Arrests for offensive Facebook and Twitter posts soar in London

Trump hasn't "decreased government control" in all areas: mostly just in ones where he's ceding government protection of the public good in protectable areas like worker rights, consumer rights, environmental health, health standards, due process protections, employment rights.

(1) Close proximity of cartels to govt (see: corporate executives in presidential cabinet)
(2) Scapegoating of minorities (see: Muslim immigrant ban, blaming of undocumented Mexican immigrants)
(3) Consolidation of political information by suppressing media (see: "fake news," hostility towards "liberal media")
(4) "Lost-golden-age syndrome" i.e. mobilizing support on illusory nationalist language (see: Make America Great Again)
(5) Aggressive protectionism in trade (see: overtures towards China)
(6) Economic stimulus by militarization (see: wanting to "make stronger" the biggest military in the world)
(7) Reactive and non-distinct economic philosophy (see: Trump promoting simultaneous revenue cuts, rises in spending)
(8) Promotion of violence towards political opposition (see: telling supporters to punch protesters, threatening media)
(9) Aggressive foreign policy (see: "bomb the shit out of them")
(10) Affirmation of traditional social roles to organize productivity (see: "putting a woman to work is dangerous")
(11) Achieving national consensus via revisionist history (see: outright lying about his past, opponents' pasts, other countries' pasts)
(12) Strict hierarchy and party loyalty (him demanding loyalty from congressional Republicans and going after them in reelection bids)
(13) Interference with and spite towards due process (actions in immigration law, actions toward DOJ and Mueller probe)
(14) Leader cult (saying "only I have the answers" in his campaign, constantly holding personal rallies during his term); and

probably the biggest one for me:
(15) Self-definition by opposition (defining a movement by what it opposes: anti-establishment, anti-"fake news," anti-"elites" [lol], anti-liberals, anti-PC, anti-undocumented immigrants)

You can disagree. But these are components that have been mulled over by experts on what fascism is, definitionally. And you'd be pretty bold to deny he shares some of the characteristics.

There are also a couple more that I've talked about, but I can't recall them at the moment and I couldn't find my recent post on the matter.

EDIT: Also, there were *real* fascists in America....like, organized ones. And they helped America jail people for their opinions --- and those persons who were jailed were never white racists. They were communists, labor activists, and civil rights activists.
(16) Putting family members and friends in positions of political power
(17) Firing or bullying staff that does not agree
(18) Completely politcizing the supposedly independent judicial system in his favor
(19) Delegitimizing and attacking courts that take decisions that are not in his favor
(20) (In)directly attempting to manipulate elections, be it via voter suppresion and gerrymandering (even though this is more a republican wide practice) or conspiring with foreign powers
(21) Using political power for personal gain
(22) Lying about ..... everything
(23) Pandering to others that can be considered fascist or dictator as well as religious groups (the latter being common to some extent globally though)
(24) Being very nationalistic and attacking those who disagree while being well within their constitutional rights (NFL players e.g.) as being not nationalistic
(25) Wanting to jail political opponents
(26) Underminding independent investigative bodies like the FBI

Last edited:
Sorry but no. Stop. It wasn’t about Islam, it wasn’t a “Muslim ban”. Also, it was in place before Trump. Stop drinking the koolaid....or keep drinking it, get Trump elected in 2020.

I'm sorry that you can't argue on the merits of this discussion. Heck, you couldn't even choose one of the 15 listed components and make a coherent or factually-supported argument.
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) said in an interview on Saturday that President Trump had previously asked him about legally implementing a "Muslim ban."

But Giuliani then disputed the notion that the president's sweeping executive order barring refugees and people from seven predominantly Muslim nations amounts to a ban on Muslims.

"I’ll tell you the whole history of it: When he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban,'" Giuliani said on Fox News.

"He called me up, he said, ‘Put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally.’"

What is scary is that you really think that you know what you're talking about and that others are just "drinking the koolaid." You picked 1 of the 15 listed components, completely whiffed on arguing against it, and then said "stop drinking the koolaid."

Post-fact America.

I'm sorry that you can't argue on the merits of this discussion. Heck, you couldn't even choose one of the 15 listed components and make a coherent or factually-supported argument.

What is scary is that you really think that you know what you're talking about and that others are just "drinking the koolaid." You picked 1 of the 15 listed components, completely whiffed on arguing against it, and then said "stop drinking the koolaid."

Post-fact America.

Stop, just stop. It’s beyond stupid to try to make links between Trump and fascism. It’s fucking stupid and sophomoric. I can’t even take people like you seriously anymore lol.

I bet it's a one way road

Do not bring up muslim crimes on Facebook or you will be arrested

I bet it's a one way road

Do not bring up muslim crimes on Facebook or you will be arrested

That’s exactly what it is. This is people speaking the truth, not people calling for violence and discrimination.

anti-fa

I do disagree, and firmly. People don't like Trump's aesthetically. I get that. But his policies have been very non-fascist. A tax cut. Eliminating government mandates. Eliminating excessive restriction on business fascists generally try to control business through tight regulation. Appointing judges based on their adherence to Constitutional principles and not by adherence to his policies. Allowing himself to be limited both by Congress and by the judiciary. Decreasing the size and scope of the government.

I think this thread is useful, because it allows people to compare the critics with their own criticisms. People want to say Trump suppresses freedom of the press, but who has he arrested? But then we see some of the people calling him a fascist arresting thousands of people for publishing their opinions publicly. That's fascistic behavior. That's anti free speech and anti-press.
Trump is just calling the media dumbasses, Obama was tapping their calls and shit.

Just seems like the same kind of lazy work as all the arrests for marijuana, giving away speeding tickets to people driving 5mph over the limit, and booking other very minor offences. The typical kind of police work for the hacks who aren't fit to actually go out there and catch real criminals.

I suppose even a cop has to post some kind of a quota of yearly arrests before people start asking questions, so these sort of "crimes" surely come as god-send to the hacks who are otherwise incapable of fulfilling their roles respectably.

Oi oi oi mate, you got a loicense for this thread?

Europe is going full 1984 that what happen when you let the left do there ''thing''

When I say "fuck Islam", can you Brits like the post and get arrested or you gotta actually say "fuck Islam" yourself?

“So what are you in for?”

“I gut shot a security guard at the bank. He was blocking the door when we were trying to escape. Guts splattered everywhere. He died screaming in pain.
And you?”

“There was a meme thread in the War Room and one of the posts was a caricature of Mohammad with a bomb-turban. I clicked “like”. It was the wrong thing to do.”

What will this "something" be? You can't be talking about anything peaceful. It sounds like a violent uprising, from the ominous way you say it.

I don't know. It does not have to be something violent. MLK and the Civil Rights Marches in the 60s was something. The Anti Vietnam Marches were something. I don't think anything large violent will happen as long as people feel like they still have a political voice but if Breixit does not go through and people feel that their vote and political voice no longer matters I could definitely see something violent.

For my policy tastes it's unfortunate but you know, @alanb, as well as anyone, that British speech laws have always been much, much less liberal than the United States' dating back to the very beginnings of our republic, before First Amendment jurisprudence was even a thing yet. That's why basically the only times the US courts have refused to grant comity to UK judgments have been in the area of libel.

It's nothing new, and free speech has never been the staple in British culture that it is in the US. That's not to say it's like China, but you know what I mean.

Also, in terms of genuinely fake information, particularly in the area of group libel, there's a good chance that the internet age will force American courts to make some concessions on the First Amendment as well to salvage our democracy.

I really don't know here. Are their speech laws this restrictive in China? I know there is the Great Wall but does China actually put people in jail for this stuff? I know the US is much more liberal in terms of speech rights than most of the world but still its still surprising to look at the actual numbers

I wonder what Mr. Khan would think about a Mohammed balloon...

DiI65pbWsAAkJJO.jpg

DiI66hFWsAAmPVK.jpg

The idea that these people support free speech, liberty and freedom of expression is utterly laughable.

There were people in London walking around with a beheaded Trump effigy.

Dh_MfMUV4AA3vIl.jpg

https://www.westmonster.com/beheaded-trump-effigy-flown-at-london-march/

Now if someone did that with Sadiq Khan they would be arrested, 100% guaranteed and most likely charged with a 'hate crime'. It would also be plastered all over the media as an example of 'far-right extremism' and used to justify even more rules, regulations and restrictions on what we can and can't say.

These are also the same people who want Brexit, a democratic vote overruled and ignored because it didn't go the way they wanted. They then call Trump a Fascist.

Most of the ones I’ve seen are shockingly mild. Like I saw one after a terrorist had killed people with a car and a guy was basically like “we need to have a serious discussion about Islam” and that just set off a shit storm of liberals saying they had reported him, calling him racist, telling him to enjoy is time in jail, shit like that.

You’d actually probably be fairly surprised, almost none of it is violent and truly hateful stuff.
crazy that Alex Jones was correct about this. was listening to him on joe rogans podcast and he said Muslims will be used against us. this shit is fucking crazy. crazy!

DiI65pbWsAAkJJO.jpg

DiI66hFWsAAmPVK.jpg

The idea that these people support free speech, liberty and freedom of expression is utterly laughable.

There were people in London walking around with a beheaded Trump effigy.

Dh_MfMUV4AA3vIl.jpg

https://www.westmonster.com/beheaded-trump-effigy-flown-at-london-march/

Now if someone did that with Sadiq Khan they would be arrested, 100% guaranteed and most likely charged with a 'hate crime'. It would also be plastered all over the media as an example of 'far-right extremism' and used to justify even more rules, regulations and restrictions on what we can and can't say.

These are also the same people who want Brexit, a democratic vote overruled and ignored because it didn't go the way they wanted. They then call Trump a Fascist.
The whole body shaming thing is a conspiracy to keep us unhealthy. unhealthy fat and stupid is how "they" want us. whoever they are. they're using the general populations stupidity against us to make us even more stupid

To me the most disturbing case was the one that came out of Liverpool I believe, where the girl was convicted for posting rap lyrics on Instagram that included the n-word. It creeper me the fuck out that she was given a curfew and an ankle bracelet - the state was electronically monitoring her movements to ensure she didn't leave her home after 8 pm, all because she posted rap lyrics online.

Is normal for the UK. One nation under CCTV.
This is why we threw that perfectly good tea in the harbor.

To me the most disturbing case was the one that came out of Liverpool I believe, where the girl was convicted for posting rap lyrics on Instagram that included the n-word. It creeper me the fuck out that she was given a curfew and an ankle bracelet - the state was electronically monitoring her movements to ensure she didn't leave her home after 8 pm, all because she posted rap lyrics online.

Don't forget some grooming gang victims were also arrested on charges of 'racism' while the men who raped them were left alone to walk free. And their are cases where fathers tried to rescue their daughters from their abusers only for the police to turn up and arrest them while their daughters were left at the mercy of their attackers.

It's beyond fucked up but the usual virtue signalling idiots get more upset about Donald Trump coming to visit or an add campaign featuring an in shape woman in a bikini.

Back