[Audio] BJ Penn explains USADA violation, UFC 199

This is a stupid ass rule...dudes get dehydrated when they train hard af...Whatever. I thought that the whole IV rule was that you cannot have one after weigh-ins...then again, I'm not the one being enforced to follow the rules...It just seems weird to be suspended for getting hydrated...

He needs to say why he was using an IV. They allow it for any medical reason so that wouldn't stop him fighting why else would you use an IV outside of weight cutting? Something very fishy here plus I don't buy he didn't know he couldn't use one he is at a very professional camp that would have discussed all of his fight prep including that he can't use an IV.

This is a stupid ass rule...dudes get dehydrated when they train hard af...Whatever. I thought that the whole IV rule was that you cannot have one after weigh-ins...then again, I'm not the one being enforced to follow the rules...It just seems weird to be suspended for getting hydrated...

You do not need an IV to rehydrate after training unless you were out drinking the night before or doing something you are not supposed to.

So...maybe he was drinking...maybe he was sick...who the fuck knows. It just seems stupid that something that is given in the hospital if you go for a run and have heat exhaustion or pass out is something that fighters are "not allowed to have 365 days of the year.

as a fan of fighters like bj, it sucks to see him get shat on for dumb stuff he does / says - him, hughes, anderson, cain etc. etc. - part of being a loyal fan is enabling / defending them all the time ha

Well defending them all the time might not be right, that may make your arguments seem invalid and very biased. I.e with Anderson we had one group calling him a cheater, because why would he then had lied, so obviously he cheated. and another group saying he didn´t lie and just got caught unfortunately but he was kind of innocent.

The most logical answer here would be that Anderson took them because yes he needed them for his legs. Totally understandable. Many people said they would ahd respected him if he had only been honest and said this. This is very true, and would had been the best thing to do. However, he may not have decided himself, or at least been influenced, to give the "lie" a shot. If he was honest, he´d still had been banned. Thats a fact. So why not go for it and see if you can get through. A loyal fan here, knows yes that lie was BS, and won´t defend that. But they will also be smart ernough to think he probably did it due to his recovery. It´s very easy to talk crap about fighters, but if you get your leg snapped and have been caleld the goat. Many people that called him a cheater would probasbly do ti themselves.

We have to look at things objectively and logically, even if we support our fighters. We can never know for sure whos right or wrong. BJ may be lying i nthis case or being honest. Do people shit on him way too much right now? Yes definitely. Did he cheat and know about this? Maybe. It´s way too early to say.

A shame people either jump left or right so fast. The fanatically loyal fans are often idiots, and so are the haters, they kind of cancel each other out. So none of their opinions are really worth listening to as they are so biased.

Just my two cents.

Well defending them all the time might not be right, that may make your arguments seem invalid and very biased. I.e with Anderson we had one group calling him a cheater, because why would he then had lied, so obviously he cheated. and another group saying he didn´t lie and just got caught unfortunately but he was kind of innocent.

The most logical answer here would be that Anderson took them because yes he needed them for his legs. Totally understandable. Many people said they would ahd respected him if he had only been honest and said this. This is very true, and would had been the best thing to do. However, he may not have decided himself, or at least been influenced, to give the "lie" a shot. If he was honest, he´d still had been banned. Thats a fact. So why not go for it and see if you can get through. A loyal fan here, knows yes that lie was BS, and won´t defend that. But they will also be smart ernough to think he probably did it due to his recovery. It´s very easy to talk crap about fighters, but if you get your leg snapped and have been caleld the goat. Many people that called him a cheater would probasbly do ti themselves.

We have to look at things objectively and logically, even if we support our fighters. We can never know for sure whos right or wrong. BJ may be lying i nthis case or being honest. Do people shit on him way too much right now? Yes definitely. Did he cheat and know about this? Maybe. It´s way too early to say.

A shame people either jump left or right so fast. The fanatically loyal fans are often idiots, and so are the haters, they kind of cancel each other out. So none of their opinions are really worth listening to as they are so biased.

Just my two cents.
yea, i try to be a bit biased toward my guys but nothing out of the realm of crazy - like i will straight up admit if something they say is stupid, but i will still support them - i dont jump away from supporting them, but it obv sucks when anderson gets popped for steroids - i dont know what to say about that - it sucks - but i still support him and i wont even make comments like 'oh it was for his leg' - it just sucks and made fans sad, but im still a fan

decisions decisions, do I click to hear his annoying girlish voice, speaking broken english.. or wait for someone brave to type up a summary.

Ummm, BJ speaks perfect English.
You do know that Hawaii is in the US?
Just asking because you're obviously an idiot.

lol he is dirty.. just making shit up now so he doesn't get busted.. or he is absolute retard

Ummm, BJ speaks perfect English.
You do know that Hawaii is in the US?
Just asking because you're obviously an idiot.

"BJ speaks perfect English." So far from the truth.

I know he's from Hawaii "in the US". YET his English is terrible.

You're probably the only person that thinks his English is fine.

LOL ya right. IV because of training so hard.

Plus if that was the case, again, it falls under OK for USADA. MEDICAL/HOSPITAL PURPOSES = OKAY. do you not understand yet.

"BJ speaks perfect English." So far from the truth.

I know he's from Hawaii "in the US". YET his English is terrible.

You're probably the only person that thinks his English is fine.

What?
Do you actually hear him speak or do you just hear his accent?
If you listen to him speak, his English is just fine.
You probably think anybody not white speaks broken English.
...again you're an idiot.

didn't he speak about guys needing IV?
I mean, come on! at least don't lie to our face!!
Well his beer & hot dogs statement was in relation to weight cuts. He absolutely should have know that it was banned at all times, but it's not clear that he did know. Doesn't change whether he fucked up or not, but he might not be lying, just mistaken.

So...maybe he was drinking...maybe he was sick...who the fuck knows. It just seems stupid that something that is given in the hospital if you go for a run and have heat exhaustion or pass out is something that fighters are "not allowed to have 365 days of the year.

He still hasnt given a legit reason for using the IV. Its not allowed because people use them when they blood dope, duh. Cant believe bjay is a cheater, nothing is sacred anymore.

it doesn't matter.
he knows IV is forbidden. Can't claim ignorance over a fact you know about
So you're being serious???

He clearly stated that he didn't know they were banned 365 days a year. Before when he was shit talking IV users, it was clearly in relation to weight cutting.

I don't get it.... People can't be this damn confused over something so simple. I have got to be missing something

yea, i try to be a bit biased toward my guys but nothing out of the realm of crazy - like i will straight up admit if something they say is stupid, but i will still support them - i dont jump away from supporting them, but it obv sucks when anderson gets popped for steroids - i dont know what to say about that - it sucks - but i still support him and i wont even make comments like 'oh it was for his leg' - it just sucks and made fans sad, but im still a fan

Good on you for that. Many fans run away when things like that happen and then they were never true fans, just band wagon losers. They´re the friends thats around you when all is well and you got money and gone when you´re down and poor. Useless people.

This is the best thing for BJ, he shouldn't be fighting anymore
Y?

He was never physically shot nor did his chin get bad. He just trained really, really dumb and it caught up to him.

I'm really looking forward to see what training at a top camp does for him.

it doesn't matter.
he knows IV is forbidden. Can't claim ignorance over a fact you know about

I follow the sport closer than most fighters.. I also thought that IVs were banned just for weigh-ins. The idea that using an IV during the rest of the year would get me suspended would never occur to me because it's just too stupid.

Back