News Artem Vakhitov will make his MMA-debut today, on OPEN FC 31

Who wins?

• Total voters
Bashandy has an amateur MMA record of 4-1, with three of his wins coming by way of submission, so I guess he got some experience on the ground
I saw that. Still kind of a mystery to me. And his subs could have been standing guillotines.

Nevermind. He has 2 rnc wins and an armbar win. He also got a tko loss in 27 seconds.

He seemed to have been working on wrestling a bit, was trying to get his leg back when the guy took him down the first time and then got pulled on top when he got injured the second time.

I really don't know why he just didn't hit him with his other arm though, he was in full mount when they stopped. He was injured anyway.
That sucks. Thanks for the message.
I’m most interested in his striking, did he get the chance to showcase any of that?
Normally Vakhitov is fighting a bit behind the high-guard, so I was wondering how that would translate to MMA-striking

That sucks. Thanks for the message.
I’m most interested in his striking, did he get the chance to showcase any of that?
Normally Vakhitov is fighting a bit behind the high-guard, so I was wondering how that would translate to MMA-striking

Not really, the other dude shot pretty much straight away.

I don't mind that though, it's what he'll have to deal with if he wants to be a top level MMA fighter, unlike with Wrzosek where they keep booking him against kickboxers and I don't really know what he's going to learn from that.

Man that really sucks, it looked like Vakhitov was actually competent enough to even stay in full mount and get the finish.
Didn't just accept the TD but actually trying to get back to his feet.

Hopefully nothing serious but Vakhitov had problems with injuries in his career before.

For fuck's sake. He should have at least thrown a few shots with his other hand to try and finish it. He was in mount after all.

It's not like it was hurting him bad enough in the moment. Wasn't even grimacing.

Oh man, I had a student years ago who was DOMINATING an MMA fight and then slipped on the other guys blood, put his hand out for balance and broke his elbow backwards, had to get reconstructive surgery.
Fighting is bonkers.
Hopefully Vakhitov can overcome and return to some form of fighting again,.

Shame to be winning the fight and tap out for injury, but indeed, like others have said, perhaps while he was on mount he could have at least tried to get the finish?

Shame to be winning the fight and tap out for injury, but indeed, like others have said, perhaps while he was on mount he could have at least tried to get the finish?
Jup, but he didn’t even tap.
Vakhitov complained about his elbow to the referee. After that, the doctor advised the referee to stop the fight

But yeah like a lot of others said, Vakhitov could’ve tried to land some ground-and-pound as he was in full-mount at the moment he injured his elbow

But yeah like a lot of others said, Vakhitov could’ve tried to land some ground-and-pound as he was in full-mount at the moment he injured his elbow

Indeed, but that might have been the "first fight jitters" or something, I doubt a MMA veteran with good cornermen would have made the same choices...

I really wanted Artem to win (I've watched him fight live a couple times in France, so I got attached to the dude) but if you have to lose your first fight, there are much worse options than getting doctored because you were "too honest" instead of spamming elbows with the other arm.

I kinda wish Artem had a few AMA MMA bouts first, to get these kinds of quirks shaved off... I sure hope a good org will take care of him.
PFL, Bellator?
... (BKFC?)

Indeed, but that might have been the "first fight jitters" or something, I doubt a MMA veteran with good cornermen would have made the same choices...

I really wanted Artem to win (I've watched him fight live a couple times in France, so I got attached to the dude) but if you have to lose your first fight, there are much worse options than getting doctored because you were "too honest" instead of spamming elbows with the other arm.

I kinda wish Artem had a few AMA MMA bouts first, to get these kinds of quirks shaved off... I sure hope a good org will take care of him.
PFL, Bellator?
... (BKFC?)
Yeah I agree. That’s really something called experience, and it only comes with time.
Vakhitov is obviously green while talking about grappling but atleast he showed to be working on this part of his game.
It’s an unfortunate way to start your MMA-career...
I think Artem wants to return to MMA though, most definitely, but he also didn’t rule out to fight in kickboxing again, and therefore I think ONE will be a perfect place for Vakhitov!

Back