Anyone on an Akaline Diet?

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been trying it for a couple of days and I am sleeping better. I must have been extremely acidic before b/c I also have gout.

I've been trying it for a couple of days and I am sleeping better. I must have been extremely acidic before b/c I also have gout.

That's good to hear. Also you probably know this already, but squeezing lemon juice into your waters helps raises the ph the levels. I don't recall exactly on how and why, but I remember reading about it and ever since then I've been drinking water with lemon.

That's good to hear. Also you probably know this already, but squeezing lemon juice into your waters helps raises the ph the levels. I don't recall exactly on how and why, but I remember reading about it and ever since then I've been drinking water with lemon.

I did an apple cider vinegar, water, and about a quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda this morning. I'm feeling way better and I don't even really need the coffee which is something I dropped b/c it is so acidic.

Lemon juice is a much tastier alternative though.

I did an apple cider vinegar, water, and about a quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda this morning. I'm feeling way better and I don't even really need the coffee which is something I dropped b/c it is so acidic.

That's cool. I have to try apple cider vinegar and baking soda.

Lemon juice and vinegar are acidic, why would you include these items in an alkaline diet?

Lemon juice and ACV become alkaline when in the body

That's good to hear. Also you probably know this already, but squeezing lemon juice into your waters helps raises the ph the levels.
yeah no

You linked an article with no chemistry and a suggestion to go to a naturopathic dentist. Even worse, it suggests that the urine becomes alkaline (which is waste) and since there is a hydronium ion balance that means the blood would be acidic.

secondly, thinking you are significantly altering your blood pH means your kidneys are NOT functioning properly.

Sounds like more broscience.

Last edited:
You linked an article with no chemistry and a suggestion to go to a naturopathic dentist. Even worse, it suggests that the urine becomes alkaline (which is waste) and since there is a hydronium ion balance that means the blood would be acidic.

secondly, thinking you are significantly altering your blood pH means your kidneys are functioning properly.

Sounds like more broscience.

I knew this was going to happened, so the only educational way of responding is this................

Sheila_Ferrari_Molina_9.jpg

Hopefully that was able explain the scientific reasoning behind the ph and acidic level.

Back