Bandwagons you've jumped off.

GSP?

Not feeling the comeback. I'm a fan too.

Hopped on the Wonderboy hype train when he murked Hendricks and hopped off after his last fight

Only bandwagons I was ever on were CroCop, Fedor, Shogun and Rampage.
Still on em, win or lose.

Anyone who says Platinum will be shot in the face.

A friendly warning.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JK I still love Michael

Soko obviously stands out, Lil Nog I thought might be a bit flukey at the time but he looked amazing vs Arona, hopping takedown defence and Walter style Nihilists bowling ball punch.

I became a Jones fan after he beat Machida. Then jumped off when he feuded with Rashad.
Was a Rampage fan, then got tired of the bullying he did on TUF (titties!!!) and dry humping people and never ending whining and feuding with Rashad.

Was a Frankie fan, until the string of decisions when he beat Sherk.

I have a little of both.

Sometimes I stop rooting for fighters, even after they've proven their legitimate top tier fighters, like Conor.

Other times I keep rooting for fighters even when I realize they're never going to be the fighter I thought they were, like Ellenberger.

Then there are fighters like Ben Saunders, who I never think will be champion, but I root for them regardless.

I can't think of anybody who I hopped off the bandwagon because they didn't become as great as I'd hoped.

Bandwagons I've left:
JDS (he's an awesome guy I had a lot of hard time to accept that he's a crappy figher when pressured)
Pettis (an awesome fighter, but lost too much to say it was just a bad wind)
GSP (when he became the Decisionator)

Bandwagons I still cling into:
Renan Barao

Bandwagons I'm trying to join:
DC

Bandwagons I'm on right now:
Demian Maia
Lando Vanatta
Edson Barboza
That girl who murdered Ronda the second time around, again I forgot her name...

Jon Jones. But that's only because he turned out to be a massive douche. I like to separate talent from attitude, but he was a bit over the top for me.

Brandon Thatch. He looked like a machine of absolute destruction at the beginning of his UFC run, I had no doubt in my mind that he would be a serious contender in the future. Then he got submitted by Ben Henderson. No shame in that, it was a good fight and Benson is a great fighter. Then another submission to Gunnar Nelson, again no shame, Gunnar is one of the best there is at submissions. So I was still on the bandwagon.

But in subsequent fights he just showed a complete lack of ground game, and obviously had made no effort to improve it. Plus he was probably never going to be in an exciting fight again like the old days because everyone has him figured out. So I hopped off the wagon. Such a shame. I genuinely believe that if he had evolved his game while he had the chance, the sky could been the limit for him.

Jumping off wagons and trains sounds dangerous

Back