Aqua Punching Bag 12" Head Hunter Review

On another note. I went on a boat ride last weekend and notice they had a water buoy same exact size. I'm wondering if the Aqua bag is just a dolled up water buoy?

I think they might be...from the Aqua Punching Bag site: "The materials used to create our aqua products were developed by one of the oldest and well respected marine manufacturing company in the USA."

@ rskbreaker

I too find it a bit awkward at times. Sometimes my fist rolls off.

@ rskbreaker

Are your bags filled to the max ? At first mine was not totally filled and it had a "dent" in it. With the help of a friend I added maybe 1 cup of water and the bag is now harder and seems to bounce a bit more and is more responsive.

Are your bags filled to the max ? At first mine was not totally filled and it had a "dent" in it. With the help of a friend I added maybe 1 cup of water and the bag is now harder and seems to bounce a bit more and is more responsive.

I don't have any dents. I filled mine until water shot back at me...lol. I'll have to try the cup trick.

If you buy just a generic marine buoy, what method would one use to get water in it? Isn't the valve/intake mechanism a little different (meant for air)?

If you buy just a generic marine buoy, what method would one use to get water in it? Isn't the valve/intake mechanism a little different (meant for air)?

The valve looks exactly the same as the aqua bag. You use a Phillips head to take out the valve and use the nozzle that comes with the aqua bag, attach to a hose and fill.

The valve looks exactly the same as the aqua bag. You use a Phillips head to take out the valve and use the nozzle that comes with the aqua bag, attach to a hose and fill.

WOw, thanks that's for the info that's pretty cool. I might just have to try this (I'll use a green plastic waterballoon filler hose attachment that's laying around). This makes new custom solid orange or white options available haha

WOw, thanks that's for the info that's pretty cool. I might just have to try this (I'll use a green plastic waterballoon filler hose attachment that's laying around). This makes new custom solid orange or white options available haha

I think the water balloon filler is actually what comes with the aqua bag.....lol. Let us know how it works!!!

I think they might be...from the Aqua Punching Bag site: "The materials used to create our aqua products were developed by one of the oldest and well respected marine manufacturing company in the USA."

Nice. I didn't even notice that on the site.

@ rskbreaker

I don't have any dents. I filled mine until water shot back at me...lol. I'll have to try the cup trick.

Same rolling issue with me. Bitch squirted at me too.

Filled to the max. I'm going to try a little less water next time I go out.

There's another option. You can both have it filled to where it's not 100% full of water, yet it doesn't have any air in it, either. That's how Canelo's bag appeared to be in the vid. Maybe try that

I am visiting New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island and had the chance to see a few buoy up close. Indeed they are really similar and feel about the same. The feel was different because they were filled with air but would not hesitate to buy one and try it. Only thing missing is the fancy sleeve that Aquabag puts over it.

I've been watching quite a few videos and a lot of them looked to not be filled all the way. I'm gonna try taking a bit of water out of mine and see if there is a difference.

got my boat buoy in today, while I don't have experience with an aqua bag I believe they are exactly the same thing only different colors. Especially after watching videos and reading comments on how they react. I got a 9in one to test as it was cheapest wish I'd gone 12 right away but after filling it up I'm still pretty happy with it. I'd had bad experience trying to ask questions and get responses from Aqua bag so I probably woulda never tried an actual Aqua bag unless I found one at a random gym I randomly end up at. But gotta admit converting a boat buoy was a pretty ingenious idea on their part. Now if only they had some CS to go with it. BTW if you go the buoy route they have more sizes and a 15in bag for those who want something between the 35lb and 160lb. Plus it's hella cheaper (got me a "custom white" bag lol)

got my boat buoy in today, while I don't have experience with an aqua bag I believe they are exactly the same thing only different colors. Especially after watching videos and reading comments on how they react. I got a 9in one to test as it was cheapest wish I'd gone 12 right away but after filling it up I'm still pretty happy with it. I'd had bad experience trying to ask questions and get responses from Aqua bag so I probably woulda never tried an actual Aqua bag unless I found one at a random gym I randomly end up at. But gotta admit converting a boat buoy was a pretty ingenious idea on their part. Now if only they had some CS to go with it. BTW if you go the buoy route they have more sizes and a 15in bag for those who want something between the 35lb and 160lb. Plus it's hella cheaper (got me a "custom white" bag lol)

That's awesome, you did it. Thanks for posting that

Was there any problem filling it up or plugging it back up?

That's awesome, you did it. Thanks for posting that

Was there any problem filling it up or plugging it back up?

None! I will say if you go the buoy route for a big bag (or even a small one) go to the dollar store and buy a water ballon filler adapter that goes on the end of a hose. I filled mine with a pitcher and it was a little slow and I'll probably add more after the indentations from shipping flex out but an adapter plus the hose pressure would be very nice

Very nice. West Marine here I come. I have the 12" inch aqua bag but want another size to switch it up from time to time.

Good to hear! Congrats on the custom white bag. lol

I think I'm going to skip the 9" and go with a low drag buoy. It's shaped more like a standard heavybag.

buoy-fishing-low-drag-ld-series.jpg

I've been watching quite a few videos and a lot of them looked to not be filled all the way. I'm gonna try taking a bit of water out of mine and see if there is a difference.

Did you try it yet? I'm going to test mine out tomorrow.

Back