anyone have video of Dempsey's drop step?

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the best I've ever found and I'm always looking for more info on it. Or on Dempsey's fighting techniques in general.

This guy clearly doesn't think it involves an actual drop, but Dempsey's book is pretty clear that it does. I'm going to say the difference is modern sport boxing and its requirements.

Last edited:
I do not think it exist in the pure form. He was breaking down the technique into elemental moves, one of them is the Drop Step. If you read book, he mentions that real striking technique incorporates at least 2 (or 3 I forgot) of the elemental moves.

I can give you a hint: I think I discern Mayweather using something which is as close as you can get to the JD Drop Step. I 'll make a video about it soon

I do not think it exist in the pure form. He was breaking down the technique into elemental moves, one of them is the Drop Step. If you read book, he mentions that real striking technique incorporates at least 2 (or 3 I forgot) of the elemental moves.

I can give you a hint: I think I discern Mayweather using something which is as close as you can get to the JD Drop Step. I 'll make a video about it soon

I would love to see that.

Back