Multiplatform Assassin’s Creed Shadows

Did you just post a gif appluading yourself you insecure cuck?

I'm applauding you.

Its practically an accomplishment, an impressive feat, to surpass the former extent of patheticness to now be hailed as the poster who posted the 'most pathetic post I've ever seen in The Arcade.'

So yes, I'm applauding you. Bravo.

Keep trying to beat your own record.

After the last game they shat out, I don't know what to think. They seem confused as to what direction the franchise should go in, and the games themselves are starting to feel like re-skins with new dialogue.

I don't think it's fair to nail this particular game's tiered "Game", "Game+", "Game++" thing, since damn near every friggin' AAA game does it, but for some reason this one's getting flack for it. I guess the social media influence giants decided to plant their flag on this game for whatever reason. Little late to the party on that one, guys.

I did get tired of the franchise after the 4th one...took a break then when Origins came out, i just loved it, played until 4-5am on work nights.

Yasuke was a sword bearer, all these depeictions of him being some elite fighting samurai machine are pure fiction from the minds of people like @GearSolidMetal Also as many others have pointed out. Why has every other AC game had a protaganist who is native to the area the game takes place in, and then suddenly now you have an african as the male lead of fuedal japan?

Also, this is a forum to discuss video games, just because I don't intend to buy something, it doesn't mean I can't discuss it.

Tenchu was more than fine, it's my favourite ninja game ever. All I said was the accents were inconsistent and that's part of a historical racist trope.
lol quite the rugpull. if anyone, i would have thought you would have been the guy supporting Yasuke, samurai / retainer or not. Lol.

Isn't this the victory you hoped for? Wanted? Diversity?

No one said you can't discuss video games in the video game forum. Lol. But OK. Unchain the shackles you've put on yourself.

Tenchu was fine, a japanese game, made by japanese, who selected the voice overs they were going for.

I do not care about Ass's Creed, never was a fan of them anyways, and if they want to butcher history to sell some games, then whatever. I'll check it out when it's for sale and see if I give a damn.

Wow... you got whipped so badly earlier in the thread you completely randomly accused me of the believing something I don't believe and have never stated I believe.

Bravo.
This may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in The Arcade.

hahaha-standing-ovation.gif
same, this dork thought he was going to GET ME, BRUH.

i could give a shit about Yasuke and this new game. Whatever. I'll check it out when it inevitably goes on sale because it's all just a bunch of lame ass fetch quests and badly designed worlds.

I'm applauding you.

Its practically an accomplishment, an impressive feat, to surpass the former extent of patheticness to now be hailed as the poster who posted the 'most pathetic post I've ever seen in The Arcade.'

So yes, I'm applauding you. Bravo.

Keep trying to beat your own record.
Your sense of self is so inflated you make up these records and titles as if anyone gives a shit. You don't 'hail' anything because you're not important. This is what hurts you more than anything, middle aged gamer on a karate forum.

Also where is the evidence that most of my posts are about you? @Killer Kadoogan is the only one liking and boosting your shit but he doesn't have evidence either.
same, this dork thought he was going to GET ME, BRUH.

i could give a shit about Yasuke and this new game. Whatever. I'll check it out when it inevitably goes on sale because it's all just a bunch of lame ass fetch quests and badly designed worlds.
This dork offered you a fair square up and you BACKED down. Guess you realised that ninjitsu doesn't work in real life.

<36>

lol quite the rugpull. if anyone, i would have thought you would have been the guy supporting Yasuke, samurai / retainer or not. Lol.

Well then you made an assumption and you were wrong (again). Try not to do that, it makes you look fucking stupid.

Tenchu was fine, a japanese game, made by japanese, who selected the voice overs they were going for.

No dipshit, the localization was handled by activision who clearly aren't japanese. Also, even if it was japanese who cares? A trope is a trope no matter who does it. Inconsistent accents are immersion breaking, deal with it.

This is what hurts you more than anything, middle aged gamer on a karate forum.

Holy shit the projection in this sentence is off the charts. By all means, explain to everyone why you're ashamed for being...
*middle-aged
*gamer
*posting on a karate forum
And is it just shame, or has it graduated to full-blown self-loathing?

I’ll keep my money in my wallet. The few games by Ubisoft in general have sucked . Bloated boring game with too many fetch quests. Looking at you Valhalla and Odyssey .
I felt origins was the right move with enough rpg leveling up mech and exploring in a smaller “big open world” .

If I want to play a decent samurai game I’ll give Ghost of Tsushima a go or pick up Rise of the Ronin
For anyone who knows about both games (Ghost & Rise), wondering how they compare. I stopped playing Ubisoft games a while back.

For anyone who knows about both games (Ghost & Rise), wondering how they compare. I stopped playing Ubisoft games a while back.
I am waiting for ghost to drop in price over the next 6 months. Hadn't heard of Rise until I thought I had accidently wandered into the war room.

Ghost is all about the graphics and story. The world is also less dense and more spread out. I think this was intentionally done because the visuals are so amazing, you spend a lot of time on horseback taking it all i n.

Rise is all about the combat. It is fast and fluid, there are many stances. The open world has many fast travel points and there are many activities nearby so you never need to spend a lot of time running from point a to point b.

Both are great games, GoT is the better story but Rise has superior combat mechanics.

I’ve played Ghost , that game hooks you from the opening moments and gets you emotionally invested in the first 5 minutes. Compare that to the opening of AC origins , I didn’t care about Bayaks son getting kidnapped and killed. Ghost had me when Jin was the lone survivor on the beach and the urgency to see if your uncle is alright.

Rise of The Ronin I haven’t played yet but I’ve heard good things and watched a few streams . Ronin at least stays some what historical with the shogunate and the factions and how the west was trying to get in for trading.
Whereas Shadow or whatever the AC title is, strays from anything historical about Japan and the architecture is wrong lol.

Your sense of self is so inflated you make up these records and titles as if anyone gives a shit. You don't 'hail' anything because you're not important. This is what hurts you more than anything, middle aged gamer on a karate forum.

Also where is the evidence that most of my posts are about you? @Killer Kadoogan is the only one liking and boosting your shit but he doesn't have evidence either.

This dork offered you a fair square up and you BACKED down. Guess you realised that ninjitsu doesn't work in real life.

<36>

Well then you made an assumption and you were wrong (again). Try not to do that, it makes you look fucking stupid.

No dipshit, the localization was handled by activision who clearly aren't japanese. Also, even if it was japanese who cares? A trope is a trope no matter who does it. Inconsistent accents are immersion breaking, deal with it.
dude, you're the moron who made the first assumption and tried calling me out. i do not give a shit about assassin's creed, yasuke, or whatever it is you were trying to imply, because once again, you are wrong. you are a fool, and you thought you'd call me out for what? i don't give a shit about this game. i think it's perfectly fine, they can make yasuke the main character all they want. cry more, fool.

I'm not talking about developer intentions, I'm talking about asian male reprsentation in asian settings.

Which is where Shadows and Nioh ARE comparable.

You had to once again shift the argument to american DEI training to dismiss my actual point.
They really aren't comparable when you look at the two developers. Nioh was made by Japanese developers, they likely had good intentions, whether they inspired their main character on William Adams, a Bona fide Samurai, or not.

Personally I don't care about the ethnicity of the protagonist, so long as it's an artistic choice.

From what I've played/recall, and that's every Assassin's Creed up to Valhalla, their main protagonist's ethnicity always reflected the location the game took place in. Considering how shit and woke Ubisoft have become, basing a main character on Yasuke in that era of Japan, probably has more to do with DEI than anything.

I'm the only guy that enjoyed Odyssey? I had fun with that game, especially hunting down the wanted guys and getting their gear.
I liked it a lot. The quasi nemesis system was a lot of fun for a while. It didn't feel like the missions were as locked off as the ones in Origin. I always ran into a wall there.

In Odyssey, I can only recall one or two times where I couldn't progress the story/mission I wanted to do because of being level locked.

I think I just enjoyed exploring so much that I was constantly gaining xp/leveling more than in Origins.

It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun for the most part.

Considering how shit and woke Ubisoft have become, basing a main character on Yasuke in that era of Japan, probably has more to do with DEI than anything.

Or Assassins Creed is a science fiction lite series that loosely uses past nonfiction environments. An outsider as the protagonist gives the game direction more artistic liberty to implement fictional gameplay.

Seriously. Why are they making the two protagonists LGBT? Why are they trying to die on this hill? I was thinking maybe if the game was really innovative then all will be forgiven but fuck this company.

Or Assassins Creed is a science fiction lite series that loosely uses past nonfiction environments. An outsider as the protagonist gives the game direction more artistic liberty to implement fictional gameplay.
Another company I could give the benefit of the doubt, but Ubisoft...nah

Maybe they'll surprise us

Another company I could give the benefit of the doubt, but Ubisoft...nah

Common for a game publisher under criminal investigation for systemic corporate sexual assault and harassment to start virtue signaling through their IP's. Its a tactic used to deflect criticism and help reduce future risk.

Back