Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think it was written that way so their dialogue could be shared.

I think the scene would've had more weight if it was written a little better. The build up wouldn't have been so bad.

He could have jumped out the back and walked home with how slow that plane was going.

While Evans is still on contract they should have him re-shoot that ending so it's better.

I feel like I have to rewatch this, because i've heard many people say it, and I don't remember it so favorably.
I saw it once long ago, and I remember being very luke warm on it.
I'll give it another go before IW.

I didn't like it that much the first time I saw it, but the first 5/6ths and particularly the first half are more enjoyable on subsequent viewings. The other marvel movies also give context to its cartooniness.

Last edited:
Me too. I think TH is a great actor in most things he is in. He brings a certain passion and intensity. But I think that is part of the problem as he is like that on set as well.

I just decided to google it since i have seen the rumour repeated many times but don't recall seeing anything substantial and here was ny first hit...

Terrence Howard "difficult" to work with, was highest paid star of IRON MAN?

Finally we are starting to scratch against the surface of mystery that surrounded the sacking of Terrence Howard from IRON MAN 2 which the trades quite conspicuously at the time said was for pay demands.

Entertainment Weekly report that there were two factors in Marvel's decision to let him go. The first was Terrence Howard's "difficult" behavior on the set of the film. They claim that Jon Favreau got so frustrated with Howard's attitude and performance that he spent way more hours than he should have chopping and basically minimalizing his role as Col. Jim Rhodes from a big character, to a supporting player. Another problem was that in the early days of casting, Howard was brought on to the film when no other stars had signed a contract. Marvel, not expecting to get the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges for the movie, probably offered Howard too big a contract to sign on to secure the first big name for the film.

By the time it was evident that the top Hollywood names were interested in joining this comic book property it was too late for them to negotiate. Leaving Howard, with some of his performance on the cutting room floor, as the highest paid actor of the film even though he had such a small part.

Edit:

Wow, just red this and TH is a very troubled man.

The dark side of Terrence Howard

Terrence Howard was paid more than RDJ, Paltrow and Bridges??

<36>

<36>

<36>

Outside of IM 1 I’ve never even heard of the guy.

<36>

<36>

<36>

I feel like TH was really hot at that time. Before Iron Man he did "Hustle and Flow" and 'Crash', and they were both Oscar nominated
RDJ was still in hiis comeback phase, and Paltrow hasnt really done that much of significance in forever. I honestly dont know why she's so popular. I can't think of any performance by her that really stands out.

I actually like TH quite a bit. He's a good actor.

I feel like TH was really hot at that time. Before Iron Man he did "Hustle and Flow" and 'Crash', and they were both Oscar nominated
RDJ was still in hiis comeback phase, and Paltrow hasnt really done that much of significance in forever. I honestly dont know why she's so popular. I can't think of any performance by her that really stands out.

Never seen either of those films. This is weird, I just looked up his filmography and I literally haven’t seen a single one of his other movies. Strange.

Never seen either of those films. This is weird, I just looked up his filmography and I literally haven’t seen a single one of his other movies. Strange.

He was in Prisoners with Hugh Jackman, and he did '4 Brothers' with Marky Mark (that one used to always be on TV) But i feel like he's only had small parts in movies these days. He's been doing mostly TV the past couple years.
Hustle and Flow wasn't really a wide released hit, but 'Crash' won Oscar for best picture i remember (undeservedly)

He was in Prisoners with Hugh Jackman, and he did '4 Brothers' with Marky Mark (that one used to always be on TV) But i feel like he's only had small parts in movies these days. He's been doing mostly TV the past couple years.
Hustle and Flow wasn't really a wide released hit, but 'Crash' won Oscar for best picture i remember (undeservedly)

Never seen Four Brothers, Hustle and Flow, Prisoners or Crash.

Never seen Four Brothers, Hustle and Flow, Prisoners or Crash.
brah...
<{chips}>
4 brother is a good flick for a Thursday night when you're just chilling at home. Nothing deep, just a simple action/semi-comedy about 4 adopted brothers. Prisoners was excellent
Hustle and Flow and Crash are skippable.

The Feels were over 9,000 in that scene:(:(:(

He should have picked her up and danced with her. Would have been the best thing in cinema history.

giphy.webp

<36>

<36>

<36>

Ya apparently they were not expecting to get any big names in that movie adn expected to fill it with mostly up and comers and Terrence Howard was supposed to be the recognizable guy who could carry the movie and the gave him a contract for $4.5MM and Robert Downey Junior only made about $0.5MM and TH says he had to fight to get RDJ in the movie as Marvel (Favreau) had little interest in him and then RDJ basically pushed TH out of the second one to free up salary room which he wanted for himself.

Ya TH had some momentum behind him. I think they planned to build him out as Rhodey, get some throw away actor as Iron Man and within a movie or two kill off that Iron Man and have Rhodey assume the mantle as War Machine. I think that was the original plan. Then RDJ stole the show.

Re Paltrow and her success she is rumoured to be one of the more willing Weinstein gals.

452C235A00000578-0-image-m-47_1507574209538.jpg

gwyneth-harvey.jpg

Those posters look epic. Not going to moviepass this, I'll pay for Dolby Digital or IMAX or 3D. BTW, which format is the best visual/audio experience?
Any one of them as long it doesn't involve 3D imo.

I feel like I have to rewatch this, because i've heard many people say it, and I don't remember it so favorably.
I saw it once long ago, and I remember being very luke warm on it.
I'll give it another go before IW.
Captain America: The First Avenger is one of the most underrated MCU film. It gets better the more times you watch it. It also helps if you have an appreciation for those old timey 1940s style of movies.

Captain America: The First Avenger is one of the most underrated MCU film. It gets better the more times you watch it. It also helps if you have an appreciation for those old timey 1940s style of movies.

I hated this one. This and the first Thor were just not good movies IMO. At least during Thor I didn't almost fall asleep. At the end of the First Avenger I was struggling to stay awake.

I hated this one. This and the first Thor were just not good movies IMO. At least during Thor I didn't almost fall asleep. At the end of the First Avenger I was struggling to stay awake.
To each their own I guess. But I also love Thor (2011). It was one of my more enjoyable theater experience. At that time I was so wowed how they successfully adapted Thor into a feature film. The one major thing I hated about the movie is Thor's dyed eyebrow and metrosexual hairdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back