Bad management from Maia and his team recently

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
It was a bad idea to let 40 year old Maia fight Masvidal, Woodley, and covington back to back to back all within a 6 month timespan, AND Then let him fight Usman on a few weeks notice. Very, very bad management if you ask me.

As a huge maia fan, I hope he retires, but if he doesn't retire, then he better get some rest and a proper fucking camp for his last fight.

Were they supposed to say no to a title fight?

Nope, but he shouldn't have taken the Masvidal match a month before the title fight. He was the only logical contender at the time before that fight—the Masvidal fight was a farce that was pushed on him by the ufc in hopes that MAsvidal would take maia out of the title equation. He could have refused that fight and he still would have been the only logical contender. He also shouldn't have faced Usman on short notice. I admire him for it, but I just think his team could have made smarter career choices lately.

This might be the farewell tour anyway

How about the fact that he hasn't evolved in the slightest over ten yrs? No it's his managements fault. <45>

Nope, but he shouldn't have taken the Masvidal match a month before the title fight. He was the only logical contender at the time before that fight—the Masvidal fight was a farce that was pushed on him by the ufc in hopes that MAsvidal would take maia out of the title equation. He could have refused that fight and he still would have been the only logical contender. He also shouldn't have faced Usman on short notice. I admire him for it, but I just think his team could have made smarter career choices lately.
Woodley pushed for the fight if I remember correctly.

How about the fact that he hasn't evolved in the slightest over ten yrs? No it's his managements fault. <45>

You're a genius to come to that conclusion, which also has nothing to do what I was saying. Way to build a straw hat and attack it, bro. I'm proud of you. I hope you can win the debate with yourself.

His style has gotten him to 2 title fights in 2 different divisions.

The only fighter to legitimately finish him was a juiced up Marquardt.

He fought, and beat his way through the whole top 10 at WW.

Why change? Make a couple of adjustments, sure. But he earned 2 title shots in 2 different divisions doing what he does.

You're a genius to come to that conclusion, which also has nothing to do what I was saying. Way to builda straw hat and attack it, bro. I'm proud of you. I hope you can win the debate with yourself.

You realize he has to actually sign the contracts don't you? What are you saying exactly?

Why change? Make a couple of adjustments, sure. But he earned 2 title shots in 2 different divisions doing what he does.

He did evolve his takedowns quite a bit and his striking went from non existent to surprisingly competent. Some people have selective memories and will only remember gassed maia looking like shit and forget the other 90% of his career.

yeah maybe. time go give a complete can for his next fight

You realize he has to actually sign the contracts don't you? What are you saying exactly?

What are you reading exactly? Maia's management, which he is a part of, is making bad decisions. I'm blaming all of them that are involved. I'm not arguing about his skill set with you; I'm arguing that those involved with accepting the fights under those circumstances made shitty decisions.

Last edited:

lol two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

I admit he's got some good wins but relies way too much on one skill its like caveman days when he fights. He would have done much better if he fought back when Bob Meyrowits still ran the company.

His team got maia big $ for his fighting. plus he doiesnt get KO'ed left righht and center. maia is a unique guy, makes good money and not get really hurt

lol two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

I admit he's got some good wins but relies way too much on one skill its like caveman days when he fights. He would have done much better if he fought back when bob Meyrowits still ran the company.
Well, if you thought Anderson vs Maia was boring, I don't know what to tell you.

Well, if you thought Anderson vs Maia was boring, I don't know what to tell you.

And if he thought it was maia's fault for that fight being boring......then something is wrong here.

Well... the good news is that he’s fought 3 of the best wrestlers/TD defenders in the division.

The bad news... he’s 40 and looks every bit of it and then some. His striking not just offense but defense against have both gotten worse (hard to imagine but it has) he takes way too much damage and his recovery has gone to shit.

I think he can still beat the mid tier guys but why? He’ll never be champ and his legacy is already set. He’s had a good run. You gotta call it quits at some point.

His post fight face each of the last 3 fights have been pretty sad. Woodley fucked him up bad understandably but when Covington and Usman piece you up and fuck up your face that’s should be a sign.

I hope they paid him good to take the usman fight, since nobody else was willing to fight the leg humper.

Back