At what exact moment did you 100% know the Prodigy was doomed?

Part of me wanted to believe in the past few days

But I knew it was mostly a pipe dream when I saw that he was only posting pics of him and Jason at the RVCA gym and not Jacksons. Throw in the fact he broke his camp for a few days over the xmas holidays to go back to Hilo.

It was just an indicator that he was the same old, same old Penn who is now 2 and 1/2 yrs retired and just old.

In this fight specifically? When Yair was moving several times faster than Penn and landing at will with everything.

I was hopeful of a Penn win, but Yair is too good, too young, too athletic for 38 year old Penn. Stylistically, a good kicker who's tall and rangy is nightmarish for Penn, I'm just glad he didn't get too smashed up before the finish.

My favourite fighter of all time and I'm sure Jackson pushed him hard this camp, but he's done. I don't want to see Penn come back, even for Legend fights.

Seeing how frail he looked as they were announcing him. Then the first big kick that landed from yair that hurt BJ. That's when I knew he was about to get fucked up.

In this fight specifically? When Yair was moving several times faster than Penn and landing at will with everything.

I was hopeful of a Penn win, but Yair is too good, too young, too athletic for 38 year old Penn. Stylistically, a good kicker who's tall and rangy is nightmarish for Penn, I'm just glad he didn't get too smashed up before the finish.

My favourite fighter of all time and I'm sure Jackson pushed him hard this camp, but he's done. I don't want to see Penn come back, even for Legend fights.
He didn't really train at Jackson's for this fight though. Been months since he was there. He hit mitts with Parillo and took an extended break over the holiday season to be with family in Hilo.

As soon as the fight with Yair was announced. I knew it was going to be a one sided pounding. And people thought he had a chance just because he trained at Jacksons.

He didn't really train at Jackson's for this fight though. Been months since he was there. He hit mitts with Parillo and took an extended break over the holiday season to be with family in Hilo.

Oh shit, I assumed he was at Jackson's full time for this. What a waste.

Wouldn't have made a difference regardless though, in hindsight.

The Penn fan in me wanted to dismiss the two black holes that passed as Penn’s eyes on weigh-in day. I chalked it up to age and maybe bad lighting. I also forgave his less-than-spectacular muscle tone on the scale. “Penn never had GSP muscles,” I told myself. “Abs don’t mean shit when fighting, anyway.”

My comeback dreams for Penn didn’t completely implode until the actual Octagon stare down. Standing face-to-face with Yair, Penn looked like a cross between Golem and a Scottish-fold kitten.

The podium is yours…
When he got rocked in the first, and started back pedaling, i knew it was a matter of time. i had flashbacks of Rory putting BJ through the grinder.

When his team carried in the Hawaiian flag....upside down. And hung it over the cage that way.

Clear distress signal.

Whyyyy BJ! :( I actually used to argue that Prime Gomi would beat B.J. lol

My wife walked in the room during their staredown and said "BJ looks like a little old man now.".

That is when I knew that any hope of a competitive fight was lost. Lol

Never. Terrible stoppage Penn was just about to work that rubber guard and tap dat ass. Way to shit on Penns career

Big John if i ever see you...
zYJtb5M.jpg

The Penn fan in me wanted to dismiss the two black holes that passed as Penn’s eyes on weigh-in day. I chalked it up to age and maybe bad lighting. I also forgave his less-than-spectacular muscle tone on the scale. “Penn never had GSP muscles,” I told myself. “Abs don’t mean shit when fighting, anyway.”

My comeback dreams for Penn didn’t completely implode until the actual Octagon stare down. Standing face-to-face with Yair, Penn looked like a cross between Golem and a Scottish-fold kitten.

The podium is yours…
Weigh-in staredowns are just show to me. Not a reliable way of telling what a fighter thinks or is capable of.
I did know he was doomed when Yair started landing kick after kick halfway through the first round, and instead of pressuring and boxing, BJ started running around the octagon with Yair in pursuit.
Underwhelming... don't know why BJ was ever considered some kind of amazing fighter tbh. I'm a new fan (started watching around 2011) and Penn is never somebody who struck me as a killer at any weight.

When he lost to Nate Diaz

You know you've lost it when you lose to Nate Diaz.

When he got kicked in the face. Then when he got kicked again in the gut I knew the clock was ticking. Dude ate pretty much every shot after that.

When I heard he was fighting again was when I knew he fuqed up. I was just curious who they were gonna let him get knocked out by. Dude is fossil at this point, it's like throwing a piece of meat into a piranha tank. He should be out there collecting social security checks and feeding ducks at a pond not getting his head kicked in by young lions.

when i threw all my v-cash on him to win

When he had first date shart face after that first headkick that hurt him through his guard

When yair made BJ look like he was fighting in slow-motion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back