Australia copies US in statue Vandalism activism.

esotamoc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Its pretty annoying how we have to copy everything from the us. This week I have seen lots of posts on my facebook feed calling for removal of statues of historical figures in Australia. Why? Becauce Charlottesville.

Sure colonialists did some shitty things but without them we wouldnt exist and have our great country. You cant judge the past on the standards of the present.

link to an article http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/vandals-d...in-australia-day-protest-20170825-gy4pc3.html

some quotes:
"This kind of rubbish does not help keep one Indigenous child safe, in school or end up in a job"
"This divisive BS political grandstanding and vandalism does nothing but indulge the egos of the perpetrators. It is an exercise in pure vanity. Grow up, you're not helping anyone or anything."

Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison

"And everything I have ever written has been about allowing us to feel as if we are part of this country too because we love it too and that's been the hallmark of the Indigenous struggle. So anything that goes to vilify people or mocking people or threatening people or defacing things is not what we do in Australia."

Stan Grant- Aboriginal media personality.

At least this article has a reasonable perspective- unusual for fairfax media these days

Funny how Europeans prior to like 3 years ago always talked about how stupid us Americans are for being so conservative when it comes to sexual things. Apparently Europeans are used to seeing boobs on TV and hearing curses.

Crocadille Dundee statue protests will begin tomorrow by the anti Knife crowd.

Aussies are buncha gullible wannabe yanks.

You should see how much they are into American pop culture and politics.

It's pathetic.

Happening here in the UK too.

Leftists want Nelsons column in Trafalgar Square torn down.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...statues-nelsons-column-should-be-next-slavery

idiots. the reason leftists today in the West are so well fed and educated comparative to other civilisations is because of great men commemorated in those statues. if you still feel guilty for supposed crimes that you were not personally responsible for nor alive for then go and live somewhere else guilt free in poverty and filth

The left is lock in step with globalism.

That's why you see leftists tearing down all this stuff right now. They have to erase tradition.

Well at least we have Trump, so it's gonna be a rough 4 years for the crazies who try to continue to promote their leftist agenda.
i don't know Rip. perhaps they are having a temper tantrum because their side lost.

i don't know Rip. perhaps they are having a temper tantrum because their side lost.
Oh you bet. They are having a temper tantrum. That's why they are trying to tear down history and tradition with those statues. They didn't get their way, and this is how they are trying to get back and stick it to the man.

Funny how Europeans prior to like 3 years ago always talked about how stupid us Americans are for being so conservative when it comes to sexual things. Apparently Europeans are used to seeing boobs on TV and hearing curses.
We used to have boobs in our newspapers

I don't think this is a widespread view at least. Looks like some classic Guardian clickbait written by a nutter.

Though maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.

It is an opinion piece and most of the comments are mocking the author, but these sentiments regarding statues are becoming more and more commonplace here. And we have a London mayor who'd most likely cower to the demands of the perpetually offended minority in the name of Social Justice.

Where does it end? Can't people be content with disagreement? Soon priceless classical art will be defaced due to subject matter...

You cant judge the past on the standards of the present.

This is a potent statement...

Back