Locked AVENGERS: END GAME v.2 (Super Bowl Spot)

[U.S. only!] Predict Avengers: Endgame U.S. box office total after theatrical run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what comes out around it.

I think a lot of studios won't want to lose money by opening in direct opposition to A4. They will probably have a clear run for the first week at least; it will only be B and C list movies released around the same time.

I think a lot of studios won't want to lose money by opening in direct opposition to A4. They will probably have a clear run for the first week at least; it will only be B and C list movies released around the same time.

Well, IW had Deadpool and Solo and still did really well. If Endgame has no real competition for at least a month, it could be historic.

Well, IW had Deadpool and Solo and still did really well. If Endgame has no real competition for at least a month, it could be historic.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters is the closest big blockbuster releasing after, and that is 4 or 5 weeks after April 27th.

It's gonna have legs.

Did Solo do "really well" though? I've heard it was pretty much a disaster compared to expectations and didn't even break even. It basically did a 1/3 of what Rogue One did.

Box office. Solo: A Star Wars Story has grossed $213.8 million in the United States and Canada, and $179.1 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $392.9 million. With an estimated production budget of $300 million, the film needed to gross at least $500 million worldwide to break even.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo:_A_Star_Wars_Story

I think the negativity coming off the back of TLJ didn't help them, but if it was great WoM would have helped a lot. However, it was just OK.

Did Solo do "really well" though? I've heard it was pretty much a disaster compared to expectations and didn't even break even. It basically did a 1/3 of what Rogue One did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo:_A_Star_Wars_Story

I think the negativity coming off the back of TLJ didn't help them, but if it was great WoM would have helped a lot. However, it was just OK.
Pretty sure he meant IW did well despite opening with Deadpool and Solo.

But I don’t remeber Iw being in the theater with Solo?

Solo got fucked by TLJ, was too soon and people were still salty as hell.

If it came out today it would have done better , and especially if it was out around IW ?

Disney was stupid for that.

Pretty sure he meant IW did well despite opening with Deadpool and Solo.

But I don’t remeber Iw being in the theater with Solo?

Solo got fucked by TLJ, was too soon and people were still salty as hell.

If it came out today it would have done better , and especially if it was out around IW ?

Disney was stupid for that.

I think you're right and I'm still hungover.

Solo came out a month after IW. I recall a group of my friends toying with the idea of watching Solo before deciding to just watch IW again.

I think you're right and I'm still hungover.

Solo came out a month after IW. I recall a group of my friends toying with the idea of watching Solo before deciding to just watch IW again.

No worries, brother. Get some breakfast and coffee in you.

@90 50 said what I was thinking. lol

Don't overlook the fact SOLO was essentially reshot upon directorial change. It already had a tough enough time without the salty audiences.

Shazam gets released 3 weeks after Endgame. I'm actually looking forward to Shazam.

Ley-Bowen.jpg

Question: Do you predict you will be more or less satisfied with ENDGAME than INFINITY WAR?

Pretty cool theory by this YouTuber. He theorizes that all the time travel stuff is a red herring and Endgame will actually be focused on the Reality Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back