• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Appaloosa (2008)

For me, his awkwardness around her was perfect. Until he met her he'd only ever been around whores and squaws. He was completely thrown off by her attitude (for a woman in those days), and his inability to detect sarcasm or to handle being teased by her (he beat the shit out of those guys the first time she teased him) was priceless. I can see how some people might not have liked the portrayal, but I thought it was a great characterization.

Finally someone who appreciates good character writing

Pliny Pete expected Ed Harris to act like Macho Man Randy Savage

randy-savagejpg-fd3dd943b59edd14.jpg

Finally someone who appreciates good character writing

Pliny Pete expected Ed Harris to act like Macho Man Randy Savage

randy-savagejpg-fd3dd943b59edd14.jpg
Lol, I'm not ripping on anyone for liking what they like. But, I personally think it was a great original take on a character for a western, and he was a likeable guy to boot. Always tells the truth, awful sense of humor, wants to read more better but his vocabulary sucks, takes no shit from anybody and gives zero fucks. Ed Harris killed it. Viggo killed it too. I love everything about that movie, 'cept maybe Renee's face without makeup.

Lol, I'm not ripping on anyone for liking what they like. But, I personally think it was a great original take on a character for a western, and he was a likeable guy to boot. Always tells the truth, awful sense of humor, wants to read more better but his vocabulary sucks, takes no shit from anybody and gives zero fucks. Ed Harris killed it. Viggo killed it too. I love everything about that movie, 'cept maybe Renee's face without makeup.

LOOOOL. i must agree on everything you said and add props to Jeremy Irons

7/10 seems about right.

I thought it was good, but there have been many far superior westerns made in the last few decades. Actually the best one I've seen recently was that Netflix miniseries Godless.

Looking for a decent Netflix series. Thanks for the suggestion. Tuning in now.

7/10 seems about right.

I thought it was good, but there have been many far superior westerns made in the last few decades. Actually the best one I've seen recently was that Netflix miniseries Godless.

Been watching Godless, it's outstanding. Didn't look at the credits and realized Frank Griffin is played by Jeff Daniels about 3 episodes in...great acting by him. Unusual role for him too.

It was okay. Not great. The best thing about it was that 8 gauge. That thing was cool.

Back