Anyone ever bought Bitcoin?

You are playing the what-if machine which makes any venture that panned out look amazing. You would have similar huge gains to companies that are on the cusp on bankruptcy and managed to recover.
It wasn’t a what if machine though. We freakin were talking about the cycles and how it will rebound. Talked about the ETFs. Talked about how Luna and SBF tanked it hard and it will naturally rebound once that hype is gone. You even argued with us then. It wasn’t us say, but what if it were to rebound. We were telling you it would.

It wasn’t a what if machine though. We freakin were talking about the cycles and how it will rebound. Talked about the ETFs. Talked about how Luna and SBF tanked it hard and it will naturally rebound once that hype is gone. You even argued with us then. It wasn’t us say, but what if it were to rebound. We were telling you it would.

I never said it wouldn't bounce around. But just that it is as dumb as buying lottery tickets or pull tabs because it isn't used as a currency but just of an object of speculation. We are 12 years into bitcoin and it has near no adoption compared to regular currency or even grocery store coupons. If there was a great use case that would cause people to dump their dollars and euros for a digital fiat currency, it would have happened already.

Every time the price jumps, everyone screams to the heavens, all while there have been bunches of stocks that have similar gains or better since the last cycle. 2021 to now is three years. A lot has happened around the world since then.

I never said it wouldn't bounce around. But just that it is as dumb as buying lottery tickets or pull tabs because it isn't used as a currency but just of an object of speculation. We are 12 years into bitcoin and it has near no adoption compared to regular currency or even grocery store coupons. If there was a great use case that would cause people to dump their dollars and euros for a digital fiat currency, it would have happened already.
When it hits 500k in the future, will you still say the same things?

Blackrock, Fidelity, El Salvador, etc ...hedge funds are quite the supply

Go hard and long on futures. You would be able to buy $500k bitcoin futures for almost nothing. If you are so brave to ignore the fraud, grift, and lack of a use good use case, do it and get rich as you claim you will.

What would you wager it goes to within the next 12 months?

What reason would it have any real value? It is digital fiat. Magical tokens pulled out of thin air with no backing or governing body to regulate their price to allow them to be used as a non-volatile currency? No one wants them to have a steady backed value that would facilitate their use as currency because their only use is for speculation and gambling.

What reason would it have any real value? It is digital fiat. Magical tokens pulled out of thin air with no backing or governing body to regulate their price to allow them to be used as a non-volatile currency? No one wants them to have a steady backed value that would facilitate their use as currency because their only use is for speculation and gambling.
I don’t understand how that relates to my question. You really are completely ignorant on the subject. It makes me laugh.

I think Blackrock knows what it’s doing. If Bitcoin didn’t have a future, they would never have gotten involved.
Buy the way, I just bought my groceries with my gold I invested in. Just kidding, I have to sell the gold or it’s useless to me since I don’t know how to use it for electronics or how to make jewelry.

I don’t understand how that relates to my question. You really are completely ignorant on the subject. It makes me laugh.

Cool. No one is going to ever use when you have a federal digital dollar system like FedNow and international systems getting put in place, and other third party services like Venmo and Paypal, paymencento, and others. It is something that is trying to provide a solution for something that has already been solved with simpler systems. There is no one in the public that when they think about transferring money thinks that Bitcoin should be their first option unless it is someone trying to circumnavigate banking laws.

Cool. No one is going to ever use when you have a federal digital dollar system like FedNow and international systems getting put in place, and other third party services like Venmo and Paypal, paymencento, and others. It is something that is trying to provide a solution for something that has already been solved with simpler systems. There is no one in the public that when they think about transferring money thinks that Bitcoin should be their first option unless it is someone trying to circumnavigate banking laws.
What if, and hear me out, that I don’t think it will be an everyday currency.

:eek:

There's an adoption curve for any new disruptive tech, Bitcoin and crypto happen to disrupt the entire financial world as we know it - so there's going to be a lot bitterness from people wedded to the current dying legacy system. It takes an open mind to see where things are going. Anyone questioning it at this point (after BlackRock, Fidelity, multiple hedge funds, investment legends like Paul Tudor Jones, Stanley Druckenmiller, hell even Trump have jumped on the bandwagon) - is probably just being contrary.

An innovation adoption curve goes like this - first the innovators (Satoshi), then the visionaries (2013/14 buyers), early adopters (2017/2021 buyers), the early majority (2024-25 buyers), the late majority (next cycle's buyers), and the laggards (Prefect, Jim Cramer, etc). Everyone will eventually be sucked in, some with smiles on their face - and others kicking and screaming.

There's an adoption curve for any new disruptive tech, Bitcoin and crypto happen to disrupt the entire financial world as we know it - so there's going to be a lot bitterness from people wedded to the current dying legacy system. It takes an open mind to see where things are going. Anyone questioning it at this point (after BlackRock, Fidelity, multiple hedge funds, investment legends like Paul Tudor Jones, Stanley Druckenmiller, hell even Trump have jumped on the bandwagon) - is probably just being contrary.

An innovation adoption curve goes like this - first the innovators (Satoshi), then the visionaries (2013/14 buyers), early adopters (2017/2021 buyers), the early majority (2024-25 buyers), the late majority (next cycle's buyers), and the laggards (Prefect, Jim Cramer, etc). Everyone will eventually be sucked in, some with smiles on their face - and others kicking and screaming.

Tulips.

The use case for crypto is still shaky at best

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back