Austin Trout Offers Miguel Cotto a Chance for Revenge in Rematch

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
If he wants to go in that direction, former four division world champion Miguel Cotto has the opportunity to avenge one of his five career defeats. On December 1, 2012, the Puerto Rican superstar lost a unanimous decision to then World Boxing Association (WBA) 154-pounds champion Austin Trout, in what was Cotto's first career defeat at New York's Madison Square Garden of Manhattan.

It was a surprise for Cotto, who was coming off one of the best performances of his career when he lost a competitive twelve round decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 5 of that same year. Cotto was very upset the scores he received in the Trout loss. They all saw him as a wide winner, with tallies of 117-111, 117-111 and 119-109.

Then he took 10 months off, before returning in the middleweight division. He never mentioned Trout again. But now Trout is mentioning him. "I would absolutely give him the rematch. And more so right now that he doesn't have anyone to fight," Trout told Jose Sanchez. "I can make the weight. Absolutely. And if he wants to fight in June, I would be more than ready by that date." "I do not know why he does not want the rematch. I think [Cottos trainer] Freddie Roach is an intelligent man. I think Freddie is the one who keeps him away from me." - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/austin-t...-revenge-rematch--115300#sthash.iIMhDAbC.dpuf

I actually wouldn't mind this fight at all.

cottos most embarrassing loss forsure.....HMMM might be a good idea

Seems like an easy fight to make. We can see if Cotto really does beat Trout 9 times out of 10, or if Trout just has his number.

Id like him to take this fight. Id take Cotto to get the nod.

This can get made. Would it sell ?

trout must have no viable options if he is reaching for cotto, good fight for him, he has lost a step but he presents the same problems he did for miguel the first fight..

money fight for trout, does little for cotto; if im miguel i target mr timothy bradley

trout must have no viable options if he is reaching for cotto, good fight for him, he has lost a step but he presents the same problems he did for miguel the first fight..

money fight for trout, does little for cotto; if im miguel i target mr timothy bradley
They both have lost a step or 2 so to me thats kind of negated.
I could be wrong but Cotto has a name and drawing power to where non draws like Bradley or Trout wont really make that big of difference.
Id rather see the Bradley fight. But the Trout fight may be easier and a chance at erasing a loss.
Both are great options.

They both have lost a step or 2 so to me thats kind of negated.
I could be wrong but Cotto has a name and drawing power to where non draws like Bradley or Trout wont really make that big of difference.
Id rather see the Bradley fight. But the Trout fight may be easier and a chance at erasing a loss.
Both are great options.

Cotto has looked better since then. Granted he hasn't fought someone who presents those same challenges since. I'd kind of be interested in seeing the extent to which Roach has helped, and if he can help craft a gameplan to get around Trout.

I think Cotto wins the Bradley fight. Cotto just does everything better except head butt.

Cotto has looked better since then. Granted he hasn't fought someone who presents those same challenges since. I'd kind of be interested in seeing the extent to which Roach has helped, and if he can help craft a gameplan to get around Trout.

I think Cotto wins the Bradley fight. Cotto just does everything better except head butt.
I dont buy the " Roach reinvented Cotto" hype. Hes looked good against guys who played into Cottos style.
Age and miles alone are enough to make me skeptical. Even though I was impressed with him vs Canelo.

Just would like to see Bradley get put out of the picture at this point.

I dont buy the " Roach reinvented Cotto" hype. Hes looked good against guys who played into Cottos style.
Age and miles alone are enough to make me skeptical. Even though I was impressed with him vs Canelo.

Just would like to see Bradley get put out of the picture at this point.

I know what you mean re: the guys Cotto has been fighting. Trout would be a reasonable a/b for Roach. Not scientific or anything, but enough to make me interested. Cotto did look good against Canelo but Saul and Trout are pretty different.

Out of the picture? Why you no like Timmah? I do wish he was more active.

I know what you mean re: the guys Cotto has been fighting. Trout would be a reasonable a/b for Roach. Not scientific or anything, but enough to make me interested. Cotto did look good against Canelo but Saul and Trout are pretty different.

Out of the picture? Why you no like Timmah? I do wish he was more active.
Im just tired of the old guard especially Top Rank fighters. Sick of people babysitting ranking spots. One legit fight per year...if that. Just typical Mayweather parody. Tim is a great fighter would love to see him against the new guys emerging. There is a new wave in boxing to where the best are actually trying to fight more per year when not injured and the big fights are getting made faster and faster.

I would watch it but wouldn't shell out for a PPV. Cotto is a PPV fighter and still wants to cherry pick. As much as I like Cotto, he's really the opponent at this point in his career. About the only fight I would favor him in right now that I would pay for would be Marquez.

I'd like to see this. It would be interesting to see where each man is at in his career. Would be a good end for Cotto if he won, and a good boost for Trout if he won.

I don't see any other feasible or as interesting options out there right now for either.

I would watch it but wouldn't shell out for a PPV. Cotto is a PPV fighter and still wants to cherry pick. As much as I like Cotto, he's really the opponent at this point in his career. About the only fight I would favor him in right now that I would pay for would be Marquez.
For me the fight to make is Bradley vs Cotto. Cotto-Marquez would be fun to. But to me the better fight is Bradley-Cotto if Tim is willing to go to 154.

I think Trout could beat him again. Trout's naturally a fair bit bigger, good on the inside, has decent footwork, and has a good and active lead hand. He'd always be a tough fight for Cotto.

Back