At least 123 killed as oil tanker lorry sets on fire in Pakistan

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-40396036
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/821035/Pakistan-oil-tank-fire-burn-bahawalpur

At least 123 people were killed when a lorry transporting oil burst into flames near the Pakistani city of Ahmedpur East, local officials say.

A crowd had gathered reportedly to collect fuel leaking from the overturned vehicle when it caught fire. Dozens are being treated in hospital.

More-than-100-dead-after-oil-tanker-overturns-and-catches-fire-821035.jpg

Unconfirmed reports suggest the tanker had been speeding when it overturned.

People smoking at the scene may have sparked the fire, Pakistan's Geo TV reports, quoting eyewitnesses.

Pakistani-fire-oil-tanker-overturned-980311.jpg

The country's roads are notoriously dangerous, with poor vehicle maintenance and reckless driving contributing to the problem.

/

Some victims may only be identified by DNA sampling as bodies were badly burned in the incident, reports say.

//

Mocking comments about Allah and Islam in 3, 2, 1...

A crowd had gathered reportedly to collect fuel leaking from the overturned vehicle when it caught fire. Dozens are being treated in hospital...

People smoking at the scene may have sparked the fire, Pakistan's Geo TV reports, quoting eyewitnesses.
Darwinism in action.
There's really just no other conclusion. I sometimes wonder if Dolphins' natural habitat had been land if they wouldn't have become the dominant life form in the Middle East, I swear.

There's really just no other conclusion. I sometimes wonder if Dolphins' natural habitat had been land if they wouldn't have become the dominant life form in the Middle East, I swear.

Pakistani cops were trying to keep people away from the tanker and warning them of the danger. But there were simply too many of them.

Hard to feel much sympathy for people that stupid.

Pakistani cops were trying to keep people away from the tanker and warning them of the danger. But there were simply too many of them.

Hard to feel much sympathy for people that stupid.

Not only stupid but vicious they are fucking stealing the gas.

That gas could have eaten kids in Africa.

This Lorry, was she hot at least, or was she built like a truck? :D

I don't always smoke, but when I do, I do it at crash sites with leaking oil and fuel.

Jesus. Can you imagine being swarmed up with the idiots moving towards it?
No, no, no, we need to get AWAY from this

I don't always smoke, but when I do, I do it at crash sites with leaking oil and fuel.

"There's nothing to see here, move along folks" as Tariq the policeman lights a road flare.

Who the hell in their right mind would go near an overturned fuel tanker? I would stay at least a football field away from that thing.

Smoking next to an overturned oil tanker, holy hell, that's stupid.

Back