Arum Slams HBO's Nelson, Claims He Blocked Lomachenko-Linares

Is this true?

If this is credible then that could be who he faces next. However, since Bob isn't willing to budge (and probably won't) I don't think he'll put Arakawa in against Beltran because it leaves Lomachenko without any other options for current LW titlists. Bob mentioned Verdejo being an option for Beltran recently, too. I also don't see that because Verdejo has been out too long and will likely be given a tune-up fight first.

Although Beltran did suffer some injuries to his face, which will need time to heal, it does seem like a bout between Arakawa and Beltran could take place later this year, with Japanese sources suggesting there is a very real chance of the contest being made as Beltran's first defense of his newly won title.
Nihito Arakawa likely to face Raymundo Beltran

If this is credible then that could be who he faces next. However, since Bob isn't willing to budge (and probably won't) I don't think he'll put Arakawa in against Beltran because it leaves Lomachenko without any other options for current LW titlists. Bob mentioned Verdejo being an option for Beltran recently, too. I also don't see that because Verdejo has been out too long and will likely be given a tune-up fight first.

Nihito Arakawa likely to face Raymundo Beltran
Lomachenko vs Beltran is a joke.

I really think they should try for Salido again at 130. That's a noticeable blemish on Lomachenko's record.

Back