Are crossroads real?

I think the always being at potential crossroads was a good way of putting it!

I don’t think anyone here can tell you to do this or do that, but if it makes sense to you and you can take that chance.. If you can explore that option now.. Go for it. If it doesn’t work out, at least you tried and then know better. Don’t - and you probably keep wondering if you should’ve but passed that intersection already.

Or something. I don’t know, I’m barely aware of what I’m doing and where I’m going.

<Fedor23>

Fair points . ... All solid reasoning... looks like you got a good head on your shoulders apply yourself and your mentality maybe your picture will become clearer....as will mine

Mma? I don't know. I'd say maybe try an amateur fight someday. You don't have to be too qualified

Most importantly pick up a martial art for fun/experience. Maybe BJJ because it's so gentle. Everything else, desire and circumstance, will follow

Just got off one TS.

Options were staying put, with my confortable company job and routine or move to a different city and try to start something new because I never liked the office/corporate job. Just last weekend close on a house on that new city and am going for it. Wife, kids and all.

So, in short:

View attachment 1009663

Oh man... This the positive energy we can all use...best of luck on your journey brother .. really and truly man that's a major move ..

There’s no money in fighting for most man, but I don’t want to dissuade you from your dreams. As long as you have your family supported go balls to the wall and chase that dream. Best of luck!

Mma? I don't know. I'd say maybe try an amateur fight someday. You don't have to be too qualified

Most importantly pick up a martial art for fun/experience. Maybe BJJ because it's so gentle. Everything else, desire and circumstance, will follow

As a fighter-hobbyist I will say that you should try to define what you really want out of fighting and why you would do it. It may be too late to have UFC aspirations or whatever but it may be extremely reasonable to pursue some amateur fights and see if that leads to pro fights. If you want to become a coach or involved in gym stuff then I think just being a good person in your team and training hard will open opportunities.

Ive been training for many years ...some years more concentrated then others...but im definitely not a noobie starting fresh ...but i cant say im pro without actually doing the fights at the pro level either...

Ive competed and won Jiujtisu competitions regionally here in Canada nothing serious ..

That said , theres something to be said about just starting something.. just get going to classes again regularly and see what happens.. there could be something to that thinking...

They're very real brother!

f87a8023f03a8f184905ab464cd22841.gif

Lmao

Ive been training for many years ...some years more concentrated then others...but im definitely not a noobie starting fresh ...but i cant say im pro without actually doing the fights at the pro level either...

Ive competed and won Jiujtisu competitions regionally here in Canada nothing serious ..

That said , theres something to be said about just starting something.. just get going to classes again regularly and see what happens.. there could be something to that thinking...

Yeah, I didn't start fighting until years later as I focused more on grappling for the first good portion of my martial arts training. But as I kept being involved in the team through training, training camps, supporting them at their fights etc. over time I have been asked to help teach classes and if I'd want to be on schedule to teach. Things like that, and I never went up to the trainers or gym management people and asked if I could- they approached me because they knew what I was about. So, I think really just being a dedicated and good training partner and member of whatever gym you're at will kind of guide you to what's next. It could be different depending on the gym especially i would think if it's a much bigger one or have lot of trainers already etc but a good gym will notice those who are dedicated to the sports.

You dun goofed now posting that here.

The mind has a way of leading you exactly where you would be happiest, as long as you listen and learn from any perceived setbacks.

The alternative isn't necessarily hell, but it sure looks that way to those who have already planted their feet on the summit and to those who follow closely behind.

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

Hey everyone just wanted to throw up a video from my last gym session and pose a question..

Are crosswords real in life? Or do things happen when there supposed to?

I finally feel like im getting back into fighting shape but if im honest other aspects of my life arent going great ..i own a tiny renovation company and things are slow right now and i cant say my focus is strongest there right now because ever since i was teenager ive always wanted to do something with Martial Arts for work, whether its fighting..coaching..coaching and Fighting...training and promotion running..something... But i never made that leap yet .. i had kids when i was young at 25 , and i felt like i had to do something else for work , ( you know it was the right thing to do sorta thing).. but i find myself debating my place and next moves in this thing called life...am i at crossroads ? Or am i just approaching a point in my life when its time to go for it .. or do i need to just let things be and move on ...

Do any of you have an experience similar to this? What was the outcome.?

https://youtube.com/shorts/RyU0qvZH3tE?si=aMDZXDC2r32_uBIP

As always thanks for checking in
View attachment 1009636

@BoxerMaurits one Step closer to being you AHAHAHA

Great question. And thanks for sharing TS.

Im hitting a crossroads in a negative way currently, I very much need to reverse that.

My crossroads is I used to be about 320 and very muscular (also a ton of fat obviously). I quit drinking years and slowly have been leaning out, currently at 253. I feel like at my age it’s so easy to lose muscle, the same muscle I worked for years and years powerlifting. Im healthier now but still not ready to let my “bulk” go.

Listen to yourself, if you know what you want, if you believe in yourself and your goals are realistic, look for the right opportunity--you'll know it when you see it. And then work your ass off.

Great question. And thanks for sharing TS.

Im hitting a crossroads in a negative way currently, I very much need to reverse that.

My crossroads is I used to be about 320 and very muscular (also a ton of fat obviously). I quit drinking years and slowly have been leaning out, currently at 253. I feel like at my age it’s so easy to lose muscle, the same muscle I worked for years and years powerlifting. Im healthier now but still not ready to let my “bulk” go.

Yeah that seems like quite the battle im not gunna lie... But sometimes who were becoming is better then who we were ...we just need to trust the process

You're asking a UFC specific forum, filled mostly with people who hate everything about UFC but still come to shit on it 24/7, for life advice.

My advice is find someone more suitable for answering the things you're asking, most of these folks just like to bitch and moan.

ALTHOUGH, they do give tons of fucks about other people's income.

Listen to yourself, if you know what you want, if you believe in yourself and your goals are realistic, look for the right opportunity--you'll know it when you see it. And then work your ass off.

Thanks for the reply man, i think some reflection time and consideration of what im really looking to achieve will definitely help me spot those opportunities

Back