Anyone ever had Scar Tissue on your Knuckles?

Zisteau

Green Belt
Reaction score
So, here's the situation. I was replacing an old faucet in my house, in the process of removing it I cut the middle knuckle of my middle finger pretty bad. Cut was about an inch long and down to the bone.

I got some stitches and it has since healed, but the scar tissue is extremely sensitive and I have a lump on this knuckle now. Any time I do any boxing it flares up and hurts like hell. The pain I could give two shits about, but its never going to get better if I keep hitting things with it. Anyone have experience with something like this, or know any ways to rehab a scar tissue injury?

I have slight scar tissue on knuckles on both hands from when I fell off a bicycle. I can't help much though as m cuts were quite shallow and I don't have any bad side effects.

My sister has a scar on her chest which she wanted removed. They can do some type of laser treatment to reduce it, maybe look into that.

How long ago did the injury occur?

I have a few scars on my knuckles. I'm the same as AXelator, though, in that the cuts were pretty shallow and haven't had any negative side effects except for one callous that has developed on the middle knuckle of my index finger.

like kyle said, how long ago did this occur, it just may take some time to heal up more, but if it took stitches you may just be screwed and have to deal with it

Happened about a month ago I think? The cut has been fully healed for 2 weeks or so.

give it a few more weeks to completely heal up if you can, I just have some small scar tissue on my pinky knuckle (didn't have heavy bag gloves at the time, so I was using mma sparring gloves) and it took a few weeks for it to heal up where it didn't hurt when I did my bag work, so yours will probably take a bit longer because mine wasn't that bad

I cut my index knuckle open badly punching a wall. Never got stitches because I was drunk, went to sleep, and when I got to the ER they said I waited to long to stitch it. It's been a really long time now but it's fully healed, no lump, just a scar. I don't train striking so I'm not sure, but I doubt it would flare up if I were to hit some mits.

What exactly do you mean there's a lump? I'm guessing you just have to let it heal longer. It's not an infection right?

most scars depending on the stitching, placement, depth, with either have a small indent or be raised, if it's more than just a small amount then it definitely isn't healed up yet and hitting the bag could definitely provoke infection

I cut my index knuckle open badly punching a wall. Never got stitches because I was drunk, went to sleep, and when I got to the ER they said I waited to long to stitch it. It's been a really long time now but it's fully healed, no lump, just a scar. I don't train striking so I'm not sure, but I doubt it would flare up if I were to hit some mits.

What exactly do you mean there's a lump? I'm guessing you just have to let it heal longer. It's not an infection right?

The doctor's don't think it's infected, but I'm on antibiotics anyways just in case. Guess I'll just wait it out for the time being, not being able to hit something is driving me nuts.

I cut my index knuckle open badly punching a wall. Never got stitches because I was drunk...

I wasn't going to mention how mine happened, but I will say that's a common tale my friend..

TS: Good job going to a doctor. And go kick something. I sprained my thumb yesterday, so today the bag got a chance to punish my legs (me = boxer). It didn't feel quite right, but it was satisfying all the same.

What you describe is pretty common actually. My dad has a lump like that from accidentally cutting his knuckle with a knife while carving a chicken. I also saw a pateint the other day with this. I don't think anything is normally done, because most people need to smash their knuckles into things and so tenderness isn't an issue. I would have to imagine it can be removed though...

TS: Good job going to a doctor. And go kick something. I sprained my thumb yesterday, so today the bag got a chance to punish my legs (me = boxer). It didn't feel quite right, but it was satisfying all the same.

Bad knee. Waiting on surgery. Boxing was the one thing I had left, now this happens.

best not to rush it iv had a awful time through the years.
IMG_3707.JPG

In my experience, I cut off my pinky about 2-3 months ago (cut into my ring finger as well) and am now able to hit pads/bags with no issue (though I've only just started trying). I wouldn't worry too much, bruises and shit along the fingers do take a bit longer to heal because of how little blood goes to that area. I'd talk to a hand therapist, to see if there's anything that you could do to speed up healing i.e. massage, exercises, whatever. But it looks like you can still do a lot (correct me if I'm wrong) as the injury only seems to affect one hand. You could get really good with the other, do footwork drills, S&C, refine your form in front of the mirror with both hands, shadow box with light weights etc. I don't know if all of those options are available to you, but I'm sure you could come up with a list that'd be conducive towards you improving in this time, rather than stagnating, or worse, deteriorating.

So, here's the situation. I was replacing an old faucet in my house, in the process of removing it I cut the middle knuckle of my middle finger pretty bad. Cut was about an inch long and down to the bone.

I got some stitches and it has since healed, but the scar tissue is extremely sensitive and I have a lump on this knuckle now. Any time I do any boxing it flares up and hurts like hell. The pain I could give two shits about, but its never going to get better if I keep hitting things with it. Anyone have experience with something like this, or know any ways to rehab a scar tissue injury?
These might help...

2j1639g.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back