Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

A 13 song that you saw live, that have lived in you mind/blew you away.

1. Moonchild - Iron Maiden - Castle Donington 1988.
2. Melody Lane - Uncle Acid - Little Tennessee Theater 2014
3. Tyrone - Erykah Badu - Falkonerhallen, Copenhagen 2008
4. Flexing Muscles - Entombed - Camden Underworld 2002
5. Testify - Rage Against the Machine - Coachella 2007
6. Detroit Rock City - KISS - Cheyenne Frontier Days 2010
7. Black - Pearl Jam - Jones Beach 2000
8. 2+2=5 - Radiohead - Amsterdam Westerpark 2008
9. Three Days - Jane's Addiction Lollapalooza 1991
10. Raw Power - The Stooges - Sonisphere 2010

Was right down at the front of the crowd, which admittedly wasn't as huge for them as it had been for other bands that day, but there was a pocket front and centre of a few hundred all crammed together. 45 minute or so set and, I don't think anyone in said pocket stopped dancing, moshing or smiling once.

The rest of the band were out first, sans Iggy. James Williamson starts up the riff, drums and bass fall in, then out comes Iggy, running on from off-stage and, away we go. Wonderful times.

First of all, the entire concert was memorable. Erykah came on the rather small stage that was backlit so we could only see her silhouette as she stepped in in ultra slowmotion from the wings. She had an afro that was like 5 times the size of the one in Jackonfire's avatar, so it looked like a tiny prehistoric muskoxen came on stage. Then she and her band blew the roof off of the concert hall with a great, tight funky sequence. By the end of the concert she had everyone in the palm of her hand and the entire audience - a predominately pasty white middleclass Danish lot hahaha - chanting "Fuck you Tyrone! Get on off my phone! Get on off my couch! Get on out of my house!"
Good times.

Good topic @Jimmy McGill

Man, that sounds awesome!

Was right down at the front of the crowd, which admittedly wasn't as huge for them as it had been for other bands that day, but there was a pocket front and centre of a few hundred all crammed together. 45 minute or so set and, I don't think anyone in said pocket stopped dancing, moshing or smiling once.

The rest of the band were out first, sans Iggy. James Williamson starts up the riff, drums and bass fall in, then out comes Iggy, running on from off-stage and, away we go. Wonderful times.

Man, that sounds awesome!
It was, lol.

The pasty white middleclass Danish crowd chanting Fuck you Tyrone (despite having probably never even met a Tyrone) was so cringe it was god level hysterical. Erykah was cool for all of us though, so it was alright.

Your concert sounds great, too. Iggy Pop seems to me like he could be from another planet, if you know what i mean, like he supercharges in a pod.

It was, lol.

The pasty white middleclass Danish crowd chanting Fuck you Tyrone (despite having probably never even met a Tyrone) was so cringe it was god level hysterical. Erykah was cool for all of us though, so it was alright.

Your concert sounds great, too. Iggy Pop seems to me like he could be from another planet, if you know what i mean, like he supercharges in a pod.

Seeing weird crowd juxtaposition like that is always fun. At the same event I saw Iggy at, they had a Beatles tribute band who played Hey Jude (of course) and, I enjoyed the sight of row upon row of massive, spiked-helmet wearing bikers linking arms and swaying while singing along to the chorus.

And yes, Iggy is an odd one, no man that old and leathery should move that fast or that much!

11. Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse - The Intersection Grand Rapids MI April 19th 2009

2bk48Ye.jpg

I had seen Jane's a few times before this show, but spending the entire day with my friends watching awesome bands and having the night finished off by what was my favorite band at the time Jane's Addiction ... easily one of my favorite concert experiences ever.
I had great tickets for this tour and got injured playing basketball the day before. Had to give up my ticket and then they broke up right after this tour. Top 3 concert related regrets of mine. Had no interest in seeing them when they got reunited.

11. Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse - The Intersection Grand Rapids MI April 19th 2009
12. Don't Step On The Grass, Sam - Gov't Mule - Freedom Hall, Johnson City TN 1999

12. Don't Step On The Grass, Sam - Gov't Mule - Freedom Hall, Johnson City TN 1999
13. Go With The Flow - Queens of The Stoneage - Finsbury park 2018 (Last Saturday)

Last edited:

13. Go With The Flow - Queens of The Stoneage - Finsbury park 2018 (Last Saturday)

Sorry Chaps, didn't realise

13 Bands that you don't/didn't like but impressed you when you saw them live.

1. The Libertines - British Summer Time 2014

2. Beck - Summer '98

- My niece asked me to take her to see Beck. I wasn't a fan at the time, but and uncle has responsibilities. I took her, my nephew and their cousin. As we're buying tickets the night of the show I tell them to get the best seats available. They wanted to be in the pit, so I said sure.
Elliot Smith was the opening act.
Bens Fold Five was the second opening act.
Then Beck.

One of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. Top to bottom. Been a huge Beck fan ever since. I've seen him twice since.

2. Beck - Summer '98
3. Blind Melon - Summer 199?

They opened for Soundgarden. I had only heard No Rain and wasn't that impressed. But they put on a great live show and by the time they covered Dear Mr. Fantasy, I was a fan.

2. Beck - Summer '98
4. Metallica - 1989

HUViTui.jpg

Faith No More opened and was awesome. First time seeing them. Metallica, who I've never been a fan of and still don't like, also put on a good show.

I saw Blind Melon on October 6th 1995 opening for Page/Plant and Shannon was a mess. Slurring and mumbling his words during the songs. No Rain, the only song I really knew from them was really bad. Some people around me started to boo them. I think it got so bad that the band ended up cutting their set short. They might have played 7 or 8 songs before just walking off stage. One of the worst live shows I ever saw and it didn't really shock me when they found Shannon dead on his bus a few weeks later.

2. Beck - Summer '98
4. Metallica - 1989

HUViTui.jpg

Faith No More opened and was awesome. First time seeing them. Metallica, who I've never been a fan of and still don't like, also put on a good show.
I like that you save your tickets. Went to school with a kid who would glue his tickets to magnets and then glaze them. Had them on his fridge.
My twist on the idea was to put a pic of who you saw the show with on the back. Never did it myself, but I recommend it to all young music lovers.
I don't know a single person who has done it, but fuck if that isn't one of the greatest ideas you'll ever hear.

2. Beck - Summer '98
4. Metallica - 1989
5. Jamiroquai - Some time in the early 90s.

Didn't/Don't like the singer's voice, stupid hat and their brand of almost-funk irks the hell out of me. But i happened to see them live in a free open-air concert, the weather was great, was with friends lounging about in the park and i could enjoy their music for what it was: just some good vibes set to almost-good music. Probably helped a lot that it was a free concert, tbh.

I like that you save your tickets. Went to school with a kid who would glue his tickets to magnets and then glaze them. Had them on his fridge.
My twist on the idea was to put a pic of who you saw the show with on the back. Never did it myself, but I recommend it to all young music lovers.
I don't know a single person who has done it, but fuck if that isn't one of the greatest ideas you'll ever hear.
I would add to also glaze the actual person you saw the show with.

I like that you save your tickets.

I used to put them in the back of the CD cases from the bands I saw. If I didn't have the CD's from of the band, I'd put those in a photo album. I had over 100 easy, but my garage was broken into a few years ago and for some fucked reason the person decided to steal my photo album full of nothing but ticket stubs. That made me as angry as my mountain bike, tools and a box full of old Playstation/XBox games that was taken, because those things can all be replaced, but the tickets are gone forever now.

I used to put them in the back of the CD cases from the bands I saw. If I didn't have the CD's from of the band, I'd put those in a photo album. I had over 100 easy, but my garage was broken into a few years ago and for some fucked reason the person decided to steal my photo album full of nothing but ticket stubs. That made me as angry as my mountain bike, tools and a box full of old Playstation/XBox games that was taken, because those things can all be replaced, but the tickets are gone forever now.
damn thats a motherf***er. Sorry to hear.

Back