Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the negative reviews are a basic variation of this:
View attachment 372837
To them, I say this
<Bottle.gif>

Same ppl who probably havent watched all 18 movies prior to this one.

And same ppl who praise and gave positive reviews for lady bird while sipping on hot chocolate latte with dim lights, having a blanket on them with a laptop on their laps ready to go full sjw online

My favorite review was Thanos's is potentially on par with heath ledgers joker.

Dam son

I know I tend to shit on superhero films, especially Marvel ones, but I have to admit I’m really looking forward to this

Word is much like Avengers Age of Ultron too many different stories going on but fans will see past it and still say it's amazing. The thing I thought was interesting exposed during the press junket was that there was only one or two actors who saw the complete script one was Benedict Cumberbatch. They even said it was required for him to see the entire script because of his part in the film. It sure sounds like he will tie all the different people together so he needs to have acting parts in many more scenes. The other I do not know but he was the only one that was there other then Spiderman actor and Loki. One reviewer said even though there was Avengers in the film and is called Avengers it's more Thanos story ark. It also sounds like Loki up to his old tricks again. Could be interesting but I have a feeling a few people will be disappointed.

I guess comic book fans that want the movie to be similar will be disappointed, as well as the people who were never invested in the MCU films in the first place.

You're sentence about Loki is very spoiler'sh considering many assume he will die in the beginning.

Word is much like Avengers Age of Ultron too many different stories going on but fans will see past it and still say it's amazing. The thing I thought was interesting exposed during the press junket was that there was only one or two actors who saw the complete script one was Benedict Cumberbatch. They even said it was required for him to see the entire script because of his part in the film. It sure sounds like he will tie all the different people together so he needs to have acting parts in many more scenes. The other I do not know but he was the only one that was there other then Spiderman actor and Loki. One reviewer said even though there was Avengers in the film and is called Avengers it's more Thanos story ark. It also sounds like Loki up to his old tricks again. Could be interesting but I have a feeling a few people will be disappointed.

I want this to be a thanos arc.

Having too many stories in ultron is not what was wrong with it. From the naysayers this time is that theres to much action and not enough screen time for certain characters.

Nothing ive heard sounds like a real problem.

on the other hand ive heard people praise it to the point that their legs are shaking and they couldnt stand up.

Last edited:
My favorite review was Thanos's is potentially on par with heath ledgers joker.

Dam son

I hate those only because thats a hard bar to raise up to and they were saying this about kilmonger in black panther

the 12 (so far) rotten reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_infinity_war/reviews/?sort=rotten

Cliffs:

- Too much action
- Too many characters
- Too much pulse racing

I remember watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2 in the theater and felt the same. It simply never slowed down. I found it annoying. Find a pace people. I haven't watched another POTC since.

Now, the reviewers I tend to agree with (Mr. Sunday Movies for example) called it Very Good.

If it's Top 3 to Top 5 in the MCU, I'll be happy.

Remember, Infinity War was supposed to come out next week, but was pushed back to this week. I wonder if Infinity War "Unnamed Sequel" will come out later in 2018 (say November).

I am watching the credits as I type this in the theatre.

Oh fucking shit.

Will elaborate later.

First of, really good movie. I was not as wowed as I was during the first Avengers movie but that could be because I willingly spoiled myself to every speculative theory going in. There were multiple times when I was squirming in my seat going "oh fuck, oh fuck" in a good way. That almost never happens.

The bad: Marvel movies especially recently have had a lot of forced humor, this is no exception. Cringy dialogue at times as well #ThanksMillenials. Some pacing issues, and confusing narrative as the story goes off on four directions.

The good: some worried of bad CGI in the trailer. There were some scenes that it was off, but really it was no problem. The action scenes were very well done (will give spoilers on this later). Josh Brolin and RDJ give dare I say, Oscar-worthy acting in this movie. The others were great as well, but none of them stick out like the two afformentioned.

More to follow.

There was a huge error on how they set up and delivered the Wakanda battle imo. They should have focused a bit on the magnitude of the situation instead of getting ready to fight, and then the actual fight. It was all supposed to be an epic showdown like how they sold it in the trailer, but it missed some emotional tugs despite being a good sequence overall.

The battle of the group in space against Thanos was way better. It was like a smash and grab scene in a heist movie, and it was by far the best sequence of the entire movie. It might be as good as the airport scene in Civil War. Funny enough, it looked a lot like the final battle from X-Men: Apocalypse but this was way better.

Most of the MCU movies have some type of boss battle at the end of the movie. I'm expecting IW to be the boss battle portion of all the previous 18 MCU movies. With that expectation it sounds like i'm going to be happy.

Sounds great to me. I'm pretty ok with the Marvel humor.

Thanks!

Let me also say this movie gives no fucks in a sense that you really need to have watched Civil War up to Black Panther otherwise you won't follow a lot of things.

I don't know.

At first I didn't think the mainstream was in tune with this movie, but I've heard quite a few people talk about it, lately, that aren't normally aware of anything. Black Panther didn't manage to break that magical raw $700m barrier, but at $682m it has come as close as any film ever has without being one of the two that did it (Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Avatar), and it's also the #32 domestic movie of all time adjusted for inflation, now.

You're not going to bring the Wonder Woman crowd under this big tent, but between all the new Black Panther recruits, the Guardian of the Galaxy crowd, the mainline Avengers/Captain America/Iron Man crowds, I've come to believe that Infinity War probably won't have much difficulty in eclipsing the $700m mark, and could definitely challenge those two movies above the waterline for absolute domestic supremacy. While I think its audience to be almost wholly subsumed in these other audiences, I think there's even a tiny subset of Thor fans out there who love that franchise's campiness while not caring as much about the more serious and dramatic stuff.

The international market doesn't care as much about the sub-franchises. They're all about The Avengers. They've never added $900m to any Marvel total.

So I think it comes up just short of $2bn, raw, and finishes at #4 all-time ahead of Jurassic World. I had real trouble picking between the $1.8bn-$1.9bn and $1.9bn-$2.0bn brackets.

I wonder if we will hear about Hydra in these movies. Them sitting back letting aliens take over the world is not good for their future. I doubt we will though because they're Nazis lol.

I am thinking of posting more spoilers in spoiler boxes but not sure if people would like that I leak shit.

The bad: Marvel movies especially recently have had a lot of forced humor, this is no exception. Cringy dialogue at times as well #ThanksMillenials. Some pacing issues, and confusing narrative as the story goes off on four directions.

Pretty much every MCU film post-Phase 1 has been like this. And it's progressively getting worse. I'd hoped that with the Russo Bros directing, this shit would be kept to a minimum.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back