Anyone going to miss Rory in the UFC?

I watch Bellator also so will see him anyway, the promotion doesn't matter. A few good fights for him over there.
Ya really same here , LOL makes some of the Bellator cards better great for me .

Only mma fans, but I guess TS wouldn't know much about that.

This is a definite loss to the UFC roster. Rory is and will continue to be one of the best welterweights in the world.

Pretty sure I said I enjoyed watching him fight?

Rory leaving is a loss to the UFC WW roster, obviously, but that's not what I asked. A little more reading, a little less elitism bro ;)

He's still going to fight and so what if it's in another organization?

Yes. Despite most times when it looked like he had an awesome match up it turned out boring(Ellenberger, Woodley specifically. Also expected a more in the Thompson fight).

Yeah I agree, which is why I asked the question. The few MMA friends outside of the gym I have aren't big fans of him, not that they are MMA purists by any stretch, but I'll guess casuals haven't always been blown out of the water by him.

Lawler really brought out the serial killer in Rory, so who knows where he'd be now without those losses under his belt. He probably got a higher outsider price (with Bellator) with the Lawler loss than he would of without it.

Has every right to bitch about pay. Most guys should be bitching about pay. I'll miss Rory. People complained about him a lot but hey, I'm glad I get to still watch him. He's a tremendous fighter. The second fight with Robbie is an all time great.

Yeah I agree, which is why I asked the question. The few MMA friends outside of the gym I have aren't big fans of him, not that they are MMA purists by any stretch, but I'll guess casuals haven't always been blown out of the water by him.

Lawler really brought out the serial killer in Rory, so who knows where he'd be now without those losses under his belt. He probably got a higher outsider price (with Bellator) with the Lawler loss than he would of without it.
I do like & appreciate Rory but I have to remind myself not to get overly excited for his fights after the Ellenberger let down, haha. I expected that to be FOTY... :(

With his comments about pay in the year or so leading up to his title fight, it was obvious he's more interested in making quick bank than getting belts and building a legacy. He timed his leave badly though, dropping two straight fights on his way out the door.

I'm not sure going to Bellator is the smartest move for him, even if he got offered a little extra money - he's been in the top 5 at WW for years and really put himself on the map with his fight with Lawler. The set-back to Thompson isn't that devastating IMO, as I have Thompson becoming champ as soon as he signs on the dotted line against Woodley, and Rory made it competitive enough of a fight that there's potential for another shot at him.

In Bellator, what's his future? Pick the belt off Koreshkov, get a few defenses against opponents outside of the top 10... Fair enough if he just wants to give his nose a break (no pun intended) and take on some easier caliber fighters for moderate money.

He put on some mediocre fights during his UFC tenure, but I enjoyed watching him. Hope the Bellator thing works out for him.
I would have liked it
had he been able to stay int he UFC
it is up to him though and if he feel it better to go to Bellator the all the more power to him

Maybe we will see him back again one day
to re-engage the UFC as Ruthless did in leaving and coming back a few years later

always thought Rory had a lot of promise
he is only 26 years old and loves to fight

He's a top ten fighter with great potential...

Of course I'll miss him....what other answer is there?

Yah. He's one of my fav fighters and the best fights for him are in the UFC. Looking at his potential opposition over in Bellator, I probably won't even bother watching him fight the majority of them, definitely not live. I'm annoyed, but hey, he has a family now, and the UFC pay he was getting was crap. Expect him to return in a couple years though.

I do like & appreciate Rory but I have to remind myself not to get overly excited for his fights after the Ellenberger let down, haha. I expected that to be FOTY... :(
Me too, I couldn't believe how stagnant that fight was! Same with the Woodley fight...I think they both just gave Rory too much respect and then Rory didn't bother getting around to pressuring them much either. I laughed how Dana put the blame squarely on Ellengberger too...he did less than Rory, but they were both tentative to the point that I questioned how badly either of them wanted the impending title shot.

...Then he goes and KO's Saffadeine and puts on fight of the century with Lawler...only to kind of fumble around and let Thompson pick him apart for 25 minutes.

Love watching the guy at his best, but he was weirdly inconsistent when it comes to applying pressure.

Pretty sure I said I enjoyed watching him fight?

Rory leaving is a loss to the UFC WW roster, obviously, but that's not what I asked. A little more reading, a little less elitism bro ;)

sorry, I skimmed it and thought this was just another thinly veiled fighter bashing thread.

He's a top ten fighter with great potential...

Of course I'll miss him....what other answer is there?

A lot of casuals were pretty 'meh' about him (outside of the Lawler fights, of course). The UFC didn't think he was an investment worth bartering for, either, considering they didn't match the Bellator offer.

I think he had a stronger fanbase with hardcore fans than your average casual fan, who make up most of the PPV population.

I think it's bullshit. I'd rather have him in the UFC than many other fighters. Kick a Diaz and give Rory a raise

I watch every Bellator event as well as every UFC event so Ill still see him fight.Sad to see guys like him leave when UFC is supposed to be the top fighters in the world.UFC wont match what Bellator is giving him so obviosly he is going to be getting paid more there.

Imagine Rory vs Page in Bellator? that would be a epic fight

No, i won't really miss him. Aside from his war with Lawler, i've never been that excited by his fights. He doesn't have much personality, either, so i don't really care if he goes.

Back