Are you interested in seeing Stipe Miocic fight again?

Are you interested in seeing Stipe Miocic fight again?

• Total voters
It's tough to say what sorta shape he is in. We have seen fighters older than him have success, but he has also been in some wars.

Yes isn't seeing people get knocked out the reason we love this sport ?

It’s gotten diminished with each passing year. Last time we saw him, he got iced by Francis. Feels like an eternity ago.

god knows how he will look after all these lost years. Especially against a GOAT like jones.

I've always been a Stipe fan and will watch him against anyone. Beating Fatso x2 sealed that deal.

Crazy how this guy gets no support. He almost scored a KO before getting KO'd. He still a HW with big power.
That's massive conjecture though. We saw Frank it a big right hand, step back a little awkwardly, and then flatline him in one of the sport's nastiest knockouts.

Jon Jones has now been out over a year and doesn't have a fight booked.

The REAL champ, Tom Aspinall, can't get a unification fight because of this garbage senior citizen charade.

Jon has 1 win in 4 years iirc
Stipe has 1 win in 4 years.

This is a joke.

Stipe has not faced one single currently ranked HW.

It was bad enough when they first pushed this garbage ass fight in 2023. Now it is 2024, it seems pretty clear that this fight won't happen in the first half of 2024 or they will have to announce it pretty soon.

The most blatant ducking of a UFC title fight since GDR ducked Cyborg.

They're bringing Stipe's corpse out for a fight vs Jones so Jones can "beat a former champion" and then retire and pretend he's the GOAT

But nobody cares about this fight. If Jones is the champ he needs to fight the interim champ. Nothing else is worth the time.

Yes but only because I want to see psychopath Jon Jones brutalized him.

lose 1 fight against a fight you beat previously and everyone assumes you’re a can. geez. :rolleyes:

I don't care to see him fight again but it's a necessary evil if we're ever to get the HW division moving again.

One or 2 more fights, then call it. I'd like to see him take a tune-up, then have a fight. I don't like that he's been inactive for all this time, and he wants to come back and fight the best of the best.

No, not really. The dude is up there in age, hasn't fought in awhile and should just retire and enjoy life because he seems like a decent dude.

No, and I don't think he cares either and I respect that. He's in it for his own legacy fuck the fans more or less he's in it for prestige at this point which is kinda cool for an old guy

A long period of inactivity at his age? Hmm usually hell no.

I voted yes though because I like Stipe.

Interested in seeing him fight Jon Jones for a title? Fuck no.

Is it possible to have less momentum? Its so cold.

I dont like this because hw is great test for jones and stipe is great test for no-one at this point.
I respect Jones because he did fought Gane (that fight was 1 star out of 5 dogshit though).

If Stipe would come back and do an active schedule, three fights a year, starting with someone like Tuivasa or Rozenstruik, and working his way up as far as he can - yes. However him continuing to spend ridiculous amounts of time inactive between being parachuted in to top fights? Fuck that. I've seen enough of that.

I mean, let's be real here.

The whole reason why Dana and Jones wants Stipe instead of Tom is because that makes them look good.

Both Jones and Dana get to shout from the rooftops "The Greastest UFC LHW champ ever moves up and conquers the greatest UFC HW champ ever, and they you have it, folks, it is all overrrr!!! Jon Jones is the undeniable GOAT!!! Don't cry, bitches!! We were right you were wrong!" ... with their smug shit-eating grins and cocky swaggers working overtime.

And then the SherDickriders and the SherTrolls get on the ole forums and this place is a fucking shitshow for weeks...

Ugghhhhhh.

Julian's Done.gif

It's tough to say what sorta shape he is in. We have seen fighters older than him have success, but he has also been in some wars.
Seeing him walking into MSG hobbling like an old man killed it for me. That was the night this fight was meant to take place too, Jon had only pulled out 2 weeks before. Don't know how anyone could be excited for this fight after seeing that.

Back