Assassin's Creed Games

I recently got Black Flag(Yarr) during the steam sale and i'm enjoying it immensely. There's a shit ton of other AC games but i'm not sure which one's will be worth it after playing Black Flag. Yarr.

I played the first AC game years ago, which was pretty good, but i don't want the next AC game i buy to feel like a really big downgrade in terms of story, features, content etc.

What other AC games would you rate highly even compared to Black Flag? Yarr. Are there any that you would consider essential?

Well you started on one of the newer games, which means going back to the older ones, the mechanics are going to feel a little more dated. That being said, I think you should wrap up the Americas games before moving on.

I'd finish Black Flag and then play AC3 and then Rogue.

Then I'd go back and do AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations.

Then Unity, then Syndicate.

The concept is great, but they need to revamp the entire series and start over. Maybe take the naval stuff that everyone loved and completely redesign all the assassin stuff. And no more friggin collectibles. It's 2017.

The new game is supposed to be quite a revamp. Your character levels up, it has more RPG elements, combat is hit box based and more dynamic.

Also, the size of the land mass of the map is apparently as big as the ocean in Black Flag, which is huge.

tbh AC2 is the only other one I'd recommend. And it's a big step down from Black Flag
This, not really sure how it holds up after Black Flag. The series was good for it's time, but a lot of the mechanics are now common place in games. If you've already played Black Flag, then the rest of the series is probably going to feel flat.

See, I found Black Flag boring as hell, I did every sidequest and then couldn't bring myself to finish the terrible story. The boat combat was fun except it was easy to cheese it and heal to full off of sloops and stuff.

I'd enjoy franchise more as a whole if they skipped the whole Animus thing and if Ubisoft didn't make money from it.

Played only one, which had the American Revolution setting. Played about two hours doing objectives on the boat before settling in Boston. Then all of a sudden the main title appears like if I'm just starting the game. Gave up shortly after and never returned.
that's because you are if you haven't played as the younger Indian kid then you haven't even started the main game.

I still love the series, but it is getting stale, especially how wayward the current day story has gone. It's hardly even there. I remember doing all the glyphs in AC1, and being amazed, as I was with the eagle eye ending. Loved AC2, AC Brotherhood was great, but hardly even a challenge, due to so many projectile weapons. Revelations was good, and a good way to end Ezio's story. Really liked AC3, Loved AC4, Unity was surprisingly good, when patched properly, but the modern day story was hardly there, same with syndicate.

See, I found Black Flag boring as hell, I did every sidequest and then couldn't bring myself to finish the terrible story. The boat combat was fun except it was easy to cheese it and heal to full off of sloops and stuff.

I'd enjoy franchise more as a whole if they skipped the whole Animus thing and if Ubisoft didn't make money from it.

The series wouldn't make any sense if there wasn't a modern day part or animus. It would just be random games of characters in the past that don't connect in any way. Most of the Assassins we play as had no communication with the others or knowledge about the others. It'd be cool sure, but the overarching story wouldn't have a meaning or make any sense.

I wish the present day stuff was more open and integrated with the ancestry stuff. Like, play some of the game in old-school London, get out of the Animus here and there, actually leave the building to a large present-day London instead of some smaller roped-off area.

The series wouldn't make any sense if there wasn't a modern day part or animus. It would just be random games of characters in the past that don't connect in any way. Most of the Assassins we play as had no communication with the others or knowledge about the others. It'd be cool sure, but the overarching story wouldn't have a meaning or make any sense.
See, I disagree. The Templars and the Assassins are ancient orders, they could have been struggling for power without all that nonsense about Gods and such.

See, I disagree. The Templars and the Assassins are ancient orders, they could have been struggling for power without all that nonsense about Gods and such.

The Templar Order and the Assassins would exist if it weren't for the "Gods" or "Those who came Before"

The Templar Order and the Assassins would exist if it weren't for the "Gods" or "Those who came Before"

Yeah, but they easily could have. I didn't feel they added anything to the story, and the supernatural element was as out of place as the Animus stuff. Nothing killed my buzz like walking around an office building after blowiny away a dozen galleons. Personal choice though, I might come back and finish Black Flag's story someday, there are just so many quality games on the market and I feel like AC has barely evolved.

Yeah, but they easily could have. I didn't feel they added anything to the story, and the supernatural element was as out of place as the Animus stuff. Nothing killed my buzz like walking around an office building after blowiny away a dozen galleons. Personal choice though, I might come back and finish Black Flag's story someday, there are just so many quality games on the market and I feel like AC has barely evolved.

The Assassins and Templars wouldn't have anything to fight over then. The Templars want to find the Pieces of Eden (First Civ artifacts) to use to take away humanity's free will and ensure order and peace through stability. The Assassin Brotherhood exists to protect free will. There wouldn't really be a story without the supernatural stuff. What else would the two sides be fighting over?

It's the Crusades what else was it going to be about.

It's the Crusades what else was it going to be about.
I mean Juno and the First Civilization. The Crusades is a great backdrop for a power struggle, I just thought the Isu stuff was lame. It's fine if you guys disagree, but the Animus, Abstergo, and First Civ stuff was unneeded. It could easily be a historical drama about the conflict between Assassins and Templars but with a more realistic premise. Just personal taste.

Fans of the AC games forget just how flawness the multiplayer was in AC Brotherhood

Maps designed with brilliant layout counters (avoiding constant drop-downs, single doorways) and a smoke bomb/stun/poison split second reaction speed that allowed for crazy near-instant player checks

the later AC multiplayers would delay power activation at button press, turning many split second play styles into predatory crawls and power refresh races

I mean Juno and the First Civilization. The Crusades is a great backdrop for a power struggle, I just thought the Isu stuff was lame. It's fine if you guys disagree, but the Animus, Abstergo, and First Civ stuff was unneeded. It could easily be a historical drama about the conflict between Assassins and Templars but with a more realistic premise. Just personal taste.
I agree just saying Assassins were Islamic militant group going agianst the Knights Templer a Catholic backed Military gods aregoing to be involved just he game went more towards fantasy.

Fans of the AC games forget just how flawness the multiplayer was in AC Brotherhood

Maps designed with brilliant layout counters (avoiding constant drop-downs, single doorways) and a smoke bomb/stun/poison split second reaction speed that allowed for crazy near-instant player checks

the later AC multiplayers would delay power activation at button press, turning many split second play styles into predatory crawls and power refresh races
I preferred the simple deathmatch AC3 never like the smoke bombs, guns, coin toss, or cloaking shit.

I preferred the simple deathmatch AC3 never like the smoke bombs, guns, coin toss, or cloaking shit.

I only approve in multiplayer versions where kills snd stuns can narrowly pull upsets over enemy smoke (killed inside your own magician's cloud)

I'd normally favor less powers if it didn't even out kill streaking and map leaders. One noob pulling a poison off (back when its points weren't nerfed) made me work harder to stay in the lead - in recent versions of multi the powers are so nerfed that 4th place pretty much stays there, with far fewer last minute upsets which was fun as hell in early multis

Which AC games are your guys favorite in terms of the open world?

Back