Are crossroads real?

The mind has a way of leading you exactly where you would be happiest, as long as you listen and learn from any perceived setbacks.

The alternative isn't necessarily hell, but it sure looks that way to those who have already planted their feet on the summit and to those who follow closely behind.

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

Thats some serious knowledge you dropped here ...will listen to this during cardio work or a long car ride... Definitely some interesting nuggets there

Idk sounds like you just need to change gyms or something

Hey everyone just wanted to throw up a video from my last gym session and pose a question..

Are crosswords real in life? Or do things happen when there supposed to?

I finally feel like im getting back into fighting shape but if im honest other aspects of my life arent going great ..i own a tiny renovation company and things are slow right now and i cant say my focus is strongest there right now because ever since i was teenager ive always wanted to do something with Martial Arts for work, whether its fighting..coaching..coaching and Fighting...training and promotion running..something... But i never made that leap yet .. i had kids when i was young at 25 , and i felt like i had to do something else for work , ( you know it was the right thing to do sorta thing).. but i find myself debating my place and next moves in this thing called life...am i at crossroads ? Or am i just approaching a point in my life when its time to go for it .. or do i need to just let things be and move on ...

Do any of you have an experience similar to this? What was the outcome.?

https://youtube.com/shorts/RyU0qvZH3tE?si=aMDZXDC2r32_uBIP

As always thanks for checking in
View attachment 1009636

@BoxerMaurits one Step closer to being you AHAHAHA

I kick tree harder than you kick pillow

Ive been training for many years ...some years more concentrated then others...but im definitely not a noobie starting fresh ...but i cant say im pro without actually doing the fights at the pro level either...

Ive competed and won Jiujtisu competitions regionally here in Canada nothing serious ..

That said , theres something to be said about just starting something.. just get going to classes again regularly and see what happens.. there could be something to that thinking...
I've had friends that apparently did amateur mma. Idk where. A strip club? Well apparently one won and one lost. Maybe they were talking out of their asses. All I'm saying is there may be a place to try amateur mma and who knows who you'd be fighting. If you were fighting a nobody I'm sure your JJ could be a factor

But that's all crazy talk. I think the healthiest way to go about it is train at an MMA gym. Most students DONT fight. But you will be around people and coaches who do. You can cautiously try the hybrid classes. And if they see something in you they may find and prepare you for amateur

I’m 35 and can’t find anyone to be in my corner. I’m 1-0 in the cage, and everyone says take your one victory and be happy, you have nothing to prove, but I do have stuff to prove to myself. I can’t give up and will get back into shape and fight again. I’ll find someone to be in my corner and give it everything I have. Part of me says why risk the damage going into my old age, but the other that wants that pain to feel alive says bring it on.

I’m 35 and can’t find anyone to be in my corner. I’m 1-0 in the cage, and everyone says take your one victory and be happy, you have nothing to prove, but I do have stuff to prove to myself. I can’t give up and will get back into shape and fight again. I’ll find someone to be in my corner and give it everything I have. Part of me says why risk the damage going into my old age, but the other that wants that pain to feel alive says bring it on.

Is this for real? Where are located

Is this for real? Where are located
East coast mid west. My brother was in my corner for my first fight but life got pretty busy for him. I might have a misunderstanding but feel most corner men are in it for potential. I’m about to be 36 just doing it for the competition and love. Doesn’t help I don’t have any friends.

East coast mid west. My brother was in my corner for my first fight but life got pretty busy for him. I might have a misunderstanding but feel most corner men are in it for potential. I’m about to be 36 just doing it for the competition and love. Doesn’t help I don’t have any friends.
If we only cornered guys with potential, we’d only work a few events a year

If we only cornered guys with potential, we’d only work a few events a year
Don’t most gyms care about the reputation? Everybody wants to fight, you then cut that in half to the guys who can actually win.

Don’t most gyms care about the reputation? Everybody wants to fight, you then cut that in half to the guys who can actually win.
I would rather my guys look good in there, regardless of the outcome. Don’t get me wrong, I hate to lose, but a fighter who looks good makes my program look good, no matter the result.

And don’t take this the wrong way, but with your age, nobody in the audience is going to be expecting much. You won’t be held to the same standard as a 20-year-old kid so even if you aren’t as sharp, nobody’s going to take that as a reflection of your trainers or gym

Last edited:
I would rather my guys look good in there, regardless of the outcome. Don’t get me wrong, I hate to lose, but a fighter who looks good makes my program look good, no matter the result.

And don’t take this the wrong way, but with your age, nobody in the audience is going to be expecting much. You won’t be held to the same standard as a 20-year-old kid so even if you aren’t as sharp, nobody’s going to take that as a reflection of your trainers or gym
You have connections or know any gyms in Ohio that take anyone on to fight?

Back