ought to pay a higher tax rate than what they are getting charged. Their getting more benefit from our government's inner workings, and execution of their policy and regulations.

I did share the few good things in that a couple of banks are raising the minimum wage (for their tellers I assume) to $15 an hour which is good that they're doing it on their own and not a governmental mandate. But, as a holder of student loans this does bite as I just had to enter how much I've paid to interest only on my loans in this past year and it drove me to drink while I filled out the rest of my taxes

giphy.gif

Well, you still got employee of the month, right? Plaques > bundles of cash.

I'm going to buy some stocks in hookers if this is the case

i’m glad the banks put those 0% fed loans to good use

Hopefully you majored in banking.

I am mad at them for having money. I want that money.

The bank bailout rewarded them for failing .
Banks need to give more back

Bankers are the real backbone of America. Who would lend farmers the money to grow their crops if it weren't for bankers? Usury is as American as baseball and apple pie.

And a real patriot understands the difference between the decency that is making interest payments to banks and the scandal that is paying taxes to the government.

The bank bailout rewarded them for failing .
Banks need to give more back

you mean they need to have taxes lowered again. then they can invest more and thats kinda like giving back. Supply side giving back.

So that means i can go to any NYC or Chicago sky scraper and wait for all these benevolent, rich bankers to just throw hundred dollar bills out the windows down to us peasants.

Right?

G4vQ9nF.jpg

They ought to pay a higher tax rate than what they are getting charged. Their getting more benefit from our government's inner workings, and execution of their policy and regulations.
Job sector tax brackets. Haven't heard that one before. Could see positives and negatives but it sounds interesting.

Job sector tax brackets. Haven't heard that one before. Could see positives and negatives but it sounds interesting.

Yeah, I haven't heard a name put to it, but the idea that you could take the %GDP a company makes up, and divide it by the number of employees it has to create a ratio to determine tax rates isn't a new idea, throw in wether their wages kept pace with inflation as another factor, and you could potentially fix income inequality.

This is why I hate neo-liberals. They like to talk big on tax policy, but they never offer actual tax policy like this, with specifics, that would garner majority support. They like to talk about vague tax reform, where we tax the "rich".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back