Elections Asian Americans vote dem by a wide margin

I think Asians had right leaning tendencies so it sounds like it must be the nationalism.

They just want their 3rd nephew get a green card before they flip.

Haha. That reminds me of something.

gfs_141994_1_6.jpg

Asians voted 77% Democrat in the 2018 midterms. I don't understand why people are so surprised they don't want to members of a party filled with angry, bitter Gomer Pyle clones.

We all know "Asian" is codeword for "muslim" so no surprise here.

It's funny. They vote Liberals here in Canada mostly, but their values are pretty conservative if you spent significant time with them.

It's funny. They vote Liberals here in Canada mostly, but their values are pretty conservative if you spent significant time with them.

That's true of many demographics here in the USA. The GOP could easily take several racial groups from the dems by simply not appealing to white identity politics.

That would lose them a huge portion of their base though, so not worth it to them.

They know what happens when white men aren't in power of the West.. They see their time coming up.

It is pretty much the same way in every country. Ethnic minorities are left-wing voters even though their personal beliefs are usually conservative.

The reactionary side of American politics has a long history of being anti-Asian, even if it isn't terribly or overtly in vogue at the moment. People remember these things.

Asian is too broad a term nowadays. Anyone see the new Brit Netflix show The Bodyguard?

Policeman talking a would be middle-eastern suicide bomber in a hijab out of blowing herself up on the train. Policeman tells train guard over the radio, the identity is Asian. Guard on the other end responds knowingly without clarification.

Not once in the 8 episodes (as good as a show as it was) did they clarify between Southeast, South, West, Northwest and Northeast Asians.

So, in the linked article, it's one big grouped entity. And I know there are numerous ethnic and religious divisions that do not want to be linked with the other. Just because the name on the article is Margaret Fung does not negate the fact that purposeful obfuscation is occuring like never before.

Last edited:
Asian is too broad a term nowadays. Anyone see the new Brit Netflix show The Bodyguard?

Policeman talking a would be middle-eastern suicide bomber in a hijab out of blowing herself up on the train. Policeman tells train guard over the radio, the identity is Asian. Guard on the other end responds knowingly without clarification.

Not once in the 8 episodes (as good as a show as it was) did they clarify between Southeast, South, West, Northwest and North East Asians.

So, in the linked article, it's one big grouped entity. And I know there are numerous ethnic and religious divisions that do not want to be linked with the other.
In British English, "Asian" means South Asian, West Asian, Middle Eastern, basically any brown person. The Brazilian immigrant who was mistaken for a terrorist and killed after the 7/7 attacks was referred to as "Asian". Whereas in American English, Asian means East Asian, people with clear Mongoloid features.

In British English, "Asian" means South Asian, West Asian, Middle Eastern, basically any brown person. The Brazilian immigrant who was mistaken for a terrorist and killed after the 7/7 attacks was referred to as "Asian". Whereas in American English, Asian means East Asian, people with clear Mongoloid features.

I more or less agree, but Middle Eastern was a clear enough grouping for Arabic and Persian people. Yes some ethnicities like Pakistani etc. Like you said, the Mongoloid delineation was always clear up until the last couple of years when all of a sudden calling people MEastern adopted almost a racist tone. Which is ridiculous. The left are all about removing definition, or in fact, clarity.

And just to further make my point, Latino and Hyspanic Americans don't like to be grouped together even though they are often more indistinguishable than mongoloid and middle eastern peoples.

It's purposeful obfuscation to make a narrative based on loose facts.

Last edited:
I dont think it matters. It's cute ppl think it does though.

Drak2Z8WkAEyEtX.jpg

I believe a lot of the Chinese in the greater Vancouver area vote Conservative. Lots of small business owners that want low taxes and work hard.

I believe a lot of the Chinese in the greater Vancouver area vote Conservative. Lots of small business owners that want low taxes and work hard.

Absolutely.

Like I said, by not clearly defining terms, an article like the one in the OP seems to be agenda-driven supported by loose facts.

My guess is that while many Asians do tend to lean socially conservative, they are also educated enough to understand that Republican economics are for retards.

Back