Reaction score

Honestly that surprises me.

Hope it doesn't make them fat like us.

Attachments

• ur9q11c247h11.jpg
    ur9q11c247h11.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 666
I'd guess a big issue is there was not really as much domestic fast food in France previously which made it easier for the US brands to corner most of the market. Somewhere like Italy on the other hand you already had a lot of local bakery/cafe places selling fast food so the US takeover wasnt as complete.

Well yeah b king and MC are go to joints. Their prices have long veered away from the original offer.

Oh, I thought you meant Fast and the Furious. Fast food.

View attachment 1043581

Yes, Americans love fast food. They live their lives by a Quarter Pounder at a time.
A Royale at a time.

giphy.gif

I'd guess a big issue is there was not really as much domestic fast food in France previously which made it easier for the US brands to corner most of the market. Somewhere like Italy on the other hand you already had a lot of local bakery/cafe places selling fast food so the US takeover wasnt as complete.

We used to have "Burghy" but end up absorbed by McDonald, has been one side beating
Italian fast food found way to survive by switching to alternative stuff like Panino Giusto or La Piadineria

War for pizza has been kinda the opposite, Domino's Pizza has been murdered in very few years
"In Italy, Domino's declared bankruptcy closing all its stores.[76]"

The struggle to finally get Starbucks in Milan has been hilarious we people really wanted it here (mostly because bring cool memories of when you travel around) but local lobbies tried 99 tricks lol

Btw it's all a plot from sneaky frenchies to reconquer their land by poisoning all the McChickens, while they keep feed on safe swamp stuff like frogs and snails
pNbYai.gif

We used to have "Burghy" but end up absorbed by McDonald, has been one side beating
Italian fast food found way to survive by switching to alternative stuff like Panino Giusto or La Piadineria

War for pizza has been kinda the opposite, Domino's Pizza has been murdered in very few years
"In Italy, Domino's declared bankruptcy closing all its stores.[76]"

The struggle to finally get Starbucks in Milan has been hilarious we people really wanted it here (mostly because bring cool memories of when you travel around) but local lobbies tried 99 tricks lol
I'm thinking less so chain stuff and more just loads of local cafes which sell takeaway food, the kind of place that do massive pizza's and then chop them up into smaller squares to sell. France has never seemed to have nearly as much of that kind of culture to me.

Back