Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.1 (New Set Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think RDJ is trying to swerve us all, he enjoys playing the character, the only one I believe is Evans who seems burnt out by playing Cap.

Exactly. Thanos kills half the known universe and pretty much every hero who stands against him. After that warm up, he gets serious: Thanos defeats the Cosmic Entities of Kaos, Order, Galactus, Eternity etc etc. Finally, Thanos's spirt leaves his body and trancendes to Godhood. While he's in this state, his daughter Nebula steals the Gauntlet and hits the cosmic reset button. All of the beings killed by Thanos are brought back to life.

Deus ex Machina FTW.
with all these big events in comic books, hero's are always killed and then handwaved back into existence by magic, time travel, multiversal migration, etc. element that puts everything back to status quo. I read Age of Ultron for the first time a week or so ago and that's exactly what happened. Time travel fucked it all up and time travel fixed it all (completely different than the movie, was kind of caught off-guard).

for live action infinity war, I'm not expecting it to anything remotely close to what the comic was.

but that's exactly how it happened in the comic book. I can't remember it IM himself was killed, but half the universe was eliminated in the blink of an eye and then brought back in a similar fashion.
I know but don't you think that runs the risk of seeming "cheap" to the mass audience? Hell, I'm a nerd with passing familiarity to the material and it still seems cheap to me.

I guess it depends on how they depict it, maybe it could come off OK. I just don't like the idea that sacrifices that seem epic in the moment end up being moot.

I know but don't you think that runs the risk of seeming "cheap" to the mass audience? Hell, I'm a nerd with passing familiarity to the material and it still seems cheap to me.

I guess it depends on how they depict it, maybe it could come off OK. I just don't like the idea that sacrifices that seem epic in the moment end up being moot.
like I stated in another post, the movie Age of Ultron is completely different than the comic version. There hasn't been that precedent in the MCU for a character to magically come back to life. There has been a somewhat realistic reason why a previously thought dead person coming back from death (Buck/Winter Soldier as an example). So who knows how they will handle a major character death (if there is one at all) in the MCU.

Exactly. Thanos kills half the known universe and pretty much every hero who stands against him. After that warm up, he gets serious: Thanos defeats the Cosmic Entities of Kaos, Order, Galactus, Eternity etc etc. Finally, Thanos's spirt leaves his body and trancendes to Godhood. While he's in this state, his daughter Nebula steals the Gauntlet and hits the cosmic reset button. All of the beings killed by Thanos are brought back to life.

Deus ex Machina FTW.
There's a lot of dumb shit in comics. The movie should try to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back