Are we finally going to see Randy vs Fedor?

Jeff Goldblum69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tonight proves fedor really can't compete with modern HWs anymore ...and while Randys been retired for years hes never fully ruled out a return .... in sick and twisted way, this fight kinda makes sense now...
I know I'd tune in to see it ..

I said the same thing last night. I would gladly watch that fight, although I doubt it will happen.

Best idea for him would be to fight Randy (if he comes out of retirement) and then retire. But he says he wants to continue fighting and even was interested in a Mitrione rematch.

At this rate it is looking like he will go out similar to how Chuck did, possibly worse.

I only want him to fight people his own age or older.. So there are zero excuses..

The whole point of Randy vs Fedor was that they were UFC HW Champion, against the best non-UFC HW Champion to find out who the best was.

That premise makes zero sense a decade later. It's a bit different if it's guys past their prime who are settling bad blood, but that fight means nothing at this point, it would just be Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo level sad.

Isnt Randy like 53??

Tonight proves fedor really can't compete with modern HWs anymore ...and while Randys been retired for years hes never fully ruled out a return .... in sick and twisted way, this fight kinda makes sense now...
I know I'd tune in to see it ..
Yeah, I agree. It's the fight to make.

I think it could be a Chael Wandy type of fight. Imagine the last Emperor being the Next Dry humped?

Isnt Randy like 53??

he is 54 ... there is no fighter whatsoever in any combat sport that was half decent at that age. I mean even Dan Severn start losing in undergound amatuer mma events and was forced to retire at 53. At 54 without fighting for 6-7 years, and being a fighter that doesn't have ko power (ko power is the last that goes , so you can make use of it even at a older age ), it means that he doesn't even have a small puncher chance. Also his takedowns are from the clinch, which is exactly where fedor is good, so he should not have problems to block anything (though randy won't be standing long enough or get close enough to try to take fedor down). Also fedor still has his ko power which is the last thing to go.

This fight has 60 seconds ko written all over it...

he is 54 ... there is no fighter whatsoever in any combat sport that was half decent at that age. I mean even Dan Severn start losing in undergound amatuer mma events and was forced to retire at 53. At 54 without fighting for 6-7 years, and being a fighter that doesn't have ko power (ko power is the last that goes , so you can make use of it even at a older age ), it means that he doesn't even have a small puncher chance. Also his takedowns are from the clinch, which is exactly where fedor is good, so he should not have problems to block anything (though randy won't be standing long enough or get close enough to try to take fedor down). Also fedor still has his ko power which is the last thing to go.

This fight has 60 seconds ko written all over it...

People just want fedor to get a fight they are sure he can win.
A 53/54 year old guy has nothing to offer.

I only want him to fight people his own age or older.. So there are zero excuses..

Matt is only about a year younger than Fedor. Are there actually people making that excuse for Fedor's loss?

Back